It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VeritasAequitas
reply to post by john_bmth

Spelling matters very much, which if you pay attention even poorly, you will see people getting knocked for sentences like...

"I hate when people don't use proper grammer."

What exactly is your point here? Are you really denying reality this much? Are you of such weak character that you cannot admit fault?

I find it ironic that people such as yourself are so quick to accuse others of being "closed minded" and "dogmatic" yet you have spent the last 5 responses to me doing everything but admitting your mistake and moving on.

I mean, seriously:

So can I spell things however I want, and just claim citizenship matters?

Just read back what you wrote there. Do you realise how ridiculous that statement is? Are you that proud you cannot acknowledge a mistake? And you expect to be taken seriously when you behave in such an immature and intellectually dishonest manner?

Get a grip. After my lengthy rebuttal to your post you ignored my arguments and attempted to score cheap points by picking up on spelling errors. Well, it backfired and you dug yourself deeper and deeper by failing to admit you messed up and just letting it go. I'm not going to respond to you any more, you've dragged this thread off-topic enough already and you have revealed yourself to be an intellectually dishonest hypocrite. Nothing fruitful can come from this "discussion" with you.
edit on 10-1-2013 by john_bmth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Yes, because I'm psychic and knew you were British before you told me...

Give me a breake dudee

I see what you mean, it's fun to spell things the way you want.

Au Revoir!

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:58 PM
link   
reply to post by VeritasAequitas

Doesn't agree with you..

The site you linked to is bit wacked because the lunar month is 29.5 days long, not 28. Whoever wrote that is quite mistaken. Notice that no examples of 13 months of 28 days calendars are given.

It seems that the earliest such calendar is from 1745.
en.wikipedia.org...

Some calendar reformers seek to equalize the length of each month in the year. This is often accomplished by creating a calendar that has 13 months of 4 weeks (28 days) each, making 364 days. The earliest known proposal of this type was the Georgian Calendar (1745)

Another link for such a calendar as being modern.
en.wikipedia.org...

I know that the calendar of Sumer was a true lunar calendar. It is based on a 29.5 day lunar cycle.

Can you provide an instance of a calendar based on 28 day months from ancient times?

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Because people want to argue about claims that I'm not even making....I stated it would be hard to outline a scientific mechanism in which this would happen, because Science doesn't know everything....

Your idea was flawed and that is why it was pointed out as flawed.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Yes, because I'm psychic and knew you were British before you told me...

Give me a breake dudee

I see what you mean, it's fun to spell things the way you want.

Au Revoir!

I'm.British as well. His spelling was accurate according to the British English dictionary. Your attampt at a cheap shot " its fun to spell things the way you want " is yet another sign of ignorance. Has it occurred to you that to us, The American spellings of color, optimize, etc etc are incorrect ?

Get over yourself and admit your error without being sarcastic. Or, is that below your "eniightened, spiritual astral plane existing " self? (Paraphrasing)
edit on 10-1-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

edit on 10-1-2013 by siliconpsychosis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Are we still on this?

It's 2013. The three days of darkness as prophesied to occur in 2012 DID NOT happen! It's over. Done. Get over it.

December 21, 2012. The biggest bust in woo-woo history.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

So .edu sites for education are whacked, but wikipedia isn't...Right-o...

Enjoy your thread bro's....I couldn't care less.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Please provide an example of an ancient calendar that is 13 months of 28 days.

The problem here is simple. A webpage from an EDU domain is no more correct than any other webpage. Anyone can post at an EDU site from student to janitor to a school affiliate.

Be more careful in the future.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Question: Because the Moon cycle is 29.5 synodic, was it always such?

The period of the Moon's orbit as defined with respect to the celestial sphere (of the fixed stars, nowadays the International Celestial Reference Frame (ICRF)) is known as a sidereal month because it is the time it takes the Moon to return to a given position among the stars (Latin: sidera): 27.321661 days (27 d 7 h 43 min 11.5 s). This type of month has been observed among cultures in the Middle East, India, and China in the following way: they divided the sky into 27 or 28 lunar mansions, one for each day of the month, identified by the prominent star(s) in them.

en.wikipedia.org...

That was based on Sidereal by the way.

edit on 10-1-2013 by VeritasAequitas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:31 PM
link   

Your idea was flawed and that is why it was pointed out as flawed.

Yet Hummer's on Jupiter isn't flawed? Trust me man, I don't want to argue about this anymore. My first comment was not in the manner of "Hey it's still gonna happen guys!!!!"

What it was saying was even if something like this is possible it would be hard to outline a mechanism we don't know about or have witnessed....You guys just took it to the next level....Some of you deserved the remarks you got because you haven't paid a single person in this entire thread some respect to have a civil discourse. Instead we got people jumping on the James Randi bandwagon with "woo-woo's" and other immature acts of character assassination. Knock it off and share your opinions or information without attempting to belittle others for creative or free-thinking..

It is almost analogous to the resistance that the original philosophers suffered for their blasphemous ideals and beliefs.

posted on Jan, 10 2013 @ 11:32 PM
link   

3 Days of Darkness in 2012,

Yeah, that didn't really pan out now did it?

NEXT!!!!
edit on 10-1-2013 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 11 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Question: Because the Moon cycle is 29.5 synodic, was it always such?

Within the existence of man on Earth the answer is yes. The Moon is receding from the Earth very slowly due to a transfer of momentum. That has been predicted and measured. The change is so slow that it would not be noticeable within the last million years without modern instruments.

The lunar calendar mentioned in your link is one possible lunar calendar. There have been attempts to reconcile the Moon with the Sun in calendars such as the one used in Sumer. Such calendars are complicated with changing numbers of months per year. The problem as you probably well know is that the various astronomical events do not have simple and easy to use relationships.

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Spelling matters very much, which if you pay attention even poorly, you will see people getting knocked for sentences like...

"I hate when people don't use proper grammer."

So can I spell things however I want, and just claim citizenship matters?

Ye, speak ol' english too eh,?

What ever is leaking you should get it checked, bumps to the head can be serious

This is the 21st century....Get with the program...

Yes modern medicine can probably cure your ailment so as you say get with the program and get your head checked.

A friendly bit of advice from a concerned member

posted on Feb, 18 2013 @ 04:10 AM
link   
This passage you referrence from the Catholic visionary is interesting indeed:

Catholic visionaries agree that the faithful should stay within their homes during this plague of darkness as most of the earth's inhabitant shall die

This plague, if it does correspond to the Plague of Darkness to be dished out in Rev. 16:10 and 11

"The fifth angel poured out his bowl on the throne of the beast, and his kingdom was plunged into darkness. Men gnawed their tongues in agony and cursed the God of heaven because of their pains and their sores, but they refused to repent of what they had done."

If you are waiting for the plague of darkness to be a sign it is already too late. The book of life closes for people before the first plague (of sores) even starts, if you are waiting for the fifth plague to be some kind of warning of anything then it is no useful warning at all as the final decision over everyone's fate has already been made.

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Maybe it means a weather front, cloud storm or some anomaly that blocks out sunlight?....rather than a giant something blocking the sun (which sounds absurd)

posted on Apr, 1 2013 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Wait, wait, WAIT! The darkness has started!!!!

......Oh wait, nvm, my eyes were shut.

Silly me.

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
Wait, wait, WAIT! The darkness has started!!!!

......Oh wait, nvm, my eyes were shut.

Silly me.

Yeah I did that, I realised I was still under the blanket

posted on Apr, 2 2013 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by old_god

Holy crap ....

I love your signature.

Sorry for the off-topic.

posted on Apr, 3 2013 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6