It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:23 AM
link   
Reply to post by Julie Washington

Oh noodle boy, I could have sworn all these predictions were for 2011 when I read them in 2010 let the good times roll then I guess....

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Maybe a dimension shift??

Supposedly ,as not all dimensions have 'time' ,then if it happens as in heaven where theres no time, it could all take place on our own inner 'spirit' level,.....
Ugh, didn't come out quite right but thats as good as I can get atm! (Bit tired:duh

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Thanks for the links, however I was focusing more in prophets and visionaries rather than ATS posters predicting the end of the World because od Elenin or Nibiru.

Also wanted to show how the prophecy has overlapped different religions and cultures for hundreds of years.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:23 AM
link   
I really loved your post OP and it had some stuff I hadn't heard before, so even better!

S&F

Rev

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Julie,

Thanks for more of a centralized focus on this point

I found the prophecy about the light illuminating from Orion (and not our Sun) extremely interesting in light of science warning us that Betelgeuse is set to explode any day, year or century from now. So that was very poignant seeing they had thousands of constellations to choose from yet Orion was chosen (that happen to have a star that's about to go supernova)

Originally posted by Pelvi
What if its this simple. What if the "3 days of darkness" is actually just what naturally occurs on December 22nd? I'm sure you ALL know that on December 22nd of every year the sun gets to its lowest point in the sky and for 3 days is stays in this same position until December 25th. What if all of this is just mistranslations for the understandings they had of the year, and these "3 days" was how they knew it was the end of the year. Just food for thought.

Somehow I can't see how 3-days of darkness equates to shorter days of sunlight. As we enter and leave the Winter solstice, we still have daylight. Just less of it. So personally I don't see how a prophet would take his poetic license and exaggerate a point. I just think it's deeper than that.

Originally posted by Akragon
If we had a "pole shift" in 2012 at the right time... its possible.

Not that i would know, but it sounded good when i thought of it...

edit on 6-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

I've always considered this too, especially after Nancy Leider hammered it into my head for a year back in 2002 but here's what I was overlooking.
Even if the Earth DID go through a physical pole shift and let's say, it shifted and started spinning the other way (or whatever the case may be) the Sun is still shining somewhere on the planet. So the planet itself wouldn't go through 3-days of darkness. However 'parts' of Earth might though. So how could this be an accurate prophecy? What?...it only applies if you read it in the southern hemisphere or something?
When I think of it in the sense it sounds too flukey.

Personally? I have not nor have ever discounted the Mayan calendar having to do with the return of Planet X/Nibiru. It just resonates too deeply within me to ignore.
And again, for me?.....it helps to explain many of Earths mysterious changes that science has yet been unable to explain.
So perhaps this HUGE planet (that is 4 times larger than Jupiter and which scientist have named; Tyche) literally BLOCKS the Sun as he passes through our elliptical plain? Again, for me, it makes scary sense.

Nancy Leider at around 4-minute.

edit on 7-1-2012 by Human_Alien because: spelling error

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Found this in connection with the photon belt but there is only 3 days and nights of light or 15-20 minutes of darkness.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
There are TWO possible scenarios.

Should Earth reach this PHOTON Belt before our Sun does, the sky will appear to be on fire and there would be three days and three nights of blinding light. Welders’ goggles would be needed to protect eyes from this light, as it would burn out the retinal nerves, and this would continue for 110 - 120 hours. This is a cold light, therefore there would be no heat.

Or

If the Sun reaches the Belt first there will be a similar period of immediate and total darkness, without the sun rising. All molecules will become excited and atomic structures will change at this point in time and all life-forms will have a certain luminescence about them, creating their own light system.

Signs of the approach of the Photon Belt are said to be strange lighting effects or colors in the sky, a perception of less light - even in midsummer, and a gradual darkening of the planet itself, with final entry into total darkness taking 15 - 20 minutes.

Some plane crashes and ’balls of lightning’ can be attributed to or result from these particles of blinding light. Likewise, many instances of cities going off the grid, electricity shutdown, radar system malfunctions (at airports, for instance) stem from entry into the fringes of the Photon Belt. (Often they are man-made)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Inannamute

Yeah, i was lost when it got to the short skimpy hot pants clothing

Hello tribes have been wearing leather thongs and sea shells forever, Some even decorate their private parts and there is nothing sexual about it.

Just because some cult leader way back couldn't get it up. he didn't want anyone else to either. mind you im all for them not mating, you know natural selection and all.

oops i forgot to ask, how long does it take a large object to cross our path between our Sun and Earth?

love and harmony
Whateav

edit on 7/1/12 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

WOW - Human_Alien - For me that was an epiphany!

I've not paid any attention to the Nibiru Plant x stuff, BUT that makes total sense.

It actually ties everthing together quite nicely, but terrifying at the same time.

> Sun is blocked by another planet for 3 days.

> This other planet's gravitational pull cause the Earth to shift slightly (this is written about by ATS resident expert Scott Creighton on his theads about the Egyptian pyramids).

> This ties the major Earth shifts and eathquakes to the prophecies.

> There is some connection to Orion. Maybe Scott is right about the Pyramids being a time clock.

However, if there was such a planet I would think we would see it by now, either that or 2012 is not the year. Where did I read about we had the year wrong and they Mayan calendar actually ended in 2017? Gonna have to look for that.

I'll post more later. Again, thanks!
edit on 7-1-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Fascinating post! Great work on the research and connecting the dots between the different prophecies.

Unfortunately i refuse to believe in prophecy since its true existance would preclude free will, and i refuse to believe my life and every little decision i will make was plotted out for me long before i was born. I am a free man.

This part does bother me however, especially if you do believe in these things:

Originally posted by Julie Washington
NO - IT"S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

It's an exciting time to be living!

If this does come to pass, this is not exciting. There will be death and suffering on a level unheard of in the history of man. How could you possibly be excited? I do not want to watch my loved ones suffer and die. If you feel somehow you will 'ascend', or any of that other new age or christian garbage, fine, be happy for yourself. But please refrain from using the word exciting. People will suffer.

edit on 7-1-2012 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Rapha

Rapha - nice addition.

I need to read some more...

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by nightbringr

Nightbringr - I certainly didn't mean to be happy about destruction and death, and perhaps exciting was't the right word to express my feelings.

I meant to convey my fascination and awe about these possible terrifying events and certainly wish no one harm. However, if having a choice to live in a time of historical earthly events, I would do so - to be able to witness 1,000's of prophecies come true, well since I have spent so much time searching for answers of ancient history, it would be fulfilling.

I have no fear of death and actually look forward to my next journey.
edit on 7-1-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Good post OP, however, I have some questions here.

This 72 hours of darkness is a part of the Christian belief if I am correct. What is Mayan myth doing in the middle of it? As they were slaughtered by Christians and Jesuits..!

Muslims don’t have this myth and literally it is unheard….!

Could be this “darkness” is a metaphor of something much different than a simply (lack of light)?

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by ignorant_ape
reply to post by Julie Washington

ok - simple question - please outline the scientific mechanism which will cause 3 days of darkness

actually that question is not so simple to answer. Our universe is vast and still full of mystery. The darkness could come from something that we could not even fathom yet. Just sayin,

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Well didn't they say something about that in Nov. 2011. We were suppose to be in supposedly 3 days of darkness, but, it never happened. Now it's the year 2012, we are suppose to have it again, but different year. I doubt we will. But, if it did happen. It would just be another day. Yuh, and won't we still have electricity? Just because we are in darkness, doesn't mean we won't have any light. I don't think there is anything to panic about even if we did have 3 days of darkness.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

That is the way science works. Anything that is wrong is fixed. But not everything has a chance of being shown to be wrong. Often the methods are improvements. Consider the following example:

1. The world is flat - very old idea
2. The world is a sphere - at least 2200 years old, maybe more
3. The world is oblate - some 300-400 years old
4. The world is more complex than oblate - last 3 decades

Still the first approximation was useful to those that build buildings today. A surveyor does not need to consider the shape of the world for a building sized object. The surveyor can consider the Earth to be flat.

Is it wrong to assume a flat Earth when laying out a building? Not at all.

The same applies to using Newton's laws of motion. In almost all practical instances the relativistic issues do not need to be considered.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 46ACE

And even if the Sun shut down its nuclear reactions it would take a long time for the Sun to stop shinning. The nuclear reactions are not on the surface. They are deep inside of the Sun and it takes a while for the heat to reach the surface.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

Good suggestions:
1. Any volcanic eruption would to obscure the Sun would have to be much greater than Tambora which is believed to be the causes for the year without a summer
2. An asteroid impact to obscure the Sun would be an extinction level event
3. If there were matter in space dense enough to block out the Sun then we'd see them ahead of time since they would block out the stars.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by amkia

Dabbah al-ArdQuran 27:82, etc., also describes Dabbah al-Ard, "A Creature from the Earth.". His appearance will be heralded by the forementioned three days of darkness and a shift of the Earth's axis of rotation:"And when the word comes to pass against them, We shall bring forth a Creature from the Earth, Dabbah al-Ard, that will speak to them, because people did not believe in our messages...

Moslem prophecy lists many signs of the times that are repeated in different contexts in Islamic literature, which makes them difficult to compile in chronological order.

Before Dajjal appears, there will be three years of drought. In the first year, the sky will withhold one-third of its water; in the second year, two-thirds, and in the third year, there will be no rain. All animals will die. When Dajjal appears, he will be followed by 70,000 Yahudis (Jews) from Isfahan (present-day Iran) wearing silk clothing, or wearing Persian shawls (according to Hadith 7034), and carrying double-edged swords.

At that time the earth will collapse into sinkholes in various places: one in the east, one in the west, and one in Hejaz, Saudi Arabia. A fog will cover the earth for 40 days, during which time the non-believers will lay unconscious, while Moslems will suffer from a cold-like illness.

The fog will be followed by three days of darkness. This will occur during the month of Zil-Hajj after Eidul-Adha. Then the sun will rise in the west. After this event, it will be too late to repent. A cold wind will kill all Moslem believers, leaving only the infidels alive to witness the Last Hour. When the angel Israfil blows his trumpet, the resurrection will begin.

Source

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Pole shifts have never happened. The closest was an event 800Ma that took 15My to complete.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join