It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

3 Days of Darkness in 2012

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+36 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I was inspired to start this thread from the thread posted by Human_Alien titled:

Shocking Announcement about 2012 (Princess in Japan). Please read that thread for more info and video.

Thread Link

Human’s thread discusses the predictions of Princess Kaoru Nakamaru of Japan. Also part of this discussion was the mention of “3 Days of Darkness”.

I wanted to focus on the topic of “3 Days of Darkness” that got a bit lost in the thread, but there were many good posts related to it in that thread.

Some have heard of this before, others haven’t, so here is some information that pertains specifically to “3 Days of Darkness”.

There are many theories and phrophecies that overlap on this very topic. For space and time I am only including a part of the phrophecy. Please go to the source to read the entire script.

THE PROXIMATE SIGNS

1. Flouting of church laws, irreverence and immodesty in church, fall in attendance at church.

2. Lack of charity towards others, heartlessness, indifference, divisions, contentions, godlessness, pride in human knowledge.

3. Breakdown of family life: immorality, adultery, perversion of youth (e.g. homosexuals giving lectures in schools), immodest fashions (e.g. mini-skirts and hot pants, bikinis and see-throughs), people concerned only with eating, drinking, dancing and other pleasures.

4. Civil commotions, contempt for authority, downfall of governments, confusion in high places, corruption, coups d'etat, civil war, revolution. (The first four proximate signs have already come to pass, at least partly; for we are yet to see civil war and revolution in the West. But the sequence of events is not strictly chronological; there is room for some overlapping. Thus, the 5th proximate sign seems to have begun also.)

5. Floods and droughts, crop failures, unusual weather, tornadoes, earthquakes, tidal waves, famines, epidemics, unknown diseases (e.g. new strains of viruses).

SOURCE

Of course the one thing we don’t know is WHEN this will take place. But after reading the signs that all are relevant for today, it gives one pause.

Further reading at the above link gives us a clue to when this will happen.

These will take place between the proximate and the immediate signs. Both will be supernatural occurrences, and the Miracle will closely follow the Warning. There will be a solar prodigy; a Cross will be visible in the sky all over the world. The Warning will be associated with the letter "A"; it will not fall on a Feast day of Our Lady, nor on the l8th of the month.

The Miracle will fall on the Feast day of a young martyr of the Eucharist; this will be on a Thursday evening, and it will coincide with an important Church event.

Since the Miracle is to be seen only in Northern Spain and in Rome, and since the Cross in the sky is to be seen everywhere, it seems that the latter occurrence will take place with the Warning, not with the Miracle. However, the Miracle may also have a Cross in the sky.

CATHOLIC

The Three Days of Darkness is an apocalyptic tradition within Catholicism which recalls the tenth plague of Moses against Egypt.[1] Just as God punished the idolatrous Egyptians during the days of Moses with Ten Plagues culminating in "three days of darknesss," so also, at the end of time will God will punish the entire world with "three days of darkness."

The theory holds that the entire earth will be enveloped by perfect darkness lasting the span of three days and three nights. The only light that will be seen during these three days will come from blessed candles. Catholic visionaries agree that the faithful should stay within their homes during this plague of darkness as most of the earth's inhabitant shall die

Wiki Link

JOHANN FRIEDE
Johann Friede (1204-1257), an Austrian monk of the Order of St. John

"The nebula of the Greater Bear will arrive in the vicinity of earth... and will fill the space of five hundred suns at the horizon. It will more and more cover up the light of the sun until the days will be like nights at full moon.

The illumination will not come from the moon, but from Orion, which constellation, by the light of Jupiter, will send forth its rays on the Greater Bear and will dissolve its nebula with the force of light.

"By this time mankind will be stricken with terror. Birds will be like reptiles and will not use their wings. Animals of the ground, in fear and alarm, will raise such a clamor that it will make human hearts tremble. Men will flee their abodes in order not to see the weird occurrence.

Finally, complete darkness will set in and last for three days and three nights.

Source

CATHOLIC NUNS

Several Catholic nuns of the 19th century reported their visions of a third and final world war and three days of darkness that will enshroud the planet.

Such a darkness is prophesied several times in the Bible, and may have served to inspire their prophecies; see Joel 2:10, 31 and 3:15; Matthew 24:25, 29; Revelation 6:12, 14 and 8:12; Zechariah 14:6, 7; Isaiah 13:10 and 24:23; Mark 13:24; Luke 21:25, and Acts 2:19, 20.

Sister Palma Maria

"There shall be three days of darkness, during which the atmosphere will be infected by innumerable devils, who shall cause the death of large multitudes of unbelievers and wicked men.

Sister Marie de Jesus Crucified

"All states will be shaken by war and civil conflict. During a period of three days of darkness, those who walk along the paths of deprivation will perish; only the fourth part of humanity will survive. The clergy, too will be greatly reduced in number, as most of them will die in the defense of the faith or their country."

Marie Dehenney de la Faudais

"There will be three days of continuous darkness. During this fearful darkness only candles which have been blessed will burn. One candle will last for three days, but in the houses of the impious they will not burn. During these three days demons will appear in horrible and nauseating forms and will make the air resound with appalling blasphemies.

Rays and flashes will penetrate through the streets at an unusual time of the year. The sea will reverse in foamy waves upon the Earth. Indeed, our planet will become one huge cemetery. The bodies of the impious as well as with those of the just will cover the soil. The famine which will follow will be enormous; all the vegetation of the earth will be destroyed as also will be three-fourths of mankind. The crisis will come suddenly and the disaster will be universal."

Source

edit on 6-1-2012 by Julie Washington because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Continued....

A MAYAN STORY

Three Days of Darkness, A Mayan Story as Told by Ms. Juana Cowo

My Granny was scolding we children when we was very young… she told us we knew nothing of the challenge of the darkness. She said when she was very young, she and all the people woke up to no sun. She said she was so frightened for it was very dark without the sun and also too cold. She told me and my brothers and my sisters and my cousins that we take too much for granted, that we take for granted the sunshine and the moonshine, but that we would never do this again when we had lived through the three days of darkness.

Granny said that the elders knew right away what to do in this time of no sun and no light. That this time had always been prophesied by the elders and had happened many, many times before.

The wise people always prepared for this darkness by saving the old tortillas (corn tortilla chips). And so the elders began to build the fires, for the fires must be lit or the darkness can drive some to madness. And the people began to pray together and sing together and burn the tortillas together for this is the sacred food that the Gods desire. Granny says that the smoke of the tortilla carries the message to the Gods to please bring back the sun.

There is more at the source

SOURCE

EGYPTIAN AND MORMAN CONNECTION
Now here I found a VERY interesting comparison of the Egyptian Temest Stele and The Book of Mormon.

External Text:

Several Days of Darkness
Tempest Stele
"for a period of [. . .] days."22
Book of Mormon
"And it came to pass that it did last for the space of three days that there was no light seen" (3 Nephi 8:23). /

Unfortunately, the Tempest Stele breaks off at that point so we can neither determine how close the parallel is, nor compare the magnitude of the eruptions. However, the number of days in the Temple Stele must be at least two, based on sentence construction.

It goes on to describe:
 Several days of darkness
 Accompanied by Massive Destruction
 The Great Son
 Caused by Divine Agency
 Loud Noises

Maxwell Institute of Theology

PADRE PIO AND THE THREE DAYS OF DARKNESS

From translation of a copy of a personal letter written by Padre Pio addressed to the Commission of Heroldsbach appointed by the Vatican that testifies to the truth and reality of these revelations on the Three Days of Darkness given by Our Lord to Padre Pio, a Capuchin priest who bore the stigmata.

This catastrophe shall come upon the earth like a flash of lightning at which moment the light of the morning sun shall be replaced by black darkness! No one shall leave the house or look out of a window from that moment on. I Myself shall come amidst thunder and lightning. The wicked shall behold My Divine Heart.

There shall be great confusion because of this utter darkness in which the entire earth shall be enveloped, and many, many shall die from fear and despair.

Those who shall fight for My cause shall receive grace from My Divine Heart; and the cry: "WHO IS LIKE UNTO GOD!" shall serve as a means of protection to many. However, many shall burn in the open fields like withered grass! The godless shall be annihilated, so that afterwards the just shall be able to stand afresh.

On the day, as soon as complete darkness has set in, no one shall leave the house or look from out of the window. The darkness shall last a day and a night, followed by another day and a night, and another day--but on the night following, the stars will shine again, and on the next morning the sun shall rise again, and it will be SPRINGTIME!!

So a previous prophecy said it would be in April, which is the month of Spring….

SOURCE

So it seems there are many overlapping stories about “3 Days of Darkness”.

Mayan Grand Elder Wandering Wolf

www.youtube.com...
(Having trouble with the video embed, but link works)

I have a strong feeling that this is all related to 2012.

NO - IT"S NOT THE END OF THE WORLD.

It's an exciting time to be living!

If you know of any more prophecies related to the "3 Days of Darkness", by all mean add them. Open for discussion!

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:55 PM
link   
Great post OP! It is going to happen!

+9 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

ok - simple question - please outline the scientific mechanism which will cause 3 days of darkness

+5 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by ignorant_ape

I am no scientist, sorry.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:25 PM
link   
pretty interesting post, I have completely lost hope in anything cool happening but we will see, and also.. Science is only what we THINK we know, only to later on find out we were wrong and correct it and for one day it to be wrong once again.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Julie Washington

I am no scientist, sorry.

exactly...
So if by some fictional magic the earth were to stop spinning "for 3 days":fully half the earth would be in 3 days of full sun..(?)Where's that in any of this?

Only slightly less unimaginable(unlikely) is the nuclear reaction in the sun going"out". Which would mean the photosphere would collapse upon itself and the earth would not exist to last the 3days of the ensuing"darkness"? Afterwards it wouldn't matter anyway.
So I'm going to sit back and enjoy all the economic rollercoaster excitement 2012 is sure to provide knowing full well the rest of this is uadulterated "horse hockey".
edit on 6-1-2012 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

+7 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
What if its this simple. What if the "3 days of darkness" is actually just what naturally occurs on December 22nd? I'm sure you ALL know that on December 22nd of every year the sun gets to its lowest point in the sky and for 3 days is stays in this same position until December 25th. What if all of this is just mistranslations for the understandings they had of the year, and these "3 days" was how they knew it was the end of the year. Just food for thought.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Sorry but this violin has been played a little too much.

+2 more 
posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   
If we were to think of the ways the Earth could be dark for 3 days, my unscientific mind thinks of a couple of different ways.

Perhaps an erupting volcano's ash and clouds obscure the sun for 3 days.

Perhaps an Asteroid hits the earth and creates a dust cloud that obscures the sun for 3 days.

Perhaps we go through the dark rift of the milky way and there are space clouds that obscure the sun for 3 days.

or perhaps it never happens...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Pelvi

Very well could be...

But who's to say...

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:50 PM
link   

I don't for one second believe this prediction, but......I would imaging a large scale nuclear war would lead to days of darkness......admittedly more than 3 days though.

posted on Jan, 6 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
If we had a "pole shift" in 2012 at the right time... its possible.

Not that i would know, but it sounded good when i thought of it...

edit on 6-1-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Yes... but I don't think I pole shift would create "3 days of darkness" without distroying the earth. And I don't believe that is what the prophecies are telling us.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:08 AM
link   
With pure honesty. We are ALL going to leave this world and the majority in a violent manner. The non-funny Jimmy Fallon can attest to this. Sorry JImmy, you are not funny and you never have been.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 01:13 AM
link   
Im going with dark space cloud that seems plausible.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
If I recall correctly, the three days of darkness is not "outside" but in fact it is "inside".
Don't quote me but I think the story goes something like this:
Due to issues with the Earth's magnetic field - ie it will disappear for a bit while some things move around - and considering that we are energy and our bodies are heavily tied to electromagnetism, you and I will actually become technically blind until the field reinstates itself.
At which point some believe that we will also "forget" due to the same phenomena.

I'm not sure exactly how this works with regard to people who have been in space? I don't know how far the field stretches but it does sound a little fanciful to me.

I guess if it happens there won't be much to worry about.
Maybe being in contact with your spirit will get people through - I'd imagine most everyone else will be "lost".

Who really knows?
edit on 7-1-2012 by trouble_every_day because: changed stuff

+20 more 
posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 04:33 AM
link   
You lost me at

perversion of youth (e.g. homosexuals giving lectures in schools),

Uh, are homosexuals giving lectures in schools about how to do anal properly? I'm guessing probably not. Homosexuality is not pedophilia, as much as the conservative straight edge narrowminded people may wish it to be. Nor are they recruiting. You are gay, or you are straight. Gay parents raise straight kids and straight parents raise gay kids. Nothing to do with an army of militant homosexuals perverting the youth of the world, so please stop implying they are.

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Julie Washington

1. Flouting of church laws, irreverence and immodesty in church, fall in attendance at church.

2. Lack of charity towards others, heartlessness, indifference, divisions, contentions, godlessness, pride in human knowledge.

3. Breakdown of family life: immorality, adultery, perversion of youth (e.g. homosexuals giving lectures in schools), immodest fashions (e.g. mini-skirts and hot pants, bikinis)

I wouldn't want to live in a world without bikinis and hotpant! Oh the horror of covered skin!!

Seriously these ideals blah blah have no place in the modern world, it is this ideals that are the fall of religion not the devil.

ALS

edit on 7-1-2012 by ALOSTSOUL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 7 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
Havent posted in a while but this thread moved me to do so again. Beforehand I will not at this time go on a research frenzy to prove what i am about to add but it is my firm belief that this is based on scientific facts wich have had screen time in MS television.
What came to my mind when I read this thread was the biblical account of Joshua 10:13 where the sun stood still for a whole day... I recall the world of science backing up this biblical account.
If a god was able to accomplish that feat it would not be unthinkable for a scenario of 3 days without light to really come to pass...
my 2 cents

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join