It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hebrews and Muslims living Peacefully together in the Holy Bible

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by sk0rpi0n

God also had people killed for picking up sticks on the Sabbath.
Do you happen to follow all the Old Testament laws??
No. I'm not a Jew....duh.

Have you ever done anything that would have gotten you killed during Old Testament times?
Yes. I work on the Sabbath.

Or do you conveniently believe that you are safe from getting killed by fellow Bible-observant folks....simply because you happen to believe the Old Testaments laws don't apply to you???
Yes, I am safe. But really now...do Old Testament laws apply to me? Do they really?
Does military law (UCMJ) apply to you if your not in the military?
Does a 35% tax rate apply to you if you are not making more than 200k a year?
Does hockey rules apply to baseball players? What about basketball players?
Does Chinese law apply to American citizens?

Then why would Jewish laws apply to me, a saved, Christian gentile?

You know.....you don't use much common sense do you? I usually ignore posts like your just because I get a laugh at people like you that try so hard to understand the Bible...but I felt a good sharp rebuke might do you good this time.
Please learn how to read 6th grade English and then we will talk again. And don't reply to me unless you answer my above questions I posted to you.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 06:51 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Yes, I am safe. But really now...do Old Testament laws apply to me? Do they really?
Does military law (UCMJ) apply to you if your not in the military?
Does a 35% tax rate apply to you if you are not making more than 200k a year?
Does hockey rules apply to baseball players? What about basketball players?
Does Chinese law apply to American citizens?

Then why would Jewish laws apply to me, a saved, Christian gentile?

You think you are "saved" because you have fallen hook, line and sinker for a bunch of lies.
The jewish laws apply to any christian who

a) Follows christ, who insisted that OT laws be maintained till "heaven and earth" pass away
b)Clings on to the Old Testament to make their case for Jesus.

I get a laugh at people like you that try so hard to understand the Bible.........
Please learn how to read 6th grade English and then we will talk again.

The bible itself can be understood by anyone who understands 3rd grade english. Yet Christianity is famos for complicating the whole matter.... weaving entire theologies that would make sense to a 3rd grader.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   
sk0rpion, do you understand this parable?

And he spake also a parable unto them; No man putteth a piece of a new garment upon an old; if otherwise, then both the new maketh a rent, and the piece that was taken out of the new agreeth not with the old. And no man putteth new wine into old bottles; else the new wine will burst the bottles, and be spilled, and the bottles shall perish. But new wine must be put into new bottles; and both are preserved. No man also having drunk old wine straightway desireth new: for he saith, The old is better.

He spoke this when asked why His disciples did not fast when expected.

The apostles were correct in abolishing the old law for newcomers because that is exactly what He taught. New wine breaks old bottles but those who taste the old will not immediately appreciate the new. He came to FULFILL the law and establish a new covenant.

I don't think a third grader will understand this. He spoke in parables so people who are not His disciples wouldn't understand.
edit on 4-2-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 07:10 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So does this mean that it is not to be read in the Bible and you have to get it from your prophet, Chuck Misner, in his videos?
If you have an actual verse about your holocaust, you could cite the verse for sake of argument, or whatever, to indicate you are not just blowing hot air? How about one, so I can take a look at it and see what I think?

I don't listen or follow Chuck Misner. I have only watched one lesson from him and only because Noturtypical recommend me too. I thought it was good and explained things well. Other than that, I do not know anything about Chuck Misner. I stick with independent Baptist Preachers as well as any author that uses and believes in the King James Bible.

As for your verses. Look these up, I will not post them as a wall-o-text is never fun:
Deau 28:15-68 Especially verses 22, & 63 Now these verses have already been partially fulfilled through out historical events, but they are far from over as WWII clearly showed us. But after all the killing is through, God will fulfill verses 1-14.....which you should read also. This is just a very small sample of the thousands of verses dealing with Israel's future destruction...again...for like the 8th time!

A normal offering would supply food to the priests while a whole burnt offering fed The Lord.

You got the priest part right...but screwed up the Lord's part. The Lord doesn't need the Jews to "feed" Him. Matter of fact, He doesn't need us to do anything for Him. The whole burnt offering was a type of Jesus Christ's future sacrifice for the world. All the Jews had to do was accept this offering with a "free will" hints the free will offering. Since they rejected it, they (the Jews) became the lamb and have been burning ever since. The Holocaust was just a foreshadowing of the coming burning of Jews. (matter of fact, the anti-christs army will not only burn the Jews, but will eat them during the tribulation. You probably never saw that in the scriptures did you? Its in there...keep reading. You have to read the Bible (KJV) through, cover from cover at least 10 times before you can start picking some hidden stuff up. Good luck.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611

Thanks and I am willing to look into things but it seems there are too many people who don't even know what they are talking about and get hypnotized by watching videos.
This is what I was commenting on earlier, which was something you wrote:

Just because you "have not read" doesn't mean the worst holocaust in human history will not happen.
It sounds similar to a discussion I am having on the Isaiah 63 thread, where NOTurTypical is taking the text and ignoring the actual words and interpreting it a different way, like where you say "worst" and assume that it could not have happened already, such as in the destruction of the temple in Jerusalem in 70 AD by the Romans.
edit on 4-2-2012 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 10:37 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

I made a typo... I meant to say....

The bible itself can be understood by anyone who understands 3rd grade english. Yet Christianity is famos for complicating the whole matter.... weaving entire theologies around verses that would make sense to a 3rd grader.

Im not talking about prophecies or the parables, which even adults dont understand sometimes, but rather Im talking about basic statements in the bible. Such as oneness of God, Jesus being subordinate to God etc.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Well, Jesus is the Son of God and therefore is God. He got His male genes from the Holy Spirit.

If you accept this you can interpret the bible. But if you refuse to accept that God became flesh to be the ultimate sacrifice and take punishment upon Himself so the world could live, then you will keep protesting. Just like how Abraham was willing to sacrifice his son for God, God was willing to sacrifice His Son for man. The whole Old Testament foreshadows the New Testament.

If you cannot have faith in this, pray for God to give you faith.
edit on 5-2-2012 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Well, Jesus is the Son of God and therefore is God. He got His male genes from the Holy Spirit.

I.......what?????

You forget that God, the creator of the universe, created man from scratch...
So, for God to create Jesus in the womb of Mary was not a problem at all.

Further, Adam was a created being, and is referred to as "the son of God"... does it mean Adam is God as well?

But if you refuse to accept that God became flesh to be the ultimate sacrifice and take punishment upon Himself so the world could live, then you will keep protesting.

Now, thats the part which has no biblical basis. God, his prophets or Jesus NEVER said any of this. And one needs to twist and skew the scriptures to arrive at such a conclusion. You are reading things into the bible.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:18 AM
link   

1God standeth in the congregation of the mighty; he judgeth among the gods.

2How long will ye judge unjustly, and accept the persons of the wicked? Selah.

3Defend the poor and fatherless: do justice to the afflicted and needy.

4Deliver the poor and needy: rid them out of the hand of the wicked.

5They know not, neither will they understand; they walk on in darkness: all the foundations of the earth are out of course.

6I have said, Ye are gods; and all of you are children of the most High.

7But ye shall die like men, and fall like one of the princes.

8Arise, O God, judge the earth: for thou shalt inherit all nations.

Though i still have issues with this text...

How can one be humble if he considers himself God?

We are a part of God... as HE was.

posted on Feb, 5 2012 @ 04:27 AM
link   

You're reading things out of the bible and subscribe to a conspiracy theory that it is a lie. The OT foreshadows the NT but you seem to ignore that. Jesus even called himself the bride groom because in the OT God would call Israel His bride. Jesus IS God. That's why He called Himself I AM and permitted people to treat Him as such.

posted on Apr, 29 2012 @ 08:01 PM
link   
90% of the Jews will be killed and eaten during the coming tribulation........if I were a Jew, I would get saved. Now.

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

If you cannot have faith in this, pray for God to give you faith.

LOL. Pray for faith? If you can pray to him at all you have faith. Faith is hope, plain and simple. The modern world doesn't know what the word "faith" means. The act of praying is an act of faith, of hoping he is real and believing in the possiblity he is real and thats where it starts. Hope in the assurance of the promise.
edit on 30-4-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 30 2012 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by KJV1611AV

90% of the Jews will be killed and eaten during the coming tribulation........if I were a Jew, I would get saved. Now.

I doubt that.

The modern state of Israel has probably been set up for punishment....and will receive whats coming to it for its crimes...

But the average Jew who grew up obeying/believing what was taught to him as a child.... will not be punished just for being a "jew".

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join