It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scarlett Johansson's Alleged Nude Pic Leaker Faces 121 Years

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Self Defense Murder = time served w/ psychiatric help

Time served? I'd give the guy a medal and more bullets.

I guess it would depend on the circumstances. Some situations are more "avoidable" than others, though I do think psychological counseling should be provided for the victims. If you happen to survive a home invasion, I agree you should get an award. In fact you should get a literal gold star to put on your house to show the world "Don't mess with this guy."

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FugitiveSoul

Oh boy...

If you found yourself in charge, we'd need quadruple the justice system, and then some!

Texan by chance?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Not Texan no (half yankee/half southern), but I'm not big on giving a$$holes a free pass. Our justice system doesn't promote rehabilitation. They merely lock you away for a bit and then, if you survive, or don't become a worse criminal, you're asked if you're "all better now." People need to leave prison never wanting to return, and the truly bad (those who will never change) need to be removed from the equation all together.
Charles Manson has been sitting in jail all these years soaking up tax dollars and influencing wannabe criminals when he should've been smoking in a sparking chair the next day.

I know I come across as harsh, but I also know I can't take my 4 year old son to the park and let him to play without watching him like a hawk the entire time. What kind of world is that?
When I was a child, some people tried to grab my mother and force her into a van while she was trying to walk into the grocery store. She fought them off until someone came to her aid, but it was horrifying for her and changed her feeling of security forever. Strict/swift justice is necessary to (a) reduce the problem people in the world and (b) to deter those who may have a criminal tendency, but fear the punishment more than they want to commit the crime.

How many people rape, go to jail for a bit, get out, rape again, rinse and repeat? How many commit gang related crimes, murder, beatings, go to jail, rejoin their gangs on the inside of prison, get stronger, and still influence violence on the outside? It's disgraceful.

Just my 2 cents. I'm not running for office or anything.

edit on 2-1-2012 by FugitiveSoul because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join