It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Memories.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Memories should be encouraging.

Memories are very real.

Become a memory of the future.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Memories to be aren't as real as we make them out to be. Memories are perception, repeated perpetually until they have the illusion of being memorized. As a wave rolls in and out, or a light creates a line in the darkness as it moves, but there is no line, just a single point of light.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
What if memories are portals to the past you can use to make a better present.

Namaste

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
There's no past. You can only ever exist here and now. Besides, what would you want in what has already happened? It already happened, the only thing you can do is learn from mistakes you've made and continue to walk the path you've chosen for yourself.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   
We aren't able to learn from mistakes.

And don't tell me what I can do, thank you.
edit on 2012/1/1 by etherical waterwave because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 04:45 PM
link   
i once heard that every clear memory you have, especially from long ago or childhood, stands out for a specific reason. most of my earliest memories seem very trivial though when looked back on.

wonder if there's any truth to it? or it was something that changed you in some way.. for bad or good.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I have to agree with ManjushriPrajna here.

There is no such thing as the past or the future other than the image of it created in your head. The only true moment that exist is the here and now. When you experienced the past you were in the present, when you are going to experience the future, you will be in the present

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:31 AM
link   
The here and now is the infinite. The future cannot exist without the past. There exists a timeline but the past doesn't have to be the cause of what you are at the present.

Maybe it is about not having bondages with the past and the future. Yes, you are right!

The past can be a judgement on the present you! One can rise above.

It is the following: you don't exist in the past. You need to timetravel to the here and now. Realising this state makes you FREE!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by etherical waterwave
The here and now is the infinite. The future cannot exist without the past. There exists a timeline but the past doesn't have to be the cause of what you are at the present.

Maybe it is about not having bondages with the past and the future. Yes, you are right!

The past can be a judgement on the present you! One can rise above.

It is the following: you don't exist in the past. You need to timetravel to the here and now. Realising this state makes you FREE!

Very true! Being in the now will, in fact, set you free.

"The future cannot exist without the past." And so it does not exist!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
reply to post by etherical waterwave

Memories are no more real than the dream you had last night. Wisps of nothing. Memories are no more than echos. The memory you have of an event only exists for you, no one else has the same recollection as you even if they were there at the same event.

edit on 2-1-2012 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:15 AM
link   
One needs to become grounded to understand the value of memories.

Memories. You can put effort in thinking about the past and sometimes memories just pop up.

Grounding in the here and now is working out your past. One still stays who he is.

Ones wisdom is not ones personality. One needs to use his personality in this world to ground. Maybe your approach looks like you are confused but I surely realise you aim for the right thing. Some things one cannot help and one needs to let go. So you heal.

Things I cannot explain. I comprehend, it enriches my feeling; but I cannot explain. I will come to a point where I will be valued.

I am sorry.

new topics

top topics

join