It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran says it has produced it first nuclear fuel rod...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:45 PM
link   
The only country in history to use a nuke against another country is telling Iran they cannot have nukes.

I laugh every time.

Then I puke.
edit on 1/1/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

The only country in history to use a nuke against another country is telling Iran they cannot have nukes.

The U.S. is not imposing sanctions...not by themselves...so that makes me laugh too!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:54 PM
link   
I have no idea. Personally, i think they already have a ready to test bomb. But i am responding to this thread with its intention not to derail it with my own beliefs as OTHER NON RESPONSIBLE ATS MEMBERS DO AND WHY THIS SITE HAS BECOME USELESS.

Originally posted by jerryznv

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Either way this news is like saying "well i almost have a completed car and now i can make my own spark plugs".

Really...do you have evidence that they don't have nuclear grade weapons?

Or are you just assuming that they don't because they haven't said so...we have already established Iran is not known for it's honesty...do you know something we don't?

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Congratulations Iranians.......

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I suppose an issue with allowing state sponsors of terrorism access to 20% enriched uranium is a threat to the security of western countries who take security of nuclear material very seriously as it is dangerous stuff.

If Iran can manufacture it, it could end up anywhere in the world. Its not that people are opposed to others having nuclear fuel so much as they couldnt be trusted to look after it, but the Iranians being unpredictable could mean nuclear fuel ending up in the hands of some pretty crazy people.

Imagine the technology Iran would need to create ICBMs to bomb America - thats another 20 years away when ICBMs will be obsolete anyway. Its the profileration of enriched uranium finding its way onto the subway or cities that is the threat from a know state sponsor of terrorism.

Regime change, democracy and then Russia / US supply of Fuel Grade power rods controlling input and monitoring output of power stations until they can be trusted to handle it themselves.

As long as they are not an ally then they are a threat and the western democratic governments will do something about it.

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   

I have no idea. Personally, i think they already have a ready to test bomb. But i am responding to this thread with its intention not to derail it with my own beliefs as OTHER NON RESPONSIBLE ATS MEMBERS DO AND WHY THIS SITE HAS BECOME USELESS.

Either way this news is like saying "well i almost have a completed car and now i can make my own spark plugs".

Or are you just assuming that they don't because they haven't said so...we have already established Iran is not known for it's honesty...do you know something we don't?

Right...like saying I have a car with wheels that will roll down the road and kill a bus load of children...but I haven't figured out how to make the spark plugs work...so therefore it's not dangerous!

If the spark plugs are not functional...well...no worries...come on!

That is not my purpose in reporting the headlines...Iran has done something nuclear..the world is paying attention!

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
LMAO!!!!!! (This is what makes this site so funny)

Quote: "Iran has done SOMETHING nuclear"

Right...like saying I have a car with wheels that will roll down the road and kill a bus load of children...but I haven't figured out how to make the spark plugs work...so therefore it's not dangerous!

If the spark plugs are not functional...well...no worries...come on!

That is not my purpose in reporting the headlines...Iran has done something nuclear..the world is paying attention! [/quote

posted on Jan, 1 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

LMAO!!!!!! (This is what makes this site so funny)

Quote: "Iran has done SOMETHING nuclear"

By your response...you position is noted!

edit on 1-1-2012 by jerryznv because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
When Iran fires its nuke at us because the wrong people start running the country people will look at the United States Governernment at fault...

THIS IS WHY WE INVADED AFGHANISTAN, They are trying to do the same to IRAN, I THINK they need to!

It's like giving a kid a gun, you don't trust the person with the gun but you want to take it away. BUT in this case you CANNOT

You guys don't give enough credit to how much this government knows and wants to help... Their really doing everything right, but since you guys know nothing that going on you speculate about how our government is always doing stupid #.. You don't know half the story!!!!

I often wonder why so many Americans are so stupid... It has become daily.
edit on 2-1-2012 by EmperorXyn because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 12:20 AM
link   
why would you report on something like that if it's not true, knowing that each of those claims will draw you closer to a nato/israel/american air strike or invasion.

there's a cat and mouse game going to see who'll strike first. it's like those cheesy drunk fights you see after clubs were's there's more talking than hitting.

but sometimes you get two hardcore guys who start to throw haymakers and there's very little talking.

the global economy is to fragile to start a war that would destabilize the global oil market. bottom line.

iran will get it's nuke. all this crap is for show to save face.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 01:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer
reply to post by jerryznv

I cannot see the problem with Iran having access to nuclear full. What gives the West the right to dictate to other countries what type of fuel they use.

If people want to beef about nuclear wepons then they should look no further than irans neighbour Israel.... What is good for the goose is good for the ganda...

Because if any country in the developed world with nuclear weapons fired it's ICBM's it would be killing its own people. If a middle eastern country fired ICBM's it would be martyring its own people. See the difference?

This is why the U.S, UK, France, China and Russia have done all they can over the years to stop them from developing the weapons. And if they can built a reactor they can build an ICBM.

To the west it means death and distruction, To the middle east it means all the alcahol you can drink and a long line of virgins. They just have to kill as many infidel as they can in the process. Sure Iran is just one country but what happens when the rest get hold of them?
edit on 2-1-2012 by steveknows because: Typo

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

www.npr.org

Iranian scientists have produced the nation's first nuclear fuel rod, a feat of engineering the West has doubted Tehran capable of, the country's nuclear agency said Sunday.

The announcement marks an additional step in Tehran's efforts to achieve proficiency in the entire nuclear fuel cycle — from exploring uranium ore to producing nuclear fuel — despite U.N. sanctions and measures by the U.S. and others to get it to halt aspects of its atomic work that could provide a possible pathway to weapons production.
(visit the link for the full news article)

this is very worrying.

they could turn it into a nuke and kill us all.

they could turn it into a dirty bomb and kill us with horrible cancers with the long range missile which they have.

they could even give it to terrorists and disavow and deny any responsibility....

why were they not stopped?

how will we sleep tonight.

this very scary and frightening and a worrying start to 2012.

i urge some kind of action.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by FastJetPilot
I suppose an issue with allowing state sponsors of terrorism access to 20% enriched uranium is a threat to the security of western countries who take security of nuclear material very seriously as it is dangerous stuff.

Where are you getting the 20% number?

The currents reports state that we don't know if there are even any pellets in the rod...let alone the enrichment level.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

I laugh every time.

Then I puke.
edit on 1/1/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

Do yourself a favor and educate yourself on why those bombs were used.

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Does anybody else feel like every time these threads come up the same debate starts up all over again?

posted on Feb, 15 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   

www.npr.org

Iranian scientists have produced the nation's first nuclear fuel rod, a feat of engineering the West has doubted Tehran capable of, the country's nuclear agency said Sunday.

The announcement marks an additional step in Tehran's efforts to achieve proficiency in the entire nuclear fuel cycle — from exploring uranium ore to producing nuclear fuel — despite U.N. sanctions and measures by the U.S. and others to get it to halt aspects of its atomic work that could provide a possible pathway to weapons production.
(visit the link for the full news article)

This is very dangerous.we need to ATTACK IRAN RIGHT NOW.

WE NEED TO INVADE THEM STOP THEM PERMANENTLY.

America needs to stand up and stop being bullied by horrible little countries.

we should launch a ballistic missile attack and send non stop missile bombardment to teach them a lesson.

we have THOUSANDS OF ABRAMS tanks in irak.

why are they not being sent across the border and stop these terrorists?

I just heard on cnn thay are developing a missile with a range of 6000 miles which means iran can kill us ALL WHILE WE ARE SLEEPING IN OUR BEDS.

we need to act.

START AN ONLINE PETITION TO ATTACK IRAQ RIGHT NOW AND GET THOSE COWARDS IN WASHINGTON TO ACT.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by theBigToe

Why don't you do US a favor and tell us why they were used. There are dozens of theories, but only one fact. To end the war immediately. But let's hear your side. Facts only please... I don't wanna hear typical ATS crap about how the aliens would have destroyed Earth if we hadn't used them.

reply to post by nobodysavedme

Do you have your own mind or do you just believe what other people tell you?
edit on 2/20/2012 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join