It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

School Put A 9 Year Old Autistic Kid In A Duffel Bag For Acting Out

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
How disgustingly horrible.

What is wrong with 'gown ups' that they cannot find the child in themselves?

Anyone that works with children should be required by law to still have a strong connection to their own child within. Only when we remember the child within us, can we interact with a child on his level, with compassion, love and care that is required.

Our approach to children with difficutly is just totally wrong. It is like some adults just don't get it. What I mean is this:

I recently helped out at a nursery school. One little boy was particularly difficult. At one point he totally refused to come and put the 'arms' on his snowman and started screaming and then climbed underneath the little table where he is supposed to sit, crying. The 2 other teachers was just standing there screaming at him to get out under neath the table and come and put on his snowman's arms. I looked at them, thinking: 'do you really think that is going to work???'

I then got down onto my hands and knees and climbed under the table as best I could. (A very small little table, these kids are only 3 and 4) I started talking to him by saying how nice it is under the table and that it feels like a little house. He stopped crying immediately. We had a lovely little chat under that table/house (home/house reminds the child of safety) and I then, after a little while, (pretended) remembered that there was a little soft toy elephant that is still lying in the corner, all alone. (Taking his mind totally off the snowman and even being under the table. Also putting something available to him to associate with that is soft and cuddely.) We climbed out and went to pick up the elephant; he is now giving love to the elephant, (almost like consoling himself.)

His snowman did not get arms. I suspect there is something there that scared him. So what if his snowman does not have arms???? That is totally fine!!

I wonder how that person would feel if we put her in a duffle bag???? Even the internet cannot teach adults how to have that special understanding of working with children. You either have it or you don't.

I wish there was some test that could be given to adults who think they will do well as teachers. Some test that looks into the heart of the adult to see if they have it or not.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
I am a Teacher and if anyone ever did this where I was working - I would be in the Principals office before the parent had a chance - I cannot for the life of me work out why people enter the Teaching profession if they do not have patience and dare I say - common sense.

This article is about Child Abuse at best and professional incompetence at the least. I hope the Teacher and the Aide are both fired. Why do I have to keep reading these type of articles?

A poster mentioned the 'squish' between two bean bags - that does not even compare to being put completely inside a bag and closed in - bean bags offer a chance to still be included in the class - while working with the needs of the Child.

I could waffle on but I imagine we all see the same stupid and unnecessary abuse within this article. I hope the mother and grandmother keep pushing and make this incident a very public example. I am completely in awe of the Soulless, heartless and inhuman people that are allowed to work with Children.

Tired of society accepting people who abuse Children and allowing them to continue to work with Children and allowing them to walk through the court systems unpunished. What is wrong with society? Why is is almost 2012 and we are devolving instead of becoming better more intelligent people - should I add kinder?

Much Peace...

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
reply to post by MysticPearl

If the Police are not killing them, the teachers are hurting them or abusing them. It's time to put a stop to it. These teachers AND the school principal should resign affective immediately and charged for abuse.

I hope the parents sue the pants off this school
edit on 23-12-2011 by bluemirage5 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 1   >>

join