It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Ready for War

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
It's hard to miss something here.... The people most vehemently against the idea of American law enforcement having weapons that match any local gun show the public can go shopping for their own arms at are those NOT FROM the United States. Now I recall awhile back, where England has some civil unrest in their streets and we all jumped in with our opinions of how they should run their nation and reponse to that unrest. Anyone remember that?

What I recall most..is how more than one British citizen came on here and basically suggested everyone outside of England watch, but take care in offering unsolicited opinions on an internal situation we couldn't possibly relate to or understand all the dynamics of. They had a good point..and I was among many who had a moment of pause in posting after that thought was added into the mix.

I might note the same would apply here for American internal issues on our law enforcement.

It's impossible for someone living in Europe, the UK or Asia to understand the problems here when they've never walked through an exhibit hall with 400 tables full of full military grade AR-, AK-, and H&K weapons platforms available to any citizen to buy and walk out with, that same day. A phone background check..thats it..and you can have YOUR very own M-82 Barret .50 Sniper Rifle or M-4 FULL AUTOMATIC machine gun (Okay, the M-4 requires an additional $200 tax stamp and ATF permit..but whoopee).

I'll agree the mini-tanks are a bit much...but boys with their toys never change..only the toys and price tags. The times I have actually seen these armored vehicles used in the real world it's killing a fly with a sledgehammer and clearly LOOKING for any situation where they get to play with their toy.

No Departments are making grand plans over their city maps for how to grid search and confiscate weapons from the homes. It just isn't happening guys.. They may tax ammo right into the stratosphere...but there are 10's of *MILLIONS* of guns in private American hands. Confiscation will simply never happen because it's not physically possible with a force TWICE the size of what law enforcement in America has now.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
Lest you forget, every piece of equipment that the military and or police force has has been or will be used against the populace. History dictates this since day one. It is only the blind that will not see and the deaf that will not hear. Is there any need for militarization of the police force, no, none at all. A police officer is to be recognized as a law enforcement officer at all times. Wearing military gear, black uniforms, bandanas to hide their faces spells terrorist/bad guy and should be treated as such with extreme predigest. Anyone can stencil "POLICE" on the back of their shirt and get a fake badge. This is what we were taught years ago.

If you want to be treated as a law enforcement officer with respect, put on your blue uniform, shine your brass, spit polish your shoes, have integrity and uphold the law and be an outstanding example to your community. Otherwise your a terrorist and deserve a terrorists reward. There was a day when the men in blue were hero's and young boys dreamed of being policemen. Sadly those days are gone.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   
Well, right here in podunk USA just this summer a nut killed his wife a couple hours north of here and went on the run armed with automatic rifles. The long arm of the law caught up with him in our very rural area on the highway that runs through here. He started shooting up anything and everything, shot up four patrol cars, shot a truckdriver through the door, shot a lady in a minivan. I can't even tell you how many cars had bullet holes in them. It is a miracle he didn't kill anyone with all the fire power he layed down. He finally shot himself with a pistol after he ran out of ammo for the rifles. Things are crazy these days, you just never know what might happen and where.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by unknown known
reply to post by mileslong54

Yeah, you may live in a small town or something, but the cops are no friends of mine from h.s. They are constantly bringing in new men to control the city, men with no ties whatsoever to the city they are policing. This isn't the Andy Griffith show. These are BIG BUSINESS policing enterprises, who are fiercely expanding as the country goes into more and more debt.

Yeah a small town named Los Angeles and when the s*** gets crazy (as seen in the past) and people are looting and rioting, burning cars, smashing stores up - yea I would want the police to have the weapons to stop it.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000
It's impossible for someone living in Europe, the UK or Asia to understand the problems here when they've never walked through an exhibit hall with 400 tables full of full military grade AR-, AK-, and H&K weapons platforms available to any citizen to buy and walk out with, that same day. A phone background check..thats it..and you can have YOUR very own M-82 Barret .50 Sniper Rifle or M-4 FULL AUTOMATIC machine gun (Okay, the M-4 requires an additional $200 tax stamp and ATF permit..but whoopee).

Buying an automatic assault weapon in the US requires an ATF permit.
This is not some little permit you pay a fee and get approved.
You must ahve a seriously spotless record, no history of any type of violence and a damn good resaon for amassing such hardware.
The ATF basically knows when you take a crap and when you don't.
Do not downplay the difficulty in obtaining such a permit. when obviously you havent even bothered to google the rtequirements.

Summary: It is NOT easy to get an ATF permit to own auotmatic assault weapons.,,anyone that thinks it's easy is a fool.

I'll agree the mini-tanks are a bit much...but boys with their toys never change..only the toys and price tags. The times I have actually seen these armored vehicles used in the real world it's killing a fly with a sledgehammer and clearly LOOKING for any situation where they get to play with their toy.

No Departments are making grand plans over their city maps for how to grid search and confiscate weapons from the homes. It just isn't happening guys.. They may tax ammo right into the stratosphere...but there are 10's of *MILLIONS* of guns in private American hands. Confiscation will simply never happen because it's not physically possible with a force TWICE the size of what law enforcement in America has now.

Legally owned guns have never caused an issue. It's the criminals, and felons that use guns in crimes. Those people do not abide by gun laws.
laws will nto help.
That said, no police force has any need to arm themselves like a military unit.
That's just rediculous.
They use this as an excuse to incresase their budgets, spend more of your money to prepare for a battle they will nenver fight.
when they get enough excessive arms, they will find a way to justify using them on us.

Think they won't?
They did it with Tasers.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
This is complete crap. They're arming the police with military grade weaponry for when the American dollar collapses, this out of control government can order the police to intimidate or use deadly force on it's own citizens so the government can remain in power. I've had it with America, this government is so out of control they have become a danger to every creature on the Earth. A long and violent abuse of power is usually the means of calling the right of it into question, this government has no right to its power any more. And with all the atrocities and crimes this government commits around the world it would have been better if they had never existed.
edit on 22-12-2011 by RadioactiveRob because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

You cannot legally buy any automatic weapon in the usa manufactured or altered after may 19, 1986! You can only buy someone else's used gun that was registered before that day. You need a damm good record and lots and lots of money: they start from around 3,000 and go up to 50,000 depending on various factors. When the supply is choked you pay premium prices, which I think is outrageous for any used gun.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   

edit on 12/22/2011 by EarthCitizen07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by BadNinja68
Buying an automatic assault weapon in the US requires an ATF permit.
This is not some little permit you pay a fee and get approved.
You must ahve a seriously spotless record, no history of any type of violence and a damn good resaon for amassing such hardware.
The ATF basically knows when you take a crap and when you don't.
Do not downplay the difficulty in obtaining such a permit. when obviously you havent even bothered to google the rtequirements.

Summary: It is NOT easy to get an ATF permit to own auotmatic assault weapons.,,anyone that thinks it's easy is a fool.

Actually, I'm not a fool and I assure you I know a great deal about this specific subject and what I am talking about. That is about the extent I'm getting into on a public forum on that topic. However, here is something to give a bit better perspective about how to do it, do it fairly easily and buy whatever weapons one may desire if the money exists to pay the lawyers up front to get this set up:

A fairly solid explanation and description of a Gun Trust

Now not every state has the provision for Class III weapons for personal ownership, but a great deal of them do. My state has finally made Silencers legal as well, which was a long time coming but welcomed now that it's happened. Class III weapons of the full automatic variety have been legal here as long as I've lived here and every gun show has them on the tables.

The catch of course is the price tag runs from the low thousands for the M-4 variety at a gun show to $50,000 or more for something like an M-60 light machine gun. gunbroker.com is a site which does list Class III weapons for sale to the public and is a great source for getting a 'feel' for just what prices really are and what is actually available to an American citizen free of a criminal history and with the money to make it happen.

Some have financial options to do it, and some don't...but just about anyone can (depending on the state) if they are law abiding citizens and want to deal with the BATFE garbage about storage, accountability in every imaginable way and being subject to inspection at the whim of the local ATF agent. We even have a local range here moving toward adding full automatic rifles to their rental selection. That should give people a thrill who don't already own one.

A belt fed machine gun listed for $7,000 at the moment, for example

edit on 23-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 02:04 AM
link   
I think the US will invade mexico in a made up crisis with Police personel mixed with national guard and other mixed units.......they are gathering troops in one way or another on the border and in that general area without raising doubts as to why (police are not army so they cant invade.....they´d just operate beyond jurisdiction).....border patrol increased, national guard sent already south west etc...now this..
They will probably end up moving down south soon enough....

check this out........www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 23-12-2011 by newyorkee because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
reply to post by newyorkee

Ummm... I wonder if you're not really onto something there.

Something just hit me in thinking about that. Obama has no problem using the military when it suits him. If he thought more fighting would be beneficial to him, I'd see him doing it...and all Calderon would have to do is ask. People might even be distracted enough to forget Fast and Furious as a part of the past when troops are down there.

Gee.... You know that would cause a lot of refugees coming north. The cartels would fight after all..and when you think about it. It would require some pretty big ..ahem..camps..to accommodate the inflow of refugees. I wonder if Mexico might have a lot more to worry about with things we're watching happen than anyone around our own nation should be.

edit on 23-12-2011 by Wrabbit2000 because: typo

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
glad i dont live in America änymore.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join