It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

RP tells IBT, NDAA is Martial Law

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ron Paul tells it like it is, for you that still have your head in the sand ,and think this will not effect you, think again. we all say and do things that break some laws now and then, but what if... doing so... means the loss of your freedom and you do not know it till it is too late
NDAA 2012: Ron Paul Warns Bill Would Legalize Martial Law
www.ibtimes.com... from the link

"This is a giant step -- this should be the biggest news going on right now -- literally legalizing martial law," Paul said.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Sad that it isn't in the news. The loss of connection in this country between its government and its people these past few decades is mind boggling. The people have literally no say anymore while the government use their money to fund whatever wars they wish.

At least we have the one decent man with the guts to stand up and say no more. Taking the shots as they dish them out always coming out the victor.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
He has a great point.

Although we dont see martial law in action now, all it will take is a riot similar to the Egyptian and Syrian ones to spark it off. When that does happen, (really inevitable at this point) they will throw martial law into order and that will be the end of "democracy/plutocracy."

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

He is the one I am voting for, He does not hold punches nor tip toes. 60 min should have done a spin on this, meet the press should have have a debate: is it good, is it bad? what does it mean for the USA ? The House and Senate can agree on the laws to control the masses, but when it comes to the betterment of man, for the needy or the poor, well then they can suffer, for the two will bicker till they are blue. Sad days indeed

edit on 20-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AaronWilson

like i said the OWS will be the parting shot, come spring when this is law, you will see. The writing on the wall is bleak and dark, not that any one will notice.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
An other one to die a sudden death of "lets not reply nor post" , for it is too close to the truth? or Ron Paul will up set the apple cart.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

I'll S&F this shizzle ma nizzle [joking] This really should be front page news but we are too distracted with celebrity gossip. Ever see the comparison photos of European vs US Time Magazine covers? It's almost always truth vs BS celebrity gossip or some other nonsense.
Sometimes I wonder if people even care anymore. I've talked to several co-workers about this bill, some said "so what" while others simply went "hmm," and carried on with their day.

Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket? I want out...
edit on 12/21/2011 by AnonymousMoose because: can't spell

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousMoose

same replies I get,"oh hum" and "so what" say what??? People are just tired of the GOV and the "tripe and dribble" they do, that is, pass laws and do nothing for the common good, only if it benefits them or the 1% the rest of us just suffer.
It as if we do not count , oh wait we don't, our votes do not count our voice does not count.
Only the money make and spend for them counts, what would happen if all the 99% stayed home for one day? would they wake up then? No... the ones that stayed home would be out of a job... that's all, and they would not get unemployment.

edit on 21-12-2011 by bekod because: editting

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I've already touched on this a few times but I think this bill desecrates every honourable, american, military death in the history of the U.S. Would anyone fight for a country if they knew this bill would be the end result ?

All of americas honoured dead have with the passing of this bill died in vein.

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

the sad thing is a veteran did write it John McCain or cosponsored it, that to me is a slap in the face of all that served, worst of all he was a POW, wonder if they made him a sleeper?

posted on Dec, 21 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

worst of all he was a POW

Says who ?

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 01:32 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

you do not know he, John McCain was a POW prisoner of war? www.usnews.com... from the link

John McCain spent 5½ years in captivity as a POW in North Vietnam. His first-person account of that harrowing ordeal was published in U.S. News in May 1973. Shot down in his Skyhawk dive bomber on Oct. 26, 1967, Navy flier McCain was taken prisoner with fractures in his right leg and both arms. He received minimal care and was kept in wretched conditions that he describes vividly in the U.S. News special report:
now you know.

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by bekod

Well I know this may be a little odd for you, but I don't believe it. You did say it was in the news and all, right ?
The MSM ? I don't believe it. Because I don't believe they wouldn't lie just to add another piece to the facade.
McCain is a traitor. That's what I know.
edit on 22-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

www.navytimes.com... from the link

McCain was awarded a Silver Star for resisting “extreme mental and physical cruelties” inflicted upon him by his captors from late October to early December 1967, the early months of his captivity, according to the citation. The North Vietnamese, according to the Navy, ignored international agreements and tortured McCain “in an attempt to obtain military information and false confessions for propaganda purposes.”

McCain, now the Republican Party’s likely presidential nominee, was taken prisoner in October 1967 after he was shot down while on a mission over Hanoi. He wasn’t freed until March 1973, after the U.S. signed peace agreements with the North Vietnamese. His captors tortured him and held him in solitary confinement. Still, he declined an offer of early release until those who had been at the prison longer than him were let go.
so you see he was a POW as far as traitor? here is one link www.vvof.org... here is an other, and it makes the argument yes he is mccainbetrayspows.com... some of the Questions asked from the link

Why did Sen. McCain manipulate legislative procedure that resulted in his POW records being classified SECRET forever?

Why did Senator McCain torpedo legislation that would have allowed government officials to be prosecuted for impeding investigations into POW/MIA affairs.

Why do most POW/MIA activists consider Sen. McCain a key obstacle to government investigations of POW/MIAs?
could it be that he does have something to hide?

edit on 22-12-2011 by bekod because: added link

edit on 22-12-2011 by bekod because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-12-2011 by bekod because: added info. and word edit. added link

posted on Dec, 22 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by bekod

could it be that he does have something to hide?

Now I just called McCain a traitor and with no research what so ever. I assumed his POW crap was a lie as I.always have.
Then you show me the reasons I should suspect what I have very easily already assumed. Evidently correctly
it would seem. See I didn't go looking for any proof of my, what you would call assumptions. Because for me they're not assumptions. I didn't know what you would find to support what I believe I know. I didn't know you would even look. But I knew damn well
something would be there. So I apologize if I percieve the above question as a little naive. McCain is no war hero.
He comes from money. People with money who may run for office one day. Do not become POWs at all. Ever.
Unless you are speaking of someone of superior qualities of humanity and leadership. I have seen two in my lifetime and heard of a third. All three had the same last name and were brothers. He has prolly never had to take no for an answer his whole life. But do you see something extremely alarming with what I just typed ?
What does this say to you ?

The very first thing McCain is ? A liar connected to organised crime.
edit on 22-12-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

knowing and proving is part of life, yes yes and oh Heck yes, you and I see the same, I my self just like facts, does not hurt to have in your pocket as an Ace. Yes McCain is well you said it why repeat it.

top topics

join