It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Affirmitive Action Scam?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

You idiot! ....lol

I was being sarcastic!

And my response was to the idiot saying that AA is racism.

Jeezzzz. You guys crack me up some times.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
It depends upon if you think that discrimination is wrong in all it's form, if you do then that includes so called positive discrimination: affirmitive action.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLASIFISK
reply to post by superman2012

Ohhhhhh ok i get it!

Your saying if AA is eliminated, racism will be too!

How much you willing to bet on that!!!! Lol

Im sure there are plenty of racist on here that will gladly point out to you that there racism comes not becaus of AA, rather because they genuinly have a hate for blacks.

But, i will except that bet. Shyt there are people rightmnow as we speak in america teaching their children how to hate blacks.

Lol

I didn't give you permission to take what I said out of context but, if that is what you need to do, to get your "point" across, go for it.

AA is antiquated. It doesn't work and never will. All it does is ADD to the racism out there. I for one would hate to be treated like a child that the only way I can get a job is for the gov't to tell people to hire me. I would rather get a job based on my merits, past work history, education, etc. See my previous posts if you are still confused.

Edit: Nm, I see you are stuck at Confusion Blvd.
edit on 18-12-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

reply to post by Maslo

You idiot! ....lol

I was being sarcastic!

And my response was to the idiot saying that AA is racism.

Jeezzzz. You guys crack me up some times.

Stay classy sport. Let me guess. You or someone close to you got a job because of AA and found out that it did not in fact make a level playing field. Is that why you are so for AA?

PS: I never said AA is racism, that was you sport.
Before you get in a battle of the wits, make sure you show up armed. Here is what I said in case you need to see it again:

Not just business but government as well. MLK's dream hasn't happened and won't until AA is done away with. You can't have one or more race given preferential treatment and then scream about equality. AA is an issue, and yes, it is also to white people, but, all it is succeeding in doing is causing another chasm between races. Why should an individual of a particular race, who doesn't do as well as another individual from another race, be given a job that they are less qualified for? Until someone explains that to me so that it makes sense, I will always still believe in TRUE equality.

Notice I talk about AA "causing another chasm between races", not that it is THE chasm. Also talking about equality, but, that didn't fit in with what you wanted to spout did it?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Sorry sport i thought you wrote " MLK's dream cannot happen and wont happen until AA is done away with."

So as i look at MLK dream, i believe it was for the irratication of unfair treatment of all people in particular blacks. This unfair treatment being racially driven, and called racism.

You said his dream ( end of racism. Equallity of all people despite race) wont happen until AA is gone.

How will racism between white and black cease by stopping AA?

Also, i dont support it nor am i against AA. It has had nothing to do with any jobs i had in the past. I really dont care about it. The racism i encounter is not at work. Its when out and about.

However say ending AA will end racism. If thats the case then im all for it ending!

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Sorry sport i thought you wrote " MLK's dream cannot happen and wont happen until AA is done away with."

So as i look at MLK dream, i believe it was for the irratication of unfair treatment of all people in particular blacks. This unfair treatment being racially driven, and called racism.

You said his dream ( end of racism. Equallity of all people despite race) wont happen until AA is gone.

How will racism between white and black cease by stopping AA?

Also, i dont support it nor am i against AA. It has had nothing to do with any jobs i had in the past. I really dont care about it. The racism i encounter is not at work. Its when out and about.

However say ending AA will end racism. If thats the case then im all for it ending!

Listen pal, I don't know why it is so hard to actually read a thread and throw up an ACCURATE quote from a post, but I have no problem doing it for you.

"I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character. -- "I Have a Dream" speech, August 28, 1963

"not judged by the color of their skin but by the content of their character". That pretty much says AA is garbage from a "black" point of view. A modern day hero stated this. I haven't nor has MLK said AA will END RACISM. Stop repeating something that YOU put up in YOUR post and passing it off as someone elses idea.

So to re-iterate, his dream will not come true until AA is done with AND people stop judging everyone by their outside appearance. If you are still confused, please let me know what it is this time and I will try to help you along again.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

MLK- " not be judged by the color of thier skin"
You-" MLK's dream hasn't happened and won't until AA is done away with"

Question- How will doing away with AA eliminate people from being judged by the color of thier skin?

edit on 18-12-2011 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   

MLK- " not be judged by the color of thier skin"
You-" MLK's dream hasn't happened and won't until AA is done away with"

Question- How will doing away with AA eliminated people being judged by the color of thier skin?

Let me respond with another question:

You don't think that people being rewarded for being the best of their "color" has anything to do with being judged by the color of their skin? Seems to me like one is the glove and the other is the hand. Is common sense not that common anymore?

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

How are they being "judged"? Seems to me the requirement is either your black or not. No judging going on there.

Yes no?
edit on 18-12-2011 by PLASIFISK because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   

How are they being "judged"? Seems to me the requirement is either your black or not. No judging goingmon there.

Yes no?

Read all the posts please.

They are being given preferential treatment, being given rights and privileges not given to other races. All of this is being given to them by the actions of the past ie:"judged".

judged
past participle, past tense of judge (Verb)
Verb:

1. Form an opinion or conclusion about.

They were treated very crappy in the not so distant past and amends are trying to be made. They just went about it the wrong way. Until AA is abolished and EVERYONE is on a level playing field, racism doesn't have a chance of going away.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

To my knowledge AA came about because of racism. Racism didnt come about because of AA.

I agree with some of what your saying. I just dont agree that getting rid of AA will aid in stopping racism. Being that racism was in existance before AA. This we know is true how?! Because AA came about because of racism.

I wont budge on what i believe about ypur statement and neither will you. Lets agree to disagree shall we.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

To my knowledge AA came about because of racism. Racism didnt come about because of AA.

I agree with some of what your saying. I just dont agree that getting rid of AA will aid in stopping racism. Being that racism was in existance before AA. This we know is true how?! Because AA came about because of racism.

I wont budge on what i believe about ypur statement and neither will you. Lets agree to disagree shall we.

Sure sounds good! I think we both believe that something has to happen though. Thanks for the debate and take care.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Yeah i agree with you in that something needs to happen. If only the masses could wipe the slate clean and start over. Everyone judged by their character, work ethics, and experiance and leave race out of it. I sometimes feel thats a pipe dream.

It was a pleasure talking with you also.

You have valid points.

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PLASIFISK

Hahaha. I looked up to see when they predict humanity will all be the same color. I didn't even bother looking when I saw this:

Will all humans one day be the same color?

Yes. A sort of dusty-brown color.

When? About 1-2 years after their death & burial. (Though Shakespeare says it will take a bit longer for a tanner.)

For those whose religion leans toward cremation, it will be more grayish dust, and will occur rather sooner.
edit on 18-12-2011 by superman2012 because: spelling

posted on Dec, 18 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Hahahahaha!

That is hilarious!

Dusty brown indeed!

I cant see people being just one color though. It will never happen. Might get close though. Hahaha might evolve into more elaborite colors. Purple, blue, and colors of the such! Hahaha

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by s12345
It depends upon if you think that discrimination is wrong in all it's form, if you do then that includes so called positive discrimination: affirmitive action.

positive disrimination = negative discrimination of all people that are not positively discriminated

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Is it racist/bigoted to assume someone has an easier or more difficult life due to their race?
There are other factors.

You say that getting rid of affirmitive action or racial quotas would not get rid of racism, but neither does keeping them. Positive discrimination is just negative discrimination aimed at more people.
If you cannot aim help at those that need it intelligently, then having it has no purpose. Feeling useful and helpful is not enough.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join