It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Using Our Own Voices to Help

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Today a thought came to me, and I thought I'd get some feedback from the forums here.

I believe today the politicians speak for people, but wouldn't it be much better if we took to the streets to promote the issues that matter to us? Or, take to the streets to promote the person we believe is worth it.

We put a lot of pressure on people like Ron Paul to get the word out of issues for us. We know that's expensive. If we have time, why not organize a day to help him with our free time? Get organized online someplace and make signs with message that overlap with what he believes, and signs with his name, and take to the streets to help his campaign.

It's a more direct approach. If there were a national day or weekend when Paul supporters would go out during rush hour traffic and promote the message and his name, wouldn't that be helpful to his cause and free for us, other than our time?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Very interesting question. If you really want to try something like that, may I suggest you run it by his campaign staff first? They may have a slightly different idea from yours, or they may say "Great, we'll help you set it up." You have to admit that mobs of people, in the streets, with signs, could conceivably create an impression he doesn't want just now.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
Very interesting question. If you really want to try something like that, may I suggest you run it by his campaign staff first? They may have a slightly different idea from yours, or they may say "Great, we'll help you set it up." You have to admit that mobs of people, in the streets, with signs, could conceivably create an impression he doesn't want just now.

Good point. Perhaps his supporters would be compared to protestors, which would be a mixed bag of things.

Thanks for the input.

new topics

join