It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jane Fonda's "Apology"

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 11:31 PM
link   
Lord has mercy on you soul Grady and I am not even a religious believer. But I worry about you.

Grady for your state of mind health will you move on and live what life you have happy and fruitful, it is not healthy to keep so much anger inside for so long, you will end old sour and lonely.

Vietnam was a tragedy in this country history just like Iraq is going to be 30 years from now. This nation should learn from their mistakes not perpetuate them. Vietnam survivors should be compensated for what this country did to them, to late for the ones that die during that war my uncle one of them.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Marg, this is why I have stated all along that the swifties and other vietnam veterans who are against Kerry are doing it for personal, not political reasons. They feel that they were betrayed by "Hanoi John." I still maintain that if Kerry were Republican, that these attacks on Kerry would still occur. Of course, Micheal Moore and his ilk would be funding them, but they would occur. My cousin, a former POW in nam, has a dart board with Jane Fonda's face printed on it. He uses it to get out stress. Most vets can not forgive Jane, they feel very betrayed and her apology seems to not be a true one. I'm sorry I got caught, not for what I did.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:00 AM
link   
Yeah communism (of the "global" sort) had absolutely nothing to do with vietnam (south), it was americans invading to protect their puppet govt (Deim et al) from its own people (they just didn't know they wanted Coke and MCDonalds so the US had to tell em via the medium of war).

So whats this Fonda doing re-inforceing the false premise of the Vietnam war? She was just doing what she was told, and she thinks she was "opposing" the war!

Communists in Vietnam is just like WMD in Iraq!

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:04 AM
link   
And this is news worthy "now"!? Why? Did I miss something over night?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Jane Fonda is a traitor, she doesn't deserve to live in this country.

Jane Fonda - America's Traitor

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6 -years in the
"Hilton"- the first three of which he was "missing in action". His wife lived on faith that he
was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned, fed, clothed routine in preparation for a "peace
delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they still survived.
Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN on it, in the palm of his hand. When
paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand
and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are
you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to
be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and once the camera
stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and
handed him the little pile of papers. Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col.
Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know about
her actions that day.

That was real nice of her to betray these soldiers wasn't it. She is definately not worthy of being an american citizen and sometimes an apology is not enough. She doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as an American soldier.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by deeprivergal
Jane Fonda is a traitor, she doesn't deserve to live in this country.

Jane Fonda - America's Traitor

From 1963-65, Col. Larry Carrigan was in the 47FW/DO (F-4Es). He spent 6 -years in the
"Hilton"- the first three of which he was "missing in action". His wife lived on faith that he
was still alive. His group, too, got the cleaned, fed, clothed routine in preparation for a "peace
delegation" visit.

They, however, had time and devised a plan to get word to the world that they still survived.
Each man secreted a tiny piece of paper, with his SSN on it, in the palm of his hand. When
paraded before Ms. Fonda and a cameraman, she walked the line, shaking each man's hand
and asking little encouraging snippets like: "Aren't you sorry you bombed babies?" and "Are
you grateful for the humane treatment from your benevolent captors?" Believing this HAD to
be an act, they each palmed her their sliver of paper.

She took them all without missing a beat. At the end of the line and once the camera
stopped rolling, to the shocked disbelief of the POWs, she turned to the officer in charge and
handed him the little pile of papers. Three men died from the subsequent beatings. Col.
Carrigan was almost number four but he survived, which is the only reason we know about
her actions that day.

That was real nice of her to betray these soldiers wasn't it. She is definately not worthy of being an american citizen and sometimes an apology is not enough. She doesn't deserve to breathe the same air as an American soldier.

www.ishipress.com...

The very soldiers NAMED in those spam attacks call it a lie.

I mean can't you tell when a story is "too good to be true." Here's a hint. It comes in an e-mail forward.

[edit on 8-9-2004 by RANT]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me if I missed something......this is like ancient history here...what's the deal!?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me if I missed something......this is like ancient history here...what's the deal!?

Agreed. But like an elephant, the right never forgets. And what they can't remember they invent. Like the pictures of Jane with Kerry they photoshopped to turn people against Kerry, and the resurgence of that BS chain mail debunked above.

It's back "in the news" because it serves a purpose. Get Kerry, even if you have to lie.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
Jane Fonda was an actress. I don't know why people bothered themselves with her opinion in the first place. Since then, all kinds of Hollywood types have said all kinds of outrageous things, but no one is getting bent out of shape about it, because they are just actors, and arguing with them is like clapping with one hand, and not worth the mental energy.

Example: Barbara Striesand

List your own examples below...

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
So this is just another political bash tactic...WTH is wrong with people!? I wouldn't vote for Bush just on the reason of all the political name calling going on! How very sad! Why can't people realize that to get people over to their side takes intelligence, talking about important issues.....not name calling and bashing. All it does is turn people the other way

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Rant, I have seen one photo that was photoshopped, but I have also seen one where Kerry is seated near Fonda. that one has proved to be accurate. the one with Kerry and Fonda on a platform is false. As far as I can tell there is no evidence that Kerry met with Fonda. That aside, that fact that both were active in the anti-war, anti-establishment movements. The reason why this is in a thread, is probably politically motivated. The fact remains that Kerry turned his back on his fellow soldiers, and they have long memories.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Well Jane Fonda was beautiful young and full of energy (I still have her exercise videos)

And Kerry as a young man at the time will remember barbarella and will had sat as close as her as any other healthy young man would have done.

Get over it she was just a girl and fought for what at the moment was right.

People was tired of the war and tired of the death and economy toll, people wanted to end.

Now if somebody here does not agree with that, then I guess we could still be in Vietnam after 30 years, is that what American and Vietnam vets wanted to be? I think not.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well Jane Fonda was beautiful young and full of energy...

Yeah, gotta give her that, she was young and beautiful. Hell, she was old and beautiful for a while...

But in my experience, youth, beauty, and energy are traits best suited for other endeavors.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:50 AM
link   
Kind of a day late and a dollar short for ole Hanoi Jane, isn't it???

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 01:17 PM
link   

I'm sorry I have to sleep and do other things and could not get to your question.

I started this thread because I had noticed that Fonda's name had come up in other threads and I could not find a thread that addressed this issue directly.

It is relavent in my opinion, because the opposition to the war in Iraq is receiving the same kind of attention that opposition to the war in Vietnam received and the same kind of Anti-American, blame America first, mentality is behind it.

It is relavant because John Kerry was a big part of the same movement which was based upon lies and cost the lives of many Americans, while the administrations conducted the war in such a way as to keep the rabble at home quiet.

It is relavent because many here are too young to remember all that went on in America and why Vietnam veterans will never forget.

It is relavent because history is repeating itself.

P.S. Topics like this also draw out the left, so that the depth of their "compassion" can be exposed.

[edit on 04/9/8 by GradyPhilpott]

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I wonder why out of the sudden Vietnam is now blamed on Kerry, I wonder how this happen, and it must fall on political agendas by the opposition.

The same way Iraq went from a "war of liberation" to killing Iraqis because they don't want to be liberated now they are �terrorist� how convenient, I don't get it, you have to leave it to the leaders of this nation to twist everything around when it serve them a purpose, and I am talking not about one politician both every politician in this country.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

amen to that.

-koji K.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott

I'm sorry I have to sleep and do other things and could not get to your question.

I started this thread because I had noticed that Fonda's name had come up in other threads and I could not find a thread that addressed this issue directly.

It is relavent in my opinion, because o the opposition to the war in Iraq is receiving the same kind of attention that opposition to the war in Vietnam received and the same kind of Anti-American, blame America first, mentality is behind it.

It is relavant because John Kerry was a big part of the same movement which was based upon lies and cost the lives of many Americans, while the administrations conducted the war in such a way as to keep the rabble at home quiet.

It is relavent because many here are too young to remember all that went on in America and why Vietnam veterans will never forget.

P.S. Topics like this also draw out the left, so that the depth of their "compassion" can be exposed.

I sometimes think you just like to bash......

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 02:44 PM
link   
in my hometown, at the vets, that is where the war veterans go to have dinner, drink beer, and just generally have a good time, there in the urinal, is a sticker of jane fonda's face, upon which each U.S. veteran aims whilst relieving himself.....they think highly of her there, haha

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   

It's Kerry's fault. He did it. Yep, I seen him do it, uhhuh.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join