It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I swear that I will support and defend the Constitution against all enemies, foreign and domestic

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by macman
reply to post by detachedindividual

We were around and shouting loudly as well.

ATS really came to light just over the last year or so.

And the shouting achieved what, exactly?
There has been no change in the process, Obama has been proven to be supporting almost everything he criticized about the Bush regime and is actually extending it.
There's hasn't been so much as a peep from those who took an oath. Instead, it's the students, unemployed, retired people and unions protesting in the streets and demanding political change. Where are all those millions of people who took the actual oath?

I don't mean to offend or insult, but it seems that most of those who took the oath are happy to sit at their computers and complain about it, while the kids are actually the ones out there protesting.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Afterthought
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

It's quite clear that many of our politicians have forgotten who they work for, which is the American people.

I am not anamerican civilian and you do not need to be an american to have these thoughts.

Not so very long ago there was the discussion why certain politicians in The Netherlands need a significant pay raise. One of the deal sealing arguments was that these qualified people would use their skills in the corperate world.

One can explain this it is good to work for the government not because it is interesting and you would like to contribute to the wellfare of alll citizens but because the pay is good.

I agree,....many people have forgotten, or have no clue who they are working for or why....its a save, good paying job and you can declare bills you made for hotels and other....stuff. In Brussels (EEG, Belgium) there is a history of such abuse which can be called scandalous.

edit on 16/12/2011 by zatara because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

What are you talking about?
Shouting is not literal.

Most of the Oath keepers, Veterans and others like us don't agree with the foot stomping OWS protests.
We, unlike most OWS'ers, have jobs and can't just drop everything to go march on businesses.

Outside Violent Revolution, what do you suggest?
Thought the American Way of protesting was to vote the people out. You know, non-violent transfer of power.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

if they have the ability/power to detain the average joe citizen of america, this does mean that even government officials can be detained. what if obama is passing this because he is ready to clean house and get rid of all the bad politicians and do it in such a manner that he needs to sign this bill and have it on his side. is there anyone out there in the government that could, in some crazy way of the world, have the same view as a person that is a member of this site? a view that they believe that the government lies, cheats, steals, and doest things unconstitutional. i think its possible. its much more likely that the "real" leaders of the world, who tell obama what to do/say, are using this ndaa thing in their globalist agenda mindset, but i also think that maybe obama is on our side and he could use this as a tool against the bad parts and get rid of some evil. you guys said it, if a soldier is told to kill americans, where is he getting the judgement from to make such a decision. i believe there are guys in the military that wouldn't turn their guns on the US public, but i also have heard and seen them out and about on the economy and they all seem pretty trigger happy if you ask me.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

Non-violent transfer of power is great, in a true democracy where the economic power is not held in the hands of tiny minority.
People voted out Bush for having bad policies on the economic crisis, unending war, Human rights violations... and then Obama was sworn in, and does nothing particularly different.

When the government is simply a puppet for corporate interests there is no point in electing another puppet. They are just the face of the same people paying them off and dictating real policy.

You need to change the system, get corporate power and the wealthy minority OUT of your government. Until you change the fundamental flaws in the operations of a government you cannot expect to get different results from electing a new face to represent the same shadowy people.

This is what OWS is trying to do.

They've forced the discussion, but unfortunately it seems that the vast majority of Americans are just not listening. They'd rather rant about it all from the comfort of their own homes, while also ranting about the protesters. If you don't like what they are protesting about, go and protest your point.

Sitting on a forum won't achieve anything, and we've seen that voting in another leader won't achieve anything either.

While I sincerely hope that Ron Paul gets in, I have absolutely ZERO faith in his ability to change anything. Remember back to the hope a hell of a lot of people had about Obama, and look what he's done since being elected.

Sorry to say it, but Ron Paul is just going to disappoint America, and the world, the way Obama has.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Im canadian, i didnt take any oath but you start the war and ill fight it, before i have to start the war.

This has gone on long enough.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by derfreebie

What the hell does that bump mean in forums? I see it everywhere its more annoying than anything...thank god here on ats you cant just put 1 word in a post lol.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

I have felt that way for so long now. It is such a terrible feeling to lose hope when I look outside or turn on the TV these days. I wish so badly that we would just stand up! Living in American literally gives me that nasty feeling I get at the end of a rather unsettling episode of The Twilight Zone! We can't stand this much longer! We need to hold these people accountable for their actions and start legal proceedings against those who commit treason against our people, constitution, and rule of LAW. We need to stop embracing statutes and return to the rule of LAW.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

You had me until you started in the 'OWS is the greatest' thing.
Sorry, but OWS is for OWS. People wanting something for nothing.

Show me OWH then we will talk.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
I think Rage Against the Machine needs to reform and start getting the word out

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
reply to post by Afterthought

Get one thing clear, the domestic terrorists are The SCUM and not the nation, quick to blame the puppets again instead of The SCUM!

I find it quite odd that when the USA was founded upon a revolution one of the first things written into law was laws to protect the country from domestic enemies, did not one of the founding fathers state that when a government has become oppressive we are to over through that government and begin afresh.

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead

you're absolutely right. anything i can do to help?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by FurvusRexCaeli

With all due respect to the author of this thread, please anyone interested go visit Before We All Go Out and Vote...to do some fact checking.

Folks, we're in trouble now, not that we were not before NDAA/S.1867...but this could pose serious problems for every last one of us by all appearances.

Very good thread OP

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by guitarplayer

Are you referring to

That whenever any Form of Government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the Right of the People to alter or to abolish it, and to institute new Government, laying its foundation on such principles and organizing its powers in such form, as to them shall seem most likely to effect their Safety and Happiness.

Declaration of Independence

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join