It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nigel Farage! The EU's Ron Paul !!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:37 AM
link   
Most of their policies can be found here..

Policies

Or obviously at their own site.

I think why many are a bit dubious about UKIP (in the UK anyway) is because Kilroy was involved with it.
And because of many attempts by the media to liken them to the BNP... It's funny because things stick whether they're accurate or not and all you need to do is associate a group with another group or emotion and before you know it, people feel a certain way about a group.

Look at what's happened to Muslims post 9/11 for example..

I don't really like Farage too much, he's an ass... but I do like some of the things he says and agree with him on certain things.

Attacking people because of their looks or lack of charisma is also pretty stupid IMHO.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by SativaDub

I am barely into reading it and it's way over the top and totally out of context and highly misleading.

Check this out:

Section 4:

In January 2004, MEPs from several parties and countries received letter bombs. The targets included Gary Titley, leader of the Labour group of MEPs, whose assistant was injured in the attack. UKIP issued a press release in which they said that they could “understand the reasons behind [the attacks]”. 25 In the face of widespread public outcry, the UKIP leadership then issued a statement in which they refused to withdraw their remarks and in fact congratulated their MEP Nigel Farage on making them. 26

Mr Titley’s letter bomb attack was followed by a deluge of electronic hate-mail from people who endorsed UKIP’s views on terrorism. The party itself denied any involvement.27

They totally took the quote way out of context just to create a character assassination attack on the party.

From Wikipedia here is the actual context of what was said.

The MEP Nigel Farage said his party had predicted 10 years ago the path the EU was taking could end in civil unrest. He classified the letter bombs as the "price of forcing a political ideal on people". Speaking the day after Mr Titley's wife suffered the attack, Mr Farage said: "We can only hope that the EU comes to its senses and listens to the people."

wiki

So accurately predicting civil unrest is bad right? Politicians who understand what the population thinks are bad?

They did the EXACT same thing attacking Ron Paul, they said he was pro-terrorist for saying that 911 was "blow back as a result of our failed foreign policies." It was pure garbage ad hominem attacks and failed to refute the essential truth of the original claims.

Also notice in the bold section above from that hit-piece, it says that hate mail flooded in supporting the UKIP's views on terrorism. Then it says the party itself denies any involvement. Isn't that somewhat contradictory?

It's a very sly attempt to on one hand, make a direct connection between a few pissed off Internet posters personal views through private emails and say the UKIP believes terrorism is good, and then turns around and puts up a disclaimer saying "oh but the party isn't involved". They just insinuated the party was involved in the sentence above that however.

Whoever wrote this stuff was a very clever con-artist and a perpetual liar.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321

A probe by the Air Accident Investigation Branch of the Department of Transport found the crash was caused by the campaign banner the plane had been trailing. The ropes used to tow the giant slogan, reading: 'Vote for your country: Vote UKIP', had become caught on the tail of the lightweight aircraft, forcing it into a dive.

You call me ignorant at the same time you claim his plane crash was a hit job? Why should anyone trust your judgment about anything? when you are so clearly wrong about the plane.....

Actually what I wrote was this:

Originally posted by SativaDub
reply to post by muzzleflash

I couldnt agree more! The plane crash was very disturbing indeed, andI would not have been remotely surpised if it was an assassination attempt.

How about you read what i wrote, before throwing words into my mouth, you ignorant bat!

You must come from a wealthy family with very arrogant views on the world to make such statements. Look around you, the world is falling apart, our economic system is crumbling at the core. Yet the politicians and the bankers will always be on top... and WE the taxpayers, end up bailing out the bankers that made the mistakes in the first place - through VAT and tax increases.

So we are made to be poorer and poorer every day, whilst they grow richer and richer. Until we reach the apex, people like you will NEVER understand what is going on in the world today.

Open your eyes!

Although to be honest, you gotta hand it to the Elitists. They have blindfolded everybody, and those that escape their grasps are made to be ridiculed by the media. It is a brilliant system... instead of following in Hitler or Napoleons footsteps, they have used 'Stealth' as a method of global domination..... and guess what.

ITS WORKED.

edit on 15/12/2011 by SativaDub because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
If you want to reply to me SativaDub do it in the thread here and not insulting private messages please.

Let me make my view 100% clear for you 'so as to avoid any confusion'.

Nigel Farage and his UKIP party are a shower of w***ers masquerading as a legitimate political party. They are a bunch of closet racists, bigots, homophobes and holocaust denialists. Take a look at some of their closest allies and Nigel's best mates...

Further evidence has emerged of collusion between far-right racist elements and UKIP’s Europe of Freedom & Democracy group in the European Parliament. The involvement of the BNP in the EFD’s Turkish Assesment Group has raised eyebrows in the UK and Brussels, but now we can see an even clearer picture emerging.Vlaams Belang, the Slovak National Party, and the Austrian Freedom Party have all been involved in a 2 day conference to discuss Turkish accession to the EU. Also present were the delightfully named convicted racist and fan of Nazi marching songs Morten Messerschmidt (often referred to by Farage as “Harry Heinkel”) and Fiorello Provera of Lega Nord, the particularly vile racist party whose members espouse the idea of racial segregation on public transport. Both are members of Farage’s EFD group.
England fought a war against this type of fascist scum just 70 years ago, why would you welcome them back into power so easily?
edit on 15-12-2011 by Atzil321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Atzil321

"England fought a war against this type of fascist scum just 70 years ago, why would you welcome them back into power so easily?"

I think you'll find that it wasn't a war of ideology, more to the point at which we entered due to treaties with regards to protecting Poland, as for the 'right-wing' fear mongering, the Nationalist concept has NOTHING to do with racism or homophobia, if anything it supports unification. The Left have time and time proven themselves to be the perpetrators - heck, while we're looking at regimes from the mid-1900's, Stalin and Lenin are responsible for a considerably higher amount of war-crimes and killing than the right has ever been, it'd be great if you could stop spouting ignorance.

Farage strikes me as an honest character, admittedly a little flawed in terms of character but at the very least he's fighting our corner in the EU (an institution we whern't allowed a vote on - therefore undemocratic), at least someone's looking out for the people of Britain on the world-stage.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Come on mate, you can't seriously believe everything you read. You clearly have not watched the videos provided, nor have you any intention on doing so. Your telling me that your happy the way things are in this country?

Its a shambles! A tight-fisted method of working the small people to death in order for their Euro Dream to continue. Take a look around you, is the world living as it should be? HELL NO!

Originally posted by Atzil321

Nigel Farage and his UKIP party are a shower of w***ers masquerading as a legitimate political party. They are a bunch of closet racists, bigots, homophobes and holocaust denialists. Take a look at some of their closest allies and Nigel's best mates...

England fought a war against this type of fascist scum just 70 years ago, why would you welcome them back into power so easily?

Possibly the stupidest comment I have ever read. UKIP stand for the exact opposite of everything you just said!

The same people have been in power since before both you or I were even brought into this world. Do some research, the same bloodlines of power have been used for centuries. The same people you keep voting into the system you fool!

Originally posted by Weakness

Farage strikes me as an honest character, admittedly a little flawed in terms of character but at the very least he's fighting our corner in the EU (an institution we whern't allowed a vote on - therefore undemocratic), at least someone's looking out for the people of Britain on the world-stage.

Spot on Mate! The people of Britain were not even asked whether we should join the EU.. what does that tell you? Our 'democracy' is coming a slow halt, dictatorship will soon take over, much more publicly than it already has done.

Stop taking every word you hear from the TV to heart. You have been brainwashed into believing that anything that does not correspond with what the BBC/ITV believe is absolute garbage! When infact it's the other way round. The BBC are constantly feeding you propaganda, yet you still have not realised this.

Start standing on your own two feet again, do not rely on the television for information.

Earth, is a living library.

Use your feelings to judge right from wrong - not what the TV dictates to you.

Its funny because all you skeptics give us the same reaction everytime,

We are simply trying to inform you....... and if you don't want to listen then leave

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I love this guy, he is saying exactly what every sensible person is thinking!

Is it just me, or is the way Van Rumpoy sitting there with a creepy little grin conjuring up images of Damien from the Omen??

Van Rumpoy being the Antichrist ... that's just a whole different kettle of fish

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Stop taking every word you hear from the TV to heart. You have been brainwashed into believing that anything that does not correspond with what the BBC/ITV believe is absolute garbage! When infact it's the other way round. The BBC are constantly feeding you propaganda, yet you still have not realised this.

Start standing on your own two feet again, do not rely on the television for information.

Earth, is a living library.

Use your feelings to judge right from wrong - not what the TV dictates to you.

Its funny because all you skeptics give us the same reaction everytime,

We are simply trying to inform you....... and if you don't want to listen then leave

This deserves a bump...brilliant little part of a post!!!

2nd

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I love him!

Definitely voting UKIP next time, I wish he was my local candidate (I did hear he was going to try to run for UK parliament a while ago?)

posted on Dec, 17 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by AR154
I love him!

Definitely voting UKIP next time, I wish he was my local candidate (I did hear he was going to try to run for UK parliament a while ago?)

you sir are the minority i spoke of earlier in this post

"" woohoo im gonna vote ukip and that will be my contribution to freedom ""

you fail the real point that needs to be stomped into you psyche is it doesn't matter who you vote for the end result will be the same all these partys are on the same side its 1 big divide between the rich and the poor and theyre making law to seperate the 2 ""rule of law not the law of the jungle""

posted on Jan, 16 2012 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf

I love him!

you fail the real point that needs to be stomped into you psyche is it doesn't matter who you vote for the end result will be the same all these partys are on the same side its 1 big divide between the rich and the poor and theyre making law to seperate the 2 ""rule of law not the law of the jungle""

posted on Jun, 22 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Farage is dedicated to his nation, and to the peoples of Europe.

posted on Apr, 5 2013 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by akapapasmurf

I love him!

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join