It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Animal Death, wave 2? 'Thousands of birds smash into Wal-Mart car park'

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I would imagine that there was some change in the magnetic field within this particular area at the time that the birds died. Given that birds contain Magnetite within specific bits of tissue in their skulls, there sudden disorientation could be attributed to either an event that happened specifically at that point in time, or a precursor to an impending geophysical event.

There was an event in New Zealand where birds were reported to mistaken roads for water, however most of the birds remained unharmed.

cryptozoologynews.blogspot.com... irds-mistake-road-for-water.html

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
i do not believe for one minute - i'm searching for something to support my belief and i may get back with ya on this - that these birds cannot tell the difference between a body of water and a wal-mart concrete parking lot -

i hear h.a.a.r.p. playing her song -

maybe earth's magnetic field or better yet how about our emf waves?

www.rense.com...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by musselwhite

For sure, I dont think that they would make this mistake, birds use several techniques to navigate, and as i mentioned in my earlier post this has happened before, but the birds did not die, most of them infact remained unharmed. I have included within a link to the type of birds, and it is perhaps worth noting that a behavioural trait of this bird (See link) is that it prefers to dive to escape danger rather than flying. So was it a change in the magnetic field, the effect this has on magnetite, or was there something else in the sky which caused them all to dive.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-12-2011 by Nustle because: Poor spelling, Grammar

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   

The birds plunged into a Cedar City Wal-Mart parking lot, football fields, highways and over miles of property that had been blanketed by about 3 inches of gleaming snow. Read more: www.bellinghamherald.com...

How do they confuse snow for water? The article states the lights and cloud cover made it look like water but I don't believe that. I like the fireworks comment on page 1.

I guess they died of blunt force trauma as usual.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nustle

For sure, I dont think that they would make this mistake, birds use several techniques to navigate, and as i mentioned in my earlier post this has happened before, but the birds did not die, most of them infact remained unharmed. I have included within a link to the type of birds, and it is perhaps worth noting that a behavioural trait of this bird (See link) is that it prefers to dive to escape danger rather than flying. So was it a change in the magnetic field, the effect this has on magnetite, or was there something else in the sky which caused them all to dive.

en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 15-12-2011 by Nustle because: Poor spelling, Grammar
hey, i appreciate the link - there are some subjects that completely throw me for a loop and birds are one - i was thinking about all the earthquakes that have been happening in utah www.world-earthquakes.com... - and i believe is a thread on ats that addresses this subject - might have something to do with the "dive to escape danger" -

imho, it is an outside force rather than the lame attempt at placing the blame on a bird that has more sense than most humans - to say a bird mistook a concrete parking lot of wally world for a fricking body of water is stretching things a whole lot!

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 06:15 AM
link   

I have researched more into these birds and again it is suggested that these birds prefer to avoid danger by diving into water. So perhaps something startled all of them at the same time, and their natural instinct caused them to dive into what appeared to be water, whilst scared and panicking. So perhaps it could be the case that they did indeed make the mistake, but I don't by that this was just through a mutual assumption among the flock that the ground was water. I believe there must have been some form of catalyst that caused this, something in the sky, a change in magnetism in the area (earthquake) as you mention, or something else....

Bird Info:
www.bbc.co.uk...
edit on 15-12-2011 by Nustle because: added link

edit on 15-12-2011 by Nustle because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
Possible Catalyst:

Monday, December 12, 2011 05:14:55 UTC 39.6418 -110.3970 1.6 0.10 Utah
Source: www.world-earthquakes.com...

The above earthquake occurred at a depth of 0.1 Km, at the time outlined above. The below earthquake happened in the early hours of Tuesday morning, if you notice the depth again was very shallow at only 0.2km

Tuesday, December 13, 2011 00:58:45 UTC 39.7098 -111.2475 1.6 0.20 Utah
Source: www.world-earthquakes.com...

The birds appeared to crash into the ground on Monday evening, which is understandable as this is when they prefer to migrate.

There were other earthquakes in Utah pre and post the aforementioned ones, and with that in mind it could be suggested that this geophysical event was ongoing through out this time period at which point the birds happened to be migrating across.

The area they came down was in Cedar City, 200 miles south of Provo, if the earthquakes did indeed have an effect on the little compasses within their heads (Magnetite) then it could be that this caused the mass confusion.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by mugger

"The birds plunged into a Cedar City Wal-Mart parking lot, football fields, highways and over miles of property that had been blanketed by about 3 inches of gleaming snow."

If the ground was covered with 3 inches of snow, and the birds hit football fields, roads, and parking lots, that's very strange. I can see the reflections from a wet parking lot causing confusion, but not a football field cover with snow........birds know what snow is.........

edit on 15-12-2011 by isyeye because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
i can't believe no one has said invisible cloaked ships in the sky

Invisible cloaked ships in the sky.....LOL

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gwampo
i can't believe no one has said invisible cloaked ships in the sky

Bingo! Give that man a prize. You jest but it is the reality.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Whether or not the birds mistook a car park for a body of water doesn't explain how they crash landed so hard they died.

On a side note - hundreds apples fell from a clear sky onto a road in England a couple of days ago, perhaps they mistook the cars for some pickers' baskets?

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Once again, all of these phenomenon can be explained with the mayan portal days theory that I mentioned in my post on pg 2... Once again, if someone can link me to a site that has more accurate information about the mayan portal days it would be greatly appreciated..

I want to expand my theory about how the bird deaths and the apples are linked w the portal days, but im on my cell now..if anyone is interested in it I can type up something later today at my computer... I might just have to do it to appease myself, ha
edit on 12/16/11 by metalshredmetal because: Sp

posted on Dec, 16 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
Must have been the fireworks.

So all of a sudden birds and fish are becoming retarded? How do these creatures mistake a parking lot for a large body of water?

Why would they land any differently in a parking lot then they would on or near a body of water??? I mean... what are we... Jonathan Livingston Seagull doing high velosity nose dives or what??? I agree with the other poster. It must have been the fireworks.
edit on 16-12-2011 by shushu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join