It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US turns to drones to save money

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   

The US military is facing big budget cuts due to the country's debt crisis and is turning to unmanned spy and attack planes as a way to save money.

Obama's administration has plans to spend $4.8bn next year on new drones, which would save Washington DC the significant costs of hiring personnel to operate traditional planes.

Demand for the aircraft is so high that manufacturers are struggling to keep up supply.

AJE

I think the captured drone was a lesson and Obama is refusing to learn it.

I think we will see what the result of such efforts will be .

And we will see how US govt will keep on working to keep it's colonies and make more of them.

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
This reminds me of the backstory in the game homefront: As the US declines economically it was forced to rely heavily on drones after reducing the size of the military.
edit on 14-12-2011 by starwarsisreal because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2011 @ 06:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by hmdphantom
I think the captured drone was a lesson and Obama is refusing to learn it.

The only lesson to be learned from a down drone is that it never should have left the USA without a failsafe self destruct device. The observations of Iran MUST continue as long as that whackadoo Mahmoud Ahmadinejad is in charge over there.

posted on Dec, 20 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

You are just diss-informed brain-washed and I can not help you. You can come over to my every thread and post three replies to one post , but I won't give up ATS.

But the idea you have about me , I bet that time will provide your answer.

My last message is the repeated one , in bold :

یا بَنی إِسْرائیلَ اذْکُرُوا نِعْمَتِیَ الَّتی أَنْعَمْتُ عَلَیْکُمْ وَ أَوْفُوا بِعَهْدی أُوفِ بِعَهْدِکُمْ وَ إِیّایَ فَارْهَبُونِ (40)
O, CHILDREN OF ISRAEL! CALL TO MIND THE FAVOUR I HAVE BESTOWED UPON YOU, AND BE FAITHFUL TO YOUR COVENANT WITH ME; I WILL BE TRUE TO MINE, AND HAVE AWE OF ME. (BY PERFORMING YOUR DUTIES, AND OBSERVING THE COVENANT)
وَ آمِنُوا بِما أَنْزَلْتُ مُصَدِّقاً لِما مَعَکُمْ وَ لاتَکُونُوا أَوَّلَ کافِر بِهِ وَ لاتَشْتَرُوا بِآیاتی ثَمَناً قَلیلاً وَ إِیّایَ فَاتَّقُونِ (41)
AND HAVE FAITH IN WHAT I HAVE SENT DOWN (THE QURÄN) CONFIRMING THAT WHICH IS WITH YOU, AND BE NOT THE FIRST TO DENY IT, AND SELL NOT MY SIGNS FOR A LITTLE PRICE, (CONCEALING THE SIGNS AND SYMPTOMS OF QURÄN AND MOHAMMAD WHICH IS FOUND IN YOUR SCRIPTURES, FOR A LITTLE INCOME!) AND FEAR YOU ME.
وَ لاتَلْبِسُوا الْحَقَّ بِالْباطِلِ وَ تَکْتُمُوا الْحَقَّ وَ أَنْتُمْ تَعْلَمُونَ (42)
AND COVER NOT TRUTH WITH FALSEHOOD, NOR CONCEAL THE TRUTH WHILE YOU KNOW IT.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
If you want the truth regarding the drone inccident, then check this out: www.redicecreations.com...

top topics

join