It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Beauty of a Woman [WTB]

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Great piece, OP. I like your confidence and style.

People are like stained-glass windows. They sparkle and shine when the sun is out, but when the darkness sets in their true beauty is revealed only if there is a light from within. - Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

The most beautiful people we have known are those who have known defeat, known suffering, known struggle, known loss, and have found their way out of the depts. These people have an appreciation, a sensitivity, and an understanding of life that fills them with compassion, gentleness, and a deep loving concern. Beautiful people do not just happen. - Elizabeth Kubler-Ross

Everything is beautiful, but not everyone sees it. - Confucius

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silent thunder

Thank you for posting those quotes, Silent Thunder, they are perfect.

I am a fan of Elisabeth Kubler-Ross myself, as I spent a good part of the past five years working in mental hospitals and as a nurse for hospice patients.

I appreciate your contribution.

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Hi OP,

S&F

Awesome post! Although, I must say- I cannot live without my tinted moisturizer! (Well, I can but I prefer not to)
I do wish I had better skin though, some scarring etc. (I scar very easily) Maybe I wouldn't feel the need to wear it then. But, it's just an insecurity.

Sometimes I feel bad for not being 'done up' though... Like I'm disappointing people. Then again, I'm still young(24). Maybe I will grow out of it? I often wonder if I will ever be completely happy with myself? I always have people complimenting on 'how beautiful I am, but I don't really see it when I look in the mirror" I already have some stretch marks and cellulite and I haven't even children yet... There is nothing wrong with me. At all. I am slender, I have good hair, etc. But one never feels good enough. One dimple on your ass is a nightmare, something that needs to be dealt with immediately! Lol.

When I don't wear tinted moisturizer, blush and mascara, people ask me if I'm sick. It's like we are the weird ones for not wearing make - up...all.the.time. It's crazy.

ETA:
LOL- After seeing those "before and after" photos, I guess I really don't need to wear make up

Oh, BTW, your thread made me think of this song... from back in the day.

edit on 13-12-2011 by Tripple_Helix because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Dec, 13 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Tripple_Helix

You are beautiful. I say this without knowing how you look because you had the courage to come onto a forum and post your fears and your "faults" for the world to see. You are a beautiful young woman, and nobody can take that from you.

You have nothing to be afraid of.

The people who truly love you don't care whether or not you are made up. You can't disappoint them in this way.

Honestly, I would be disappointed in myself if my little daughter grew up and cared only about what others thought of her appearance, this would mean I didn't raise her to see that she is beautiful and awesome always, regardless of what the world says.

I propose you do a little experiment: gradually wear less or lighter makeup every day for a week. On the last day, wear no makeup. See if anyone makes a remark.

I don't think people ask if you're sick because you look awful without makeup, I think they are asking because they notice something different about you and aren't sure what.

A little story: I recently cut my hair from below-shoulder length to fairly short. When I went to work the next day, my office mate came in and sat down and stared at me for a full minute before saying, "Well... I know you're not wearing a hat..." He seriously couldn't tell why I looked different.

It's perfectly normal to have stretchmarks and cellulite and various scars, these things are genetic. They don't make you any less beautiful.

Not too long ago, one of the Kardashians (sp? I don't know anything about them...) was on a magazine cover that had not been photoshopped. There were a lot of critics talking about it because some cellulite on her thigh was visible in the image, and she finally came out and said, "Who cares? It's just my body."

You will probably be more comfortable with your body as you get older, I think that after awhile it gets to the point where you just don't care what other people think about you as much. I'm actually only a few years older than you.

You are who you are, be proud!

Thank you for taking the time to read and contribute to the thread. We all appreciate it!
edit on 12/13/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

You will probably be more comfortable with your body as you get older, I think that after awhile it gets to the point where you just don't care what other people think about you as much. I'm actually only a few years older than you.

Aah, thanks for the reply.

You just sound so wise!

I was watching this the other day, and I'm considering printing something like this to remind me that our little superficial problems are nothing compared to the big picture. When I watch this- It just makes me appreciate being alive and living in this beautiful, awesome place..

You should really give this a squiz...

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripple_Helix

I was watching this the other day, and I'm considering printing something like this to remind me that our little superficial problems are nothing compared to the big picture. When I watch this- It just makes me appreciate being alive and living in this beautiful, awesome place..

That is a great video, truly awe-inspiring.

Yes, I make a point to connect with nature in some way each and every day. I find that the more I love nature and take the time to ponder how amazing it is, the more I understand that material and superficial things are just not what I should be focused on.

A few links related to the mysterious beauty of our world:

The Mandelbrot Set, Transformed to 3D

Chaos Theory

The Trees Before the World Was Made
edit on 12/14/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 14 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Found and interesting link:

Kate Winslet Triggers Anti-Plastic Surgery Movement

By COURTNEY HUTCHISON, ABC News Medical Unit
Aug. 19, 2011

In a celebrity world full of Botox-frozen faces, preternaturally perky breasts, and noses that have seen more than one permutation, a few actresses from across the pond are just saying "no" to plastic surgery.

In an interview with the U.K. media, Kate Winslet recently took a stance against getting a nip/tuck, saying that cosmetic surgery "goes against [her] morals."

"I will never give in," said Winslet, 35.

Winslet, famous for her curvy, womanly physique, argued that she was raised to appreciate "natural beauty" and doesn't want, as an actress, to have cosmetic surgery or botox "freeze the expression" of her face.

Winslet isn't the only Brit speaking out against going under the knife. Fellow Oscar-winning actresses Rachel Weisz, 41, and Emma Thompson, 52, also oppose cosmetic surgery.

"We're in this awful youth-driven thing now where everybody needs to look 30 at 60. I'm not fiddling about with myself," Thompson reportedly told the U.K. media.

Weisz reportedly noted that people who look "too perfect don't look sexy or particularly beautiful."

Are these comments markers of a mounting anti-cosmetic surgery movement? One look at the red carpet would suggest no, though Us magazine speculated that Winslet is starting an "anti-cosmetic surgery league" with other U.K. actresses...

Full Article...

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Oops, posted that article in a rush and forgot to check grammar as well as leave my comment:

What I thought was interesting about the article is that, for Hollywood, "natural beauty" means no plastic surgery. I think that's nuts! As someone pointed out in an earlier post, entertainers are criticized if they allow themselves to age naturally.

It's nice to see at least a few people stand up for themselves and their right to age gracefully without ridicule.

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ottobot

Originally posted by ottobot

Originally posted by FortAnthem

We need truly feminine women back in society to help guide us away from the cultural morass the world is headed toward at breakneck speed. Without the civilizing qualities that women once brought to the world at large, I fear we are all doomed.

What, like this?

Bwahahahah.

Thank you for taking the time to visit my goofy attempt at creative writing.

I'm proud to say that I was one of the first to flag your wonderful thread and that it deserves the recognition it has received.

I did a thread a few months back along these same lines that you might enjoy: Skinny chicks: an Evil plot to dumb down the next generation?

posted on Dec, 15 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Haha, that thread is awesome! Thanks for posting here.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join