It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YES I AM special and ENTITLED to a life!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by ldyserenity

Originally posted by Advantage
No, the OP is special alright! You see.. Im not special at all so I can see specialness when its there. I was making a thread last month and it posted randomly like hers did.. when I tried just to make another post under it to follow up with the video I posted without me finishing the text, I not only got a snotty post from a stalker member.. I got the thread locked by a nice mod. So yes.. she is very very special..and Im kinda like a lonely UNspecial loogie on the sidewalk in ATS land apparently!!!

Just jokin.. well, not really its all true.. so ..erm.. carry on.

Sorry to hear that.
But you are special there are things you excel in I am sure and nobody has the same group of talents/ personality you do, and ultimately nobody is all "Bad" for society and no person is all "good" for society but every single person has an ability to provide society and the right to pursue that without being told "That won't get you a job" in the end it doesn't matter if it does if you're happy and if you have the passion for it. Money nor possessions can be taken to the other side, and for the atheists well it really aint coming with you then!!!
edit on 9-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling & add.

LOL! I got what your thread was about.. human worth versus being yardsticked by earnings or net worth. LOL! However there are those who are definitely bad for society. Oh and another however, I think all the atheists should give me their stuff when they die since theyll be 'a-burnin in hell anyway and the holy ones too... since they cant get through that eye of a needle.. or heaven either with their crap. .

I just wanted to whine about the dirty injustices dammit..

posted on Dec, 9 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Advantage

Quite alright, seemed like everybody (for the most part) wanted to turn this thread into a political rant. I think that some people really have their panties in a bunch.

I just thought it was a good philosophy.
I have to disagree; there may be someone that did bad things but, they provided a lesson to someone else therefore, they did provide a purpose. They are still perfect as a higher being, IMO/ They were here as a lesson, or to learn a lesson.
The one thing we may take with us is our ability, our spirit, our talent, and so therefore, why not give it all the nourishment it deserves without people knocking them down and then kicking them while they're down again? Am I right? Right now there is no freedom to be ourselves the Government is infringing more and more every day. The noose is getting tighter, and we have to be in a choke hold. Can't have mroe than 7 days worth of food? But, if you have kids, and you don't, they will say you are unfit because there isn't enough food to feed your kids in the home. On top of that my kids eat 7 days worth of food sometimes in a 72 hour period!!!
This is infringing on our spirit development. I highly think it's time we stop nurturing the greed and start nurturing the soul. My opinion.
edit on 9-12-2011 by ldyserenity because: clarifying

posted on Dec, 11 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Form a community, like the Amish, and do whatever you want.

You don't have to change the entire country, just change a small community.

Remember that even the best ideas are meaningless if they cannot pay the bills

We don't have infinite resources. That means it costs resources to give someone a basic quality of life. If things were infinite, we wouldn't have to ration them or compete over them. In a finite world, something somewhere has to collect the resources, refine them, and make them available.

I do believe that MOST people will contribute to society in meaningful ways EVEN IF you give them a basic quality of life for free. I think only a minority will not. It might be that this would pay for itself over time as the individual flowers and produces for the society. It's an interesting idea.

Some people think you have to FORCE others to be productive. Or nature has to. Only through death and punishment can we improve. Only through stress can we evolve and become better. I don't believe this. I believe people are productive when the chips fall into place. What makes the chips fall into place? Hard to say. But treating others humanely, so long as they're not overly evil, is not a bad thing to do. This is especially true if MOST people are producers.

What causes people to become so dependent and pitiful that they no longer produce? That's what this is about. Some feel that when life is too easy it causes people to become this way. So if somebody is dependent and not producing, you can help them by making life harder. Like above, I think this way of thinking is premature. First of all, MOST people are not dependent and pitiful (unless they're children or elderly or disabled). Second of all, if people need misery and punishment and suffering to produce then doesn't this rule out them EVER living in a bountiful world with no misery and suffering? Doesn't this mean we MUST live with death and suffering?

We all strive to make this a bountiful world with no misery and suffering, yet we require misery and suffering to be producers. Doesn't this mean that a bountiful world cannot be our goal?

So we evolved in a world of death and destruction and cannot live in a world without it. But perhaps it won't all happen at once. Maybe we'll slowly transition to a bountiful world so that we can adapt? Can we be eased into a world that has much reduced pain and death?

This all presupposes that non-producers are not already suffering in some way. We know that the disabled and elderly usually are more likely to be dependent and to be non-producers. Children, on the other hand, are still in their formative stage and are disabled in a different kind of way. But what about others? Might there be some people who're suffering in a way we don't understand very well? Homosexuals once suffered in silence. Isn't that one example? Some people are said to be too sensitive or thin skinned. Might this be something which can't be easily fixed? We try to fix all sorts of things, with varying amounts of success. Psychiatric drugs, for example, don't work any better than placebo in about 30 to 40 percent of the cases. What if some people are on the edges and not easily fixed and not understood because of this?

At the end of the day, there's only so much to go around. If there were too many non-producers, we simply could not afford to give them even a minimal quality of life. It comes down to numbers. Some people can't be helped, either. It may be impossible to give everyone a basic quality of life without severe concessions. Maybe it's easier for us to blame and claim ourselves not to be responsible than it's to admit there's nothing we can do to save that person.
edit on 11-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
I think Stephen Crane, the guy who wrote Red Badge of Courage, said it best:

A man said to the universe: "Sir, I exist!" "However," replied the universe, "The fact has not created in me a sense of obligation.

posted on Dec, 12 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Here's my problem who say I'm not intended to have these things freely.
When a criminal whose hungry tries to stand up for himself and TAKE something he needs , you lock him away in a cage. So he can't sit down and be peaceful and get things for free but if he stands up and tries to take it , you punish him. How does that make any sense!? You can't say "Get your own food!" and then when someone does say they didn't do it the right way because they didn't do it like you did it.

Give or Take , those are the only two options a human being has.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I agree with what you are saying, I definitely like your style. And thanks for reminding me that we all have something to offer, it's true. Every one of us is special and worth something just because we are human beings. It is a good philosophy, without it, the world could turn very ugly.

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 09:57 AM
link   
This is where community living comes in. Our ancestors did that perfectly-they had their women cooking and men went hunting and foraging. They had plenty of time to think about other useful things. People today confuse things like air-conditioning as necessities which it isn't. Modern world has no place for freedom or conservation. Once you get the basic needs like food and clothes, you go on and become ruthless in your approach to gather more and more. This is the problem that plagues this society.

Gone are the days when people use to sleep with just a roof over the head after a satisfying meal. People's mentality and their lack of security in every aspect of life has turned this world into a greedy arena. Allot people of a community a task depending on one's interest and skills. This will make everyone turn for work without having to work for money. Abolishing money will not bring disaster but takes away useless and pointless jobs from which we can free ourselves.

I see no point in doing a job that has no meaning nor will contribute to the growth of this planet and one's own self. What is the point of making movies and useless soap operas anyway and how does that make a civilization evolve- only to keep people's mind occupied and distracted from the truth?
edit on 20-3-2012 by radkrish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2012 @ 03:47 PM
link   
...we're all set just being ourselves, things just gets more complicated when there're people who try to manipulate us, people who install their own reality to other people. Those people who doesn't know respect for the lives and happiness of others...'

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join