It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shoplifter busted during 'Shop With A Cop'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Man accused of trying to steal games during charity event
This little story made me smile and wonder why we don't have a Darwin Awards forum or thread.

Fifty uniformed police officers didn't stop a man from trying to steal video games and accessories from a Walmart in Maryland.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
LMAO, I heard about this over the radio today, this guy definetly deserves some sort of Darwin award, lol, I mean come on, Did he just not see the fifty cops shopping next to him, while he was stuffing things up his shirt.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
You have to admit....It was a great demonstration of stupidity for the children to witness, first hand.

I'm sure it helped the cops get their message across. Lolz

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

It probably would have been easier just to carry the items and run out the door fast. The sad reality is that he'll get incarcerated and the cost of jailing him will be much more than the video games are worth.

I

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
Since he's obviously stupid, is it any wonder why he can't get an honest job? His parents and teachers should explain how they let him fail so miserably.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by Neysa

Just an observation but the linked article contains a photo and in that photo his left ear is partly yellow. Is that the egg on his face that he didn't quite manage to completely remove before being photographed?

reply to post by RightWingAvenger

A very good point. I saw a statistic that stated it "costs" $30,000 a year to keep someone in jail. Crime apparently does pay, the prison, much dollars.

edit on 8/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a reply to a previous poster

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 10:44 AM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

Methinks it's a trick of the light. Pretty crappy photo.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightSpeedDriver
reply to post by Neysa

Just an observation but the linked article contains a photo and in that photo his left ear is partly yellow. Is that the egg on his face that he didn't quite manage to completely remove before being photographed?

reply to post by RightWingAvenger

A very good point. I saw a statistic that stated it "costs" $30,000 a year to keep someone in jail. Crime apparently does pay, the prison, much dollars.

edit on 8/12/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: Added a reply to a previous poster

But the real point is that crime is crime. Get real in your assessments of the dirty deed and what his punishment will be. He, of course, will not go to prison--maybe a few days in jail, but not prison--for what he did.
(I assume that the widespread downloadding of pirated music tends to dim the concept in some individuals of what is worthy of being a crime or not.)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I do realise that. When you remove something from a shop it is theft, when you download something from the internet it is not. I download movies all the time, never stole from a shop though. Well, I did once when I was 10. I got caught the 1st time I tried it, learnt my lesson and moved on. I stole a snickers.

top topics

join