It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion - A System of Control

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   

I myself have pulled from religion a few years ago, I'm still a believer in Christ and God. The only difference is my perception of God and how I feel about him. I believe a lot of the stuff within the Holy Bible is false and altered over the many centuries, but the base and moral of the Book stands as it always has: There is a loving Creator watching down on us. The book is a guide to spiritual enlightenment, when we have fully understood our spiritual sides the things we will be able to do as humans will be endless.

What's your input on religion and what this video says?
edit on 5-12-2011 by FidelityMusic because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
My view on religion is if there is a supreme being there is no way that he would be a judge. and if there was a god he wouldn't have the only way to enter heaven is to accept him on such blind faith.

Its sick how so many are brainwashed by religion.

The truth is no one knows, but what i do know is that all the current religions are dead wrong...Christianity

I don't know and you don't know anymore, maybe the Illuminati knows.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Remember that the Bible is like a prism.

When you shine white light through a prism, you see many facets (colors).

When you read the book there are many facets (stories) but they all lead to the light (salvation).

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Religion as a system of control?
Yes.
But for what reason and who does it benefit.
I leave it up to those more experienced in the matter.

I am sure many on here have the answer,since I have separated myself from the aspect of religion many years ago.

My reason was hypocrisy and lies.
Since I was about 15 years of age,I have thought of religion as nothing more than a farce,causing conflict and war.
That was about 1979.
1982,I gained my independence.
edit on 5-12-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by kdog1982.
But for what reason and who does it benefit.

For What: Control over the masses for their plan to rule over everyone on earth.

Who Does It Benefit: My guess would be the same powers that worship evil forces, the powers that run our world, the denominations made to steer us into deception and away from the true meaning of the Bible, for example: Catholicism (The Vatican).

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

The catholics are a funny bunch, aren't they?
Birth control and abortion are out of the question,but you can drink and gamble all you want,and confess your sins and be forgiven.

I guess their thinking is produce as many children as you can to supply those in power with a bigger work force to supply them with more wealth.
I married a catholic woman,but I was raised methodist/baptist.
Religion is nothing more then a system set up long ago as a way to herding the sheep into a productive avenue aimed at benefiting those controlling the sheep.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:34 PM
link   
reply to post by kdog1982

I'm gonna take a guess, maybe confession was a way for the Church to find out what crimes you had committed back in Europe.

The Catholic Church prays to Mary, that's an example of deception towards something the Bible says.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:35 PM
link   

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by 547000

You are not going to enlighten me.
I have seen the ways of the church and religion.
Water boarding wouldn't even do it.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:45 PM
link   

So what you're saying you won't even try to understand why Catholics believe what they do?

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

So what you're saying you won't even try to understand why Catholics believe what they do?

I understand their belief system,don't get me wrong.
But do you understand the hypocrisy of it,the history of Catholicism and all.

There are morals values that I follow,not based on religion,but based on just being a human being with compassion.

I have a problem with someone telling me what I can or can not do.
But,that is just me.
I have done well in my 47 years on this world.
No regrets,no worries.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:48 AM
link   

And All,

I believe I can and have answered that for you. I posted a thread today in General Conspiracies, and you may have missed it. Although it is entitled; The Global Banking System: Descensus in Cuniculi Cavum (Part 2, "Secret Alliances") and shows the beginnings of global domination, it covers the origins of organized religion. Please give it a read. Here is that thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-12-2011 by Agarta because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
reply to post by FidelityMusic

Religion sucks...

Jesus rules...

Hell doesn't exist.... though you might create you own hell...

IMHO...

new topics

top topics

join