It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three Reasons Corporations Should Die!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by gwynnhwyfar

reply to post by beezzer

#2 Corporations demand you give a two-week notice before you leave. However if they wish for you to leave, their policy is to give a 0-day notice even if you've worked there for decades. They stop paying you immediately in most cases, not two weeks later. Go to hell, corporations!

So do unions.

Huh? What are you talking about?

What part didn't you understand?
Unions toss people to the curb all the time.
They're no different than corporations.. . . . . . actually, I take that back.

Corporations are in it for profit.
Unions are in it for profit.

Unions just lie better.
edit on 5-12-2011 by beezzer because: (no reason given)

Ummm, the premise of your original statement is what I fail to understand. I am still completely lost. What the heck are you talking about?

Unions do not fire people from their jobs. They can't. First of all, they are not the hiring company and therefore do not have the ability to fire workers, even if they wanted to. Secondly, they support workers and therefore would be unlikely to back firing anyone. Thirdly, since unions exist in order to support workers, what benefit would they gain by firing anybody?

What do you mean about tossing people to the curb? My bargaining unit is comprised of people who work for my employer, are in my "job class", and are voted to represent all of us, by fellow members. They support our interests within our community, and have been very instrumental recently in helping people keep their jobs, as we decided as a group that we would rather take furloughs than have our own team members be fired. Without our bargaining unit, we might have been ignored on this topic, and some of our co-workers would have lost their jobs.

The only persons I can think of that a union could fire, would be persons whom the union hired or retained to support itself. Is that what you are talking about?

Nothing about your claim is making any sense to me, but maybe I am misunderstanding because of some missing context. If you could give me an example to demonstrate unions firing people, then I might understand.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join