It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Listen up..what the hell are we doing to ourselves?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   
Really. What in the hell are we doing in this world? I couldn't take it anymore. All the bull$#!t that people are up to are they of any real use? You think the Universe is really concerned about your own welfare? Just tell me how you are going to be successful by accumulating garbage and filling up your home with useless junk?!

Tell me why in the world there is so much hate and despair among own kind? Tell my where you are heading?
What are you up to? What do you think will happen if you are rich and famous..Nature gives you an extra 20 years?
Is being rich and famous anything to do with the Universal truth? You want to see your own fellow being suffer so that you can race ahead? You are an organic intelligent being roaming this Planet. Have you ever noted this?

So what is your life all about? Searching for junk and showing off to your neighbors? Tell me what you get by doing all such non-sense. How does your success and failure depends on a $5000 sofa or a BMW?

There are 7 billion people in this world. Are they all rich and famous? No. There will not be a moment in our history when all 7 billion people gets what they want. So why go and be a materialistic smart-a$$? If your life is all about YOU and only YOU..be rich and run after junk. If its not..you have several ways to deal with your life. Materialism isn't one such way.

IMO we talk about equality and a world for all!!!!!!! My a$$ there is no equality

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:33 PM
link   
seems like your head needs a rest.
it all goes on with or without us , for better or for worse.

there really isnt bad or good things going on, theyre just things.
its vicious but at some point the cycle does favour the side you want it to.

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Life is what you make it.peirod point blank. Money, in my opinion isn't the root to happiness, but it is the life of evil. If it wasn't for money we wouldnt have war because there would be nothing to gain. As with all money comes power, and with power comes an enemy who wants the power. So you have??War. Which goes back to everything i think and belive. All this money all this power is getting out of hand and the government dosen't like it so their going to take the richest most powerful people and take all there materialistic items come together and form the N.W.O..

posted on Dec, 4 2011 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Too further reiterate user stopmakingsense's post, to believe in evil and good is just a form of dualism and is subjective to the individual. It doesn't really matter what we judge as good or bad in this world, at least it will not matter once you have left this life. Just see everything as it is, things. Everything just is.

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 12:01 AM
link   
For almost all of our time as a species (about 99%, actually), we were hunter-gatherers living in small packs rarely larger than 20 people. Even after the advent of agriculture (a mere 10,000 years ago, or less than 1% of our time as a species) most people lived in very small villages and settlements. Everyone knew everyone else, and you were valued (hopefully) for "who you were." If you were the best musician in the town, you felt like a star, because others appreciated your talents.

Now the world is so much bigger, tens of millions live in megacities, and you can connect to literally billions of people on the Internet. If you are a good musican now, its not enough to simply be the best in your little tribe or villiage...you are competing against millions of other musicians for eartime. The level of talent is the same, but you will not feel that warm glow of acceptance from people who know you well and love you like an extended family. So people seek "fame" because it seems like the closest thing to that kind of acceptance, or they pile up material goods seeking to impress.

Because human relations are so much shallower now, people feel what is missing, but they don't know how to get it right.
edit on 12/5/11 by silent thunder because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join