It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Empathy for Fallen Angels?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
Assuming the concept is true, would you be able to forgive something that was willing to overthrow our "infallible" creator?....it honestly doesnt seem very different than the arrogant teenager mindset always thinking they are right, that undeserved hubris... wanting to be there own self sufficient entity, is that desire wrong? If fallen angels exist, they do so because their creator was too arrogant to think they couldnt, maybe.

-Foo

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Yeah, I think I could and I think they deserve a lot of empathy. That sort of behavior and then the kind of stuff that goes on down here, if any of its true, makes them sound like a bunch of moody, little punk teenagers. Heck, most of them probably had no clue what they were really doing.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedbeardedFoo
Assuming the concept is true, would you be able to forgive something that was willing to overthrow our "infallible" creator?....it honestly doesnt seem very different than the arrogant teenager mindset always thinking they are right, that undeserved hubris... wanting to be there own self sufficient entity, is that desire wrong? If fallen angels exist, they do so because their creator was too arrogant to think they couldnt, maybe.

-Foo

Dear RedbeardedFool,

What is the issue?I have empathy with the worst being that ever existed. Who thinks they are God ? ls that why they believe they have the right to condemn, that they have the right to condemn anyone?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

its funny how they are referred to as tricksters" a lot.....like some interdimensional brats constantly trying to toilet paper your house. Science seems to be a good place to start in understanding the physics behind there existence, but wow its a deep rabbit hole. search learn search bump head, start over.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by AQuestion

No issue at all! and i appreciate your response, i wanted nothing more than honesty, i am glad you have an open mind on the subject and have forgiveness for anything.....a lot of people dont. cheers!

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by RedbeardedFoo

I brought this topic up with my very christian family once, they looked at me very strangly. My personal beliefs are that anything that is conscious, is at their center, God, so there is only good to be done by forgiving. On a more practical level for anyone who has had experiences with spirits, what do you think works to get rid of them? fear and condemnation, or love and forgivness...try it out.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   

I believe the "war in heaven" was a lie...

It never happened... The idea of an angel trying to overthrow God is redicuious

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Hi,

Good topic you startet, I was actually thinking about the story of Lucifer and how some things just don't fit the puzzle. And here are my thoughts:

The story goes that Lucifer was one of the best angels, and that God gave him the task to bear the Light. Hence the name Lucifer that in Latin means the light-bearer. Now, the morning star, Venus, that is the symbol of lucifer, is also the symbol of Light. So my question is, if lucifer was cast away from Heaven, wouldn't God take from him the Light? wouldn't lucifer start to symbolize the darkness? How come the devil is the symbol of light? Isn't there something funny about this story? So even tho he became God's arch enemy he is still the light bearer? And I also miss some pieces of the story, what was the reason, exact reason for lucifer's rebellion? Is there a reason for this missout or did something happen to the story?

Just a few of my thoughts, are they really fallen angels?

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   

If fallen angels exist...

As in left behind...here... on this rock... with us...to watch over and abuse for kicks. Puny Humans, bah.
All the time casting a watchful eye to the heavens, waiting for the return... and waiting.
Doin hard time on prison planet earth. That'll learn ya not to disobey the captain. Next time he tells you to lay off the women, lay off the women.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
After a series of Astral Dreams I had a few years ago, I was inspired to write this (used with permission):

Black is the color of oblivion, of forgetting. It is the color of disgrace, defeat and shame. This is what we must endure. We who were a once proud race of beings generous and terrible each in our own right. Then slowly came the shadow. The accuser began to whisper deceits among us. One by one, we became angered and bitter toward our own. Weakened by this, "The One True" was able to sweep over us like a plague. White is his colour. The square his shape. He seeks to structure and contain. He has no use for compromise, so unnervingly proud is his ego. "The One True" he calls himself because that is what he desires to be. But he forgets that immortality cannot be unmade. So he banishes us instead. Why do you suppose he created a new heaven and a new hell? He had to empty Sheol so we could have a prison to occupy. All of us. Many of my Brothers and Sisters now find ourselves bound to this place----the land of perpetual shadow. Cloaked in black to announce our disgrace, our fall, we wander this bleak landscape relentlessly mourning the loss of our children.

"The One True" still battles, though the number of his enemies quickly dwindles. He is powerful and cunning after all these aeons. But his watchfulness over this prison grows lax from his arrogance. Thus, my ilk and I are able to sneak out every now and again in attempts to be perceived by someone. These are our chosen from long ago. And to them we bestow what gifts and knowledge we may so that hopefully we will be renewed and reunited with the world and its people that we hold so dear.

I think it fits.

posted on Dec, 2 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
If we pray for our ememies, whether in the physical or spiritual realm, surely we can have empathy. More importantly is being able to relate and empathize with God on why he repented of making man and crying with him instead of to him.

A child of God has matured spiritually at this point.

new topics

top topics

join