It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many books do you get through on average per year?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by FOXMULDER147

I average about 1 book every two weeks. It depends on the books length. A 160+ pages easily in one week. A 600 page book, two weeks maybe longer.

With the Quantum Physics (for beginners) books, it's takes me longer.

Michael Talbott's "Holographic Universe" took me a good three weeks to read and understand.

It totally depends on the depth of the book.

Articles & videos ? Have no idea. I am constantly, now that I am retired searching, reading, researching the web.

Note; As each year progresses, the real information is drying up, I suggest when you find a good informational article, book or video, down load the sucker onto a thumb drive for tomorrow it may be gone.

I own 1,310 e-books and about 300 regular books.

Knowledge is power.

There is so much out there...............mostly baloney - but again, turn off that TV, Xbox, Cell phone, Ipod and start to deeply look down into the rabbit hole.................take the red pill. But be warned, once you take that red pill and awaken from the Matrix, there is no going back.

Our reality may just be stranger than the fiction many people are reading.

edit on 10-12-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 17 2012 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Hessdalen

Sir as you read more you form your own opinion, that's just how it works. Some people read faster than others. I can read on average two pages a minute, and am capable of reading a three hundred page book in two and one half hours, and am capable of recalling at least nine tenths of a book. I read on average 400 books a year though because I read history, philosophical works, classic literature, sci-fi, fantasy, and prefer books that are at least fifteen hundred pages long.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I read about 175 books a year. I won't count it if it's less that 150 pages. Most of the books I read are in the 400-500 page range with about a hundred thousand words per book. A lot of it is science fiction, with the occasional fantasy, realistic fiction and non-fiction thrown in there for variety or required reading for schoolwork. I like convoluted plot lines where every last line could be a clue to how the book will end.

posted on Aug, 10 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I'm not 100% sure how many books I read a year - it will probably about 50-70 this year. When I was in school and university it was more because I had more time.

I've also taken to reading more non-fiction which generally takes longer than the usual fantasy and sci-fi stuff I used to devour. And I now avoid never ending series. I agree with the other poster, finding non-fiction that is decent is hard, so i end up re-reading old stuff just to un-fry the brain from all the technical stuff.

I've never managed to get into audio-books. I tend to fall asleep when people read to me (it's a hold-over from my childhood) or I start day-dreaming (reminds me too much of "lectures").

posted on Oct, 25 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
I got up to almost 1 book a day (avg. 500+ pages) while I was in jail. Outside, it's probably3-6/year.
edit on 25-10-2012 by l0vedim0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 2 2012 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I read a lot.

No idea how many in a year though, especially since I got my Kindle I will finish a book and start another. I have somewhere around one hundred books in it.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join