It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mayor Bloomberg calls the NYPD ‘my own army’

page: 1

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Mayor Bloomberg calls the NYPD ‘my own army’

New York City mayor Michael Bloomberg said the New York Police Department was like his own personal military force during a speech at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, according to PolitickerNY.

“I have my own army in the NYPD, which is the seventh biggest army in the world,” he said. “I have my own State Department, much to Foggy Bottom’s annoyance. We have the United Nations in New York, and so we have an entree into the diplomatic world that Washington does not have.”

Bloomberg was speaking about why he prefers City Hall to the White House.

Bloomberg recently came under rhetorical fire for the NYPD’s actions in Zuccotti Park. When police moved to evict “Occupy Wall Street” protesters, reporters were prevented from witnessing the scene and some were even arrested.

The human rights organizations PEN American Center and PEN International condemned the restrictions on press coverage as “an obvious abridgement of the First Amendment right of all Americans to monitor official actions that clearly carry their own First Amendment concerns.”

Hope everyone in harms way has a firm grip on their camera phone and hits record/share. BE the media.

Peace.

Source

edit on 30-11-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by DancedWithWolves

I'd star and flag this, but I'm too lowly to have that power. LOL

It's quite amazing how brazen Bloomberg is. But with so many of our rights diminished or downright eliminated in the past few years, he probably feels pretty untouchable.

And yes, be the media, since we seem to have misplaced free press as well.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Our read-only society will do nothing.

In case anyone hasn't noticed. There are no limits. There are no boundaries.

People willing to lie, steal and cheat just need to do it.

There are no ramifications for them.

Why should they change?

Citizens just watch and complain.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
Between this and his unprecedented third term, his heavy-handed dealings with OWS and his complete kow-towing to Wall St and AIPAC - this guy just gets scarier and scarier.

People are seriously trying to get him to run as an Independent third party option for President, a position I would have supported a year ago but the mask has been removed and he has revealed his true Oligarchial nature.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

mayor bloomberg more mayor BOOMberg... i respect him cause it will take an army of common sense to defeat the unrelenting legions of hippies with Guy Fawkes masks whos only knowledge of the man comes form Hugo Weaving and V for Vendetta.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
The only question I have is this:

Why are so many Americans willing to lie down and take this? To have the mayor of NY publicly proclaim that the NYPD is his own private army should be raising hackles everywhere. But...No.

The only passion I have seen in Americans lately is actually against the OWS. The very same people standing up for their rights! How sad is that?

Priorities, loyalties and alliances need to be reevaluated.

Peace

edit on 30-11-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Here is a good site to watch some of that record/share. Archives as well.

The Other 99

I have appreciated the coverage on the overall concerns among those assembled against government and corporate corruption. Their coverage helps detail and report on the unrestrained greed that eats the core structures of our economies and our societies at the expense of the many to benefit the few.

I applaud the right to assemble...for as long as it takes...for the many to be heard and have concerns addressed. I support the freedom of the press and apparently that freedom is now conditional upon the commands given by Mayor Bloomberg to his army (7th largest in the world.) I wonder how NYPD will feel about their new "rank?"

Peace.
edit on 30-11-2011 by DancedWithWolves because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Well technically it is. However, I think his arrogance is getting the better of him here.

I should know, my arrogance has gotten the best of me on many occasion.

Still, what is he doing with that 9 BILLION ?

Nothing good at all, except for counting it every night. If you can call that "good."

You know the word about the "Trickle Down Economy" now,

That is what they call pissing all over you. S&F

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

The only good thing about what is happening is that the roaches are starting to crawl out of the woodwork in the day light. They are on such a power high their insanity is similar to a Manic -Depressive on their highest out of this world experience. They are either all suffering from clinical pyschosis or taking too much of those drugs they have been bringing into the country. What ever the reason it is becoming apparent to anyone watching. No wonder they are buying off the MSM and want to kill the net.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I believe they're overwhelmed with the amount of information. If there were only one major thing that everyone were focused on removing, it'd be easy to unite for that purpose. But, you see how it is here...every day there is some new violation. Every day. Before people can think about how they'd handle one issue, another is offered to us.

People no longer even think of how to fix the problems in society. They're too busy looking at new problems. We literally cannot do both at the same time. There's just too much coming in. If it's not intentional, it should be...because it works.

If you raise hell about something, someone is likely to complain about something else going on. Everyone has their own idea about what should be the priority. We'll get nowhere like this.

Must unite around a common cause. Must stick with that one until it is handled.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

The only question I have is this: Why are so many Americans willing to lie down and take this?

Several answers.

-Sodium fluoride in the water, foods, and beverage products.
-Prescription medications containing fluoride, lithium, and amphetamines.
-Aluminum & Barium toxicity.
-Dumbed down & compartmentalized education system.
-National television behavioral modification programing broadcasts.

That's just the stuff on the surface you can touch and taste, there's also the abstract levels that can't be seen but are just as real.

Hopefully, someday soon it will finally get so bad that people will have no choice but to step up and pay attention.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 03:36 AM
link   
He's right to think that way.

If I were Mayor, I have been given the mandate to keep my town the way the epopel want it. For that term as Mayor, the police would be my 'army' too... and I'd have them really clean up with zero tolerance. If the public didn';t like my ways, they could vote me out. I reckon I'd be a permanent fixture as if you have nothing to hide you have no need to fear.

Don't get all caught up in a 'descriptive' comment about 'army'. It's a beginning of the usual ATS paranoia

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Bloomberg is a joke, all the guy cares about is playing big brother, telling everyone they can't smoke or eat trans-fats.

He has virtually turned NYC into his own little nanny-state, but i guess generally the people there want it that way. Not that the rest of my state is much better, but there, it's just out of control.
edit on 1-12-2011 by elcapitano75 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 5 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Bloomberg is a Fascist Zionist bottom line, question is who has the balls to stop this tyrant? He is just one man, he bleeds like the rest of us all im saying.But clearly a narcissist that is going to fall as quick as he has risen... history tells us his demise for his ilk will not bode well for him. He thinks the world is in reach of New York, he is just a Mayor/ Shiester that does not understand his limitations... a wise man knows his limitations he does not.
edit on 5-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-12-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   

yep he said this alright.. !

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:26 AM
link   
I always appreciate honesty from psychopaths.

Thanks, Mike, for confirming what we already knew. Hopefully now, a few of the sheep around here who believed his BS about Occupy being unsanitary, will realise that that was the crock I knew it was all along.

posted on Feb, 21 2012 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Bloomberg extended his term ILLEGALLY

and turned NYC into...

GOTHAM

if there's a city thats currently akin to "Hell on Earth", it's NYC no doubt!

(and that's coming from moi born and raised in NYC)

new topics

top topics

join