It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Syrian Gunman fire at crowd near Blue Mosque and Topkapı Palace in Istanbul / Breaking News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Syrian gunman in Istanbul ??
I sure hope there is not more coming up.
Interesting time we live in

Gunman, allegedly coming from Syria fires at crowd and wounds 2 near Istanbul’s Blue Mosque and Topkapı Palace, in the heart of Istanbul’s touristic center. Istanbul / NationalTurk – Witnesses say a gunman cried ‘Allahu Akbar’ and attacked soldiers and a security guard at the at the entrance of Istanbul’s Topkapi Palace, before engaging in a shootout with police inside the palace courtyard. The Gunman reportedly fired at the crowds and wounded 2 people, who were carried injured into ambulances after the attack. Witnesses took the gunman for a crazy person at first but the with a shotgun armed man began shooting as soon as he saw soldiers and guards, the witnesses state.

Syrian Gunman fire at crowd near Blue Mosque and Topkapı Palace in Istanbul / Breaking News
Istanbul attacker came from Syria as new sanctions announced by Ankara ‎

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by samsamm9

According to your source he is a Libyan National who entered Turkey via Syria. Sounds like he might be one of the rebels who helped "liberate" Libya.

Let's bomb Syria because of this attack

edit on 30-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

According to your source he is a Libyan National who entered Turkey via Syria. Sounds like he might be one of the rebels who helped "liberate" Libya.

Let's bomb Syria because of this attack

edit on 30-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

Claims on the nationality of the gunman suggest he is Syrian.

Oh please let's stop the bombings all together

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   

I'm not implying that either source is completely true, but your second source which is more recent claims he has been identified as a Libyan national.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Yes, you're right I just saw that.

With any kind of news like this, I read between the lines, I think we'd be fooling
ourselves if we expected the media to give us 100% truth...

edit on 30-11-2011 by samsamm9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Well it wouldn't be the first time that something of this nature was used to start a war.

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

I wasn't there, but my neighbours friend was walking her pet camel while passing a group of bedouin sherpa's who had just spoken to a guy in a rickshaw that had given a lift to a lady wearing a black robe that had smiled at a little girl who was skiping in the street having said good bye to her brother who was on his way to the shops for a loaf of bread,

Which one was Syrian, Turkish, Libyan, Israeli, American or British ????

Come on folks stop swallowing the sh1te we're being force fed with! If it's from the Government or M$M then chances are it was one of their own patsy's high on drugs,

NO MORE WARS "PLEASE"

posted on Nov, 30 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
Oh goody, now not only do we have a reason to bomb Iran because of their blatant attack on UK diplomats, now we also have a reason to attack Syria with all its human rights violations and crazy gunman shooting down innocents.

Yup, the USS George HW Bush aircraft carrier sitting right now in Syrian waters will sure come in handy for just such a case... yessiree.

new topics

top topics

join