It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kent Walls competition 2012: MSM's forgotten and banished one Dr. Ronald Paul

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   

I had to chose this song as the start to this post....

Do I like what I see out of the Republican party and MSM over this... NO

They should be ashamed of themselves.... Manipulating the electorate for their own purposes is ANTI-AMERICAN and damn close to high treason...

Now the other boot...

Ron Paul does not in my opinion represent the best hope for the future.... They do not need to cheat to win... America is not ready to deal with the results of the amount of freedom Ron Paul is suggesting... Without their cheating.... Ron Paul would lose the election still, his message if given fair play would not resonate with the people...

Sorry I respectfully disagree with everyone who supports him... He would make a great adviser but not the leader.... he is the opposite end from Newton... The starry eyed idealist who believes in peace and in the process disarms the defenses necessary to protect the way of life....

I do not buy it all... yes some of it could just be him frontin but I like to delude myself from time to time that their are still honest men..

Now on to the show...

Ron Paul- wiki

Ronald Ernest "Ron" Paul (born August 20, 1935) is an American physician, author and United States Congressman who is seeking to be the Republican Party candidate in the 2012 presidential election. Paul represents Texas's 14th congressional district, which covers an area south and southwest of Houston that includes Galveston. Paul serves on the House Committees on Foreign Affairs and Financial Services, and on the Joint Economic Committee. He is the chairman of the Financial Services Subcommittee on Domestic Monetary Policy and Technology, where he has been an outspoken critic of American foreign and monetary policy.

What is interesting....

Flight Surgeon- US Airforce
obstetrician and gynecologist- 4000 plus babies

Paul has been married to Carol Wells since 1957.[13] They have five children, who were baptized Episcopalian:[14] Ronald, Lori, Rand, Robert, and Joy. Paul's son Rand is the junior senator from the state of Kentucky. Raised a Lutheran, Paul later became a Baptist.[15]

Married to the same woman since 1957

Note I am not saying divorce is bad or open marriages are bad... it means that it seems he is stable and sticks by his word.... a personality trait that this makes evident

As a physician, Paul routinely lowered fees or worked for free and refused to accept Medicaid or Medicare payments.[16][17] As a member of Congress, he continues to refuse to sign up for the government pension that he would be entitled to in order to avoid receiving government money, saying it would be "hypocritical and immoral."[18]

Holy crap turned down $$$$$$$$$$

Paul refuses to participate in Pension

WASHINGTON, DC - US Representative Ron Paul (R-TX) today reaffirmed his opposition to what he calls the "immoral" congressional pension system by refusing to participate in it. While serving in Congress from 1976 to 1984, Paul chose not to participate in the system, despite a taxpayer-funded pay-out which is more lucrative than any private system. He said high-dollar perks like the pension are areas that could be safely cut immediately, without hurting a single American taxpayer.

I have to stop so I do not sound like a fan boy...

I am impressed by the good Doc....

A necessary conscious ... a Very necessary conscious

Ron Paul presidential Campaign

U.S. Representative Ron Paul of Texas is running for the 2012 Republican Party nomination for President of the United States. Although he was frequently mentioned as a possible candidate, Paul stopped short of a full-fledged candidacy before May 2011. Prior to that, he had only indicated that he was considering running for the presidency. On April 14, 2011, Paul announced the formation of a "testing-the-waters" account, and had stated that he would decide whether he would officially enter the race by at least early May. Paul announced the formation of an exploratory committee on April 26, 2011, in Des Moines, Iowa. He proceeded to officially declare his candidacy for President of the United States on May 13, 2011 in Exeter, New Hampshire.[3]

Every thing does point to him being the real deal....

The problem is not him or his ethics....

The problem is that the American people are addicted to government.... And they are addicted to the need for it worse then an addict... Me and the good doctor disagree on the timing.... His views sound like making the addict go cold turkey and that wont work... I think it has to be gradual....

The cost of government we however do agree on....

Next post not answering questions or responses..... I want to look at the congress trying to punish him for disagreeing with them.....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
So,
You got a better idea?

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I am in the UK and if I could vote for RP I would.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by WakeUpRiseUp
So,
You got a better idea?

To what...

If your referring to differences in application of ideas, then yes which ones....

I intend to cover a lot of the ideals I have read the Ron Paul has...

In fact it seems we are in agreement in a lot more areas then I thought.... a lot more then a lot of other candidates

The example is that oddly enough the same position on abortion.... My personal view is my own and not one to be imposed on others....

do you want to wait as I go or are you referring to more specifics..... Please do ask....

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

I have been meaning to ask some of the other peoples representing here....
but it is for another day....

As a UK citizen you think Ron Paul would be great for America or (I am not being mean more curious) Great for the UK... (as in if he was eligible to be the prime minister)

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ripcontrol

I think he would be good for America and the rest of the world. Importantly for me he would bring the troops home and hopefully bring an end to the perpetual state of war the world has been plumeted into. I think this would make the world a safer place.

Good would be done for the American people too. From my perspective there is far to much control of the government over the people and it seems to me that people live in fear of government. This is sad to see in the most advanced western nation on earth...

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

I was just talking about ron paul in general, people litreally do not have another choice.
Your in agreement with him because he does speak the truth, it might not be pretty but its reality.

My personal view is my own and not one to be imposed on others....
Exactly!

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by purplemer

I think he would be good for America and the rest of the world. Importantly for me he would bring the troops home and hopefully bring an end to the perpetual state of war the world has been plumeted into. I think this would make the world a safer place.

Good would be done for the American people too. From my perspective there is far to much control of the government over the people and it seems to me that people live in fear of government. This is sad to see in the most advanced western nation on earth...

This is where I have a leadership difference with the doctor....

We had sex with the lady and now we have a child... (Iraq and Afghanistan ) we are their for the next eighteen years...

Regardless of my feelings on how we got there... we have a commitment... to both countries now...

We cant withdraw no if I was in charge would we.... Let us take Afghanistan... in there culture it is a sign of weakness for yours and the doctors plan.... It leads down the road to more violence....

We have to more territories to administer... It is not a very popular view... but great leadership is about leading not popularity...

Why do you think my first order to Van Ripper would be to order USMC Gen Mattis to take over both iraq and Afghanistan commands directly and immediately

James Mattis - wiki quote

his quotes actually violate T and C but they are true.....

No if I was in charge no leaving period..... We fix our mess... its time we grow up and do it...

Dr. Ron Paul would be greatly needed... My plan would be much more evil... Have Dr. Paul help set up their constitution after we remove those that are corruptly in power now... We use the higher ranking officers in the pentagon to walk the deck in both areas.... I will not sacrifice the enlisted when a good officer is available....

The good doc is needed to help with the master plan...

Teaching the people to be free...

I do not think his plan is much better then mine... but it gives America some time and maybe we learn a little more responsibility in world affairs... his leaves the means available for more trouble down the road...

The realities need changing, but change is neither quick nor easy..... so we take our time and advance as a nation inch by inch..

Please note The good Doctor I know would be the first to call me a tyrant probably but his advice would heard compared to people like gingrich, the o-man, pelosi, and perry... (who would be ignored)

Even though I disagree with some of his programs, hell most of them.... he is worth a hundred piece of those named earlier....

I guess my issue with him is the fact he would move to fast without considering the ramifications of all his actions...

My philosophy is that the ideas matter as much as the results of them...

He is not strong enough to force congress... if he is elected we get a carter... with the added negatives
of both parties opposing him and this means a congress that will fully stonewall him...

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by WakeUpRiseUp

Unless some third party individual hits the ground running...

We differ in applications.... widely vary

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Rip, congress won't stonewall Ron, you know why? because we (the Ron Paul revolution) will stop at nothing to kick out the incumbents when he is elected.

The movement is more powerful and dedicated than you think.

posted on Nov, 27 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

which one...

the tea party sold out....

otherwise Boehnor would not have been named as speaker before the people met .... the decision was made and the members bowed and got their knee pads out....

if the tea party was independent they would have demanded someone that was not a party member of the GOP ptb

or
OCW-
they have yet to sucessfully force their right to stay...

No both groups are behaving as tools.....

Combined... maybe but no.... Will they all be there to vote..... Have they mapped out who is in charge of what county... potential favors list that the election officials may owe and to who they owe it...

you have a long way to go and a lot of organization and leadership to pull off electing Ron Paul

posted on Jan, 3 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Well It has been a little bit of time since I posted here in this thread

So, I decided to post this here...

Rick Santorums Nephew backs Ron Paul

It is because of this inability of status quo politicians to recognize the importance of our individual liberties that I have been drawn to Ron Paul. Unlike my uncle, he does not believe that the American people are incapable of forming decisions. He believes that an individual is more powerful than any group (a notion our founding fathers also believed in).

Read more: dailycaller.com...

Pretty much Ricks nephew said no Im a Pauler...lol....

The words here are pretty good...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   

he is not a psychic... I think he, however while not a good president, you want him as an adviser....

he bet which way the frog would jump...

posted on Feb, 27 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Nobody is "addicted" to government, nobody. Tell me, why do you think it is that politicians promise and promise on the campaign trail that they'll to this and that, and yet once they make it to their office, they just join the cabal and break every meaningful promise that they made on the campaign trail? Many such politicians, in fact, promise not to increase government, but rather to make it smaller. It is only because the politicians lie, and are able to get away with it, that we the people are seemingly addicted to big government.

The American people are by no means addicted to government, but rather, to lies. Did Obama not promise while campaigning for the presidency that he would end the wars, repeal the Patriot Act, etc? If anything, anyone voting for such a man is not addicted to government, but rather is allergic to it, and are acting in a way to remove the threat of big government. Yet, here we are, the wars continuing and growing and number, and our constitutionally protected rights just further being molested.

The people who honestly thought Obama would do all these things are indeed not addicted to government, but allergic to it. However, they were not able to see through the mist of his words, and look to see his past transgressions. They were not willing to see his promises for what they were, lies, because they are addicted to it. They have come to live not trying to find out who their man is, but accepting what he and the media says of him and believing his words.

The current state of the United States policy, foreign and domestic, is not the result of a taste for government, but the result of apathy.

new topics

top topics

join