It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Blue/Green Star in the East Sky

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
Just got home from visting family in Doyelstown, Pa and on my way out I took a look at the sky because I live in the city and the night sky doesnt look nearly as good in the city as it does out where my unlce lives. But, I noticed something in the East. This something was obvisouly a star and it was flickering intensly and was blue/green. I have never seen something like this and the first thing I did when I got on was to check if there had been any other posts about this star in the East sky. I found none here, but I did see a thread on another forum about the star that was seen from Ohio. Just wondering anyone else spot this? Or have clue as to what this star may be?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ImmortalThought

My wife who is visiting family at McGuire AFB in NJ saw something similar.. maybe the same thing?

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
I have noticed a few stars in the last year or so that seem to be very flickering with different colors. I, too, have wondered what they are. I'd be interested to see if anyone knows.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
Hm, I believe i know which star you speak, i can see it even now.
I have seen this one for years, it gets brighter every year.
I saw it from on a very nice cliff face one night, it was cold, it had a wierd 'depth' to it, like it was closer than it appeared to be when staring directly at it.

Im going to go outside and see which star it is with my phone, just a second.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
reply to post by rogerstigers

Possibly.

I thought for a second it might be Saturn or Neptune, but then it started flickering and it just jumped out at me. Seen some bright stars, seen some red/yellow stars, but not a blue/green star. It might not be anything significant since I dont see the stars much in the city.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by AzureSky
Hm, I believe i know which star you speak, i can see it even now.
I have seen this one for years, it gets brighter every year.
I saw it from on a very nice cliff face one night, it was cold, it had a wierd 'depth' to it, like it was closer than it appeared to be when staring directly at it.

Im going to go outside and see which star it is with my phone, just a second.

Yea let me know. I didnt take the time to really stare at it or anything and I cant see it now from where I am.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Crap, i forgot its almost 3 am, i can only see it between like, 8 and 12 i think. Ill check tomorrow night, in the meantime, ill sub this post and come back when i do find out, or unless someone else gets to it first!

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Australia here, i have noticed in the last few years a particulary bright star that i don't recall noticing in the years before, i know it's not one of the planets as i can see them at the same time. I thought it might have been a space station perhaps. It could also be a large bit of debris floating about up there in orbit and reflecting light.

The strange thing about this 'Star' is that it is in a different place most nights and doesn't follow the rest of the night sky in it's journey, this is one of the things that made me notice it and is also one of the things that made me think it could be a space station or something with 'earthly' origin.

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Raivan31
Australia here, i have noticed in the last few years a particulary bright star that i don't recall noticing in the years before, i know it's not one of the planets as i can see them at the same time. I thought it might have been a space station perhaps. It could also be a large bit of debris floating about up there in orbit and reflecting light.

The strange thing about this 'Star' is that it is in a different place most nights and doesn't follow the rest of the night sky in it's journey, this is one of the things that made me notice it and is also one of the things that made me think it could be a space station or something with 'earthly' origin.

Yeah me too, where i saw it on the mountain, it looked like it might have been something in low earth orbid, it kinds seemed like it would be, it seemed really close, but it could have been a trick of the atmo,

I dunno. I'll try to get a telescope on it (Brother has one)

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
Come on people are you SIRIUS! haha

posted on Nov, 25 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by bigvanhorn

Lol. Yea thats what it prob was. It was to the left of orions belt and everything else that describes Sirius here, is what I saw.

It just surprised me how green it was.

top topics

join