It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex Broncos QB bashing Tebow on his prayer

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:19 AM
link   
So it appear that Jake plummer FORMER Denver Broncos Quarter back is "upset" with Tim Tebows habit of praying after games. I guess he would possibly rather have him doing like so many other players these days goin out and getting arrested for drug possession or rape or any other number of crimes? Oh wait maybe he would since that is what he did.

source

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
haha, well the praying does seem to be working...his team keeps winning despite all odds. I mean how often does a team with a quarterback that bad go 4-1? Honestly, it's a modern day miracle.
However, God likes to watch football. He doesn't interfere too often, especially with the superbowl.
No one has ever won the superbowl by praying, it takes real skill to win it. And Tebow is terrible as a QB.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
5-1 now as a starter this year. I'm glad "he sucks". Here are some facts about how he stacks up against some of the best QB's in the NFL.

Tebow Facts

edit on 28-11-2011 by navy_vet_stg3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by navy_vet_stg3

To be fair, those Tebow facts were posted pre-2011 starting QB status. The only fact which matters right now is that Denver is 5-1 with him starting and are in the playoff hunt big time. He's a leader on and off the field and, frankly, he exposes the hypocrits in sports media. For years, the media has bemoaned the abundance of players who put their statline ahead of the team and shy away from taking responsibility for their personal carriage and behavior. So they get a young man who embraces being a good role model, carries himself with dignity, and puts himself and his own glory dead last... and the media rips him.

Would I like to see Tim throw for 300 yards and flip the bird at the Oakland crowd or run over to the Charger sideline and spike that ball in Phillip RIver's face or make a menstruation comment about the sea of red in KC? Of course I would... but that wouldn't be Tebow and, honestly, it wouldn't be good for the Broncos.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by burdman30ott6

I couldn't agree more. Actually, the stats were showing how bias everyone is against Tebow, and how he actually has outperformed the "great quarterbacks" at this point in his career in PASSING. The only thing he's lacking in is completion percentage and yards per game. Big deal. I'll take an 80%+ winning percentage over a 70% passing percentage ANY day of the week.

Go Broncos!

P.S. I loved the comment about flipping the bird in Oakland and spiking the ball in Rivers' face. I'd like to see that too. But, Tebow has more class than I do, so I don't think we'll ever see that.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
Tebow ISNT the reason the Broncos are winning,period.
Its their defense!

And a damn good one too.
Tebow is at best a serviceable QB.
He isnt and will not be the Broncos franchise QB of the future.

He might be used in special packages or maybe even converted into a tight end.

At best he could be compared to Trent Dilfer,who was a serviceable QB the year the Ravens won the Super Bowl.
Which was lead by a dominant defense.

But unlike Dilfer Tebow wont be hoisting any SB trophy.
The Packers will see to that,if not any AFC team the broncos might meet in the playoffs.

~Cheers~

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
So, you're saying that it's purely coincidence that the Broncos were 1-4 with the same defense and Kyle Orton, and now 5-1 with that same defense and Tim Tebow (minus Brandon Lloyd)?

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Tebowing

It's like Planking, but stranger.

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by SmokeyRoom

People will do just about anything to try and get their mug on the internet. Strange indeed.

posted on Dec, 3 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
I didn't like the hype around Tebow. But he has been pretty good these last few games. Plus he actually seems like a good dude, not a plax or holmes. Someone with some respect. I'm not a broncos fan. But I can appreciate his respect for the game and fans.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by elrey72011
I didn't like the hype around Tebow. But he has been pretty good these last few games. Plus he actually seems like a good dude, not a plax or holmes. Someone with some respect. I'm not a broncos fan. But I can appreciate his respect for the game and fans.

Well Said he is a positive role model something that has become a commodity in professional sports.

new topics

top topics

join