It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thinking about leaving

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
ok so i have lived in ny state for 20 years and have barley travel maybe only on school trips and picking up cars in P.A and dirty jerz and the firsttime i actually left the states was to P.R puerto rico.

i do not work or go to schoolbut i do have a vehicle which is worth about $4000 and what i am planing on doing is selling it for about 35 and leave the NY state and just vanish.

im tired of waitinf for something to happen here in ny or in the world and i hate not being able to find a job.....

sothqat being said i think i reallywanna sell my VW(volkswagen) and just BOUNCING fr a few months.

maybe go down to florida and then aross to mexico then up to cali then maybe canada.

i just wana be on my own or maybe just try and survive alone with out anyhelp.

OR im thinking about selling my car and going to europe till im dead broke or find a job as racecar driver

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
does anyone think this is good idea or bad?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I think it's a great idea. I wish I could do the same. Stay away from Cali... I was born and raised and desperately want the bleep out!!! Some people will say it's a bad idea, a waste of your money and how you need to look harder for a job... Whatever. I say do what your heart tells you. What an adventure!

And if you happen to be in Cali when you crash and burn, hit me up and you can sleep on my couch.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by burntoast

Bad idea. Get an education or learn a technical skill that's in demand, its the only way to make it on your own. I know traveling the world is a dream for a lot of people, but you need money, food and shelter. The world isn't an easy place to survive and there is always people you will meet along the way that have sinister intentions.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
^^^^^^^^^^
yes of course but what if i travel and find something better somewhere else? a job that i couldnt fnd in NY or even school (RACING SCHOOL). i start a whole new life in a different state with my 3 grand?

yes people need money or shelter and food but with3grand im sure i wil have a lot of time to be wise and smart with it.

i wanna be free and leave

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by SilverStarGazer

what part of cali are you in>?

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Racing school?

You sound like a kid. Maybe wait till you are 21/mature before you go making big decisions like this.

Personally, to get into racing you need to have a family already in the sport and big money behind you plus a successful career in karting.

I'd suggest learning vehicle mechanics and then work from home doing cash jobs.
edit on 20-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Well, maybe I can give you a little advice! I travel for a living as I'm in the tour industry.

The problem with Europe is that it's very expensive. You can only buy about 60 Euros with $100. I just got back from Italy and spent a lot of money there on food and lodging. You'd run out of money pretty quickly, although youth hostels are a very good deal. Youth Hostels are like hotels for young people but they're not very fancy. They are clean and safe. Also, transportation around Europe can be pretty expensive. Often times, the cheap airlines are cheaper than the trains over there. I know people in Europe that get a job working under the table---it's hard to get a work permit anywhere in the world.

Mexico isn't a bad idea. It is certainly cheaper in Latin America. I do a lot of traveling in South America. Very cheap there---cheap hotels, cheap food. You could live a long time in Chile, or Peru or Mexico with a few thousand dollars if you are careful about spending. Mexico can be dangerous---you can't travel at night. You have to have good street smarts to travel alone thoughout Latin America.

Traveling throughout the United States could be fun, but you'd need a car. It would be great if you could tow a little camper with you because you'd save a bundle on hotels. You could even make your own meals with a little stove.

Traveling is a really great way to learn about the world and about yourself. I think it's one of the most important things people can do...

Let me know if you have any other questions...

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by LightAssassin

a little kid? thats kinda rude dontya think?

i come from a poor family that has nothing other then FAMILY.

what if i just have STRAIGHT TALENT? amazing talent that people would love to see on the track but cant cause his mommy and daddy come from south america and are poor?

i know it cost money EVERYTHING IS THIS WORLD DOES. but not sponsership nor the CONNECTION

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

I think you will have a lot of luck with the race car driving angle. Allot of countries are starting to give full residency to driver that show a valid US license.

My good friend has been racing demolition cars all across South America this year. He's up to $250,000 and just but a demolition villa in Bolivia.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I didn't say little. It is the attitude you are portraying and it will hold you back ESPECIALLY in racing. Level-headed racers are the most successful.

Raw talent means nothing if you don't have someone to vouch for that talent.
edit on 20-11-2011 by LightAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
stick to travel there in the states.

unless you have alot of money to travel abroad.
for most countries you must have at least enough in cash with you to last a 3 month stay . a place of residence while your there.
proper visa to enter (some you can get visa at entry others you have to apply first)
if your going to work abroad think again - unless you have a degree and a critical skill, valid job offer / job waiting in addition to meeting all the other requirements they wont let you enter the country and yes they do check up to make sure that everything is in order.
Failing to meet entry requirements or illegally entering other countries at the least will get you deported back to your country of origin or a nice holiday in the local prison where you will meet lots of nice new friends before getting deported..

In recent years many countries have got stricter on entry and residency requirements.

Requirements vary by country.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
DO IT. I wish I could.

I would if I could, but I have a family now and didn't do it when I was younger. You probably won't get another chance to explore the world. Don't make the mistake I made. Do it, Man.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
DO IT! Don't listen to these pouting naysayers. I've always been traveling. I've lived all over the US. Mexico is great, I've been here six years.

Once, I hitch-hiked from San Diego to New York, just so I could. I met a lot of people out of the blue on that trip, and when you ride hundreds of miles with some stranger, you'd be surprised at the kind of things people will tell to a complete stranger because they know they will never see you again. Anyway, during that trip at three different old guys told me the same thing. I told them I had just been in China, and now I was hitch hiking cross country for the hell of it. They all said, "Kid, don't listen to anyone who tells you you're crazy. Just keep doing what you want. All my life, I had plans to do some great adventures, but I always was gonna do it next year. After I saved up some money. After this, after that. After the kids go to college.....now I'm an old fart and I never did anything, and now it's too late."

You can go anywhere as a tourist. Most countries will give you a six month visa no prob. If you can't find some kind of job or business in that time, move on. All south of the border is cheap. Mexico's great, South America is great, Central America too. Europe is awesome too, but more expensive. Here you can live like a king for peanuts.

Don't listen to the wet blankets. GO FOR IT.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Regardless of which direction you would travel, buddy, you will be purchasing a one-way ticket to Loserville.
I have a son with that frame of mind since he was about 13. He is now well into his 40s and has never had a pot to piss in, as the old saying goes, and probably never will. I guess he is happy.

I wish you too the good luck to be happy if you start along that route.

Obviously, you live with your parents, want to escape but will expect them to rescue you when you fall on your face. Stay put until you come up with a better "plan."

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
It sounds like an adventure but with that little of money you could find yourself in trouble pretty quickly and stranded somewhere you would rather not. You better plan it out a little better than that...Plus i would not sell the car! I only say this from experience and found myself in a really bad place. I joined the army for food and shelter.....of course that was the best thing I could have ever done!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Once again, don't listen to these crybabies that have never LIVED a day in their lives. GO FOR IT. Everyone will tell you you are crazy. Don't listen to them. It's a one way ticket to WINNERville. Loserville is where the idiots telling you no live. Their boring lives are like a living death. They just don't know it.

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

thx you for your positive talk listen to you really want me to do this now...

you are right i shouldnt listen to people that will bring me down.

i really thank you LOVE AND PEACE TO YOU AND YOUR FAMILY

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Oklahoma has cheap property.

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

I think you should listen to both sides to weigh the "pro and con" of embarking on this planned adventure you have in mind. Some people will encourage you and some people will discourage you. However you must understand that they are advising you through experience so it is not a question of who is right or wrong. Nobody stands to gain or lose in your adventure so at the end of the day you would be the one to decide. ATSers only lay the cards on the table just in case in your haste to fly the coop you may have overlooked certain matters. All the same have fun in whatever you choose to do.

top topics

join