It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Trip to Banff, Canada. (Pictures)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
I've been wanting to post some pictures I took when I visited Banff, so here goes.

I have more of my trip to Canada but I didn't want to fill the thread up with a bombardment of pictures.
These are my favourite one's

This is my second thread (first was an intro thread) and it has taken me so long to do!
I wanted to write more but i'm tired now!

All pictures have been resized. Unfortunately, after spending ages putting the external image link up for a full size photo for each one, I realised the link went to the wrong place.

On with the pictures.

So, the first three are from Lake Louise.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

Lake Louise is such a beautiful place.
The turquoise water looks incredibly inviting...I wouldn't fancy a swim in it though, too bloody cold!

The next two are photo's of Bow Falls and the Bow River.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

The next bunch are taken from the top of Sulphur Mountain looking down on Banff.

We used the Gondola (i'm no hiker) and a few are pictures taken on the descent.

Jaw dropping views....as you would expect from on top of a mountain....

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

These are pictures that were taken whilst on the road.

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

[img][/img]

The last one is of my 2 year old son, who looks shattered. We lost the dummy on the plane.

[img][/img]

So that just about does it.

Canada is such a beautiful place, I mean the pictures speak for themselves.

This was the first time I have experienced the Canadian Rocky Mountains and the memories will last a life time.

(Pictures were taken on my Nokia N8)

Thanks for stopping by,
Peace.

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I have been there so many times but the most memorable was recently when I had the opportunity to take my wife (Korean) for her first visit and see it with new eyes...hers.

It made me appreciate it so much more seeing the wonderment in her eyes. I was so filled with contentment being able to share it with her that I fell in love with Banff all over again...and my wife as well.

Thanks for the pics!

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
Awesome photos thanks for sharing

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
I have been there so many times but the most memorable was recently when I had the opportunity to take my wife (Korean) for her first visit and see it with new eyes...hers.

It made me appreciate it so much more seeing the wonderment in her eyes. I was so filled with contentment being able to share it with her that I fell in love with Banff all over again...and my wife as well.

Thanks for the pics!

Thank you Jude11

You're very much welcome.

It has that instant hit doesn't it.
Stunning.

I'm glad your wife enjoyed it too. My girlfriend started talking about marriage soon after we left Banff.
It's great that there are places that can bring people together like that. You forget everything, for that moment the beauty of nature is all that matters.

Originally posted by ReadyPower
Awesome photos thanks for sharing

Thanks for checking them out ReadyPower.

edit on 20-11-2011 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-11-2011 by SilentE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 20 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by SilentE

Originally posted by jude11

Thanks for the pics!

Thank you Jude11

You're very much welcome.

It has that instant hit doesn't it.
Stunning.

I'm glad your wife enjoyed it too. My girlfriend started talking about marriage soon after we left Banff.
It's great that there are places that can bring people together like that. You forget everything, for that moment the beauty of nature is all that matters.

Fortunately for me, I live about 3 hours from there now so no problem going back. I also like the old highway trip thru Hell's Gate. Amazing!

posted on Nov, 21 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I envy you Jude,

My Dad moved to Calgary a few years ago and he has never been happier to live in such a lovely country as Canada.

posted on Dec, 23 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. I need to take a trip there. Such serene beauty

posted on Jan, 10 2012 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by B48621A9115Q024
Wow! Absolutely gorgeous. I need to take a trip there. Such serene beauty

Thank you.... ummmm.. wow that's some member name!
I'll call you B4.

Thanks for taking the time to check out my snaps.

Peace.

posted on Nov, 28 2012 @ 03:12 AM
link   
Gorgeous photos.

Thanks for sharing.

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I live about an hour and a half south of there in Lethbridge. I went to banff for the first time about three years ago... I'm 45.

posted on Dec, 5 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
reply to post by SilentE

OmG i miss BC...

S&F...

Edit: I know banff is not in BC...

edit on 5-12-2012 by Akragon because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join