It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Best Places to Hole Up if Things Go South?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:15 AM
link   
If you don't have a non-public,well stocked place to hole up AND others to help defend it...you and yours are dead...it's that simple...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by AlreadyGone

Moving light is the last resort, not the first...

Those on the move will be those who are in need...marauders...criminals...and the like...

A lackluster place to hole up is best. BOBs should be ready for the last resort...

posted on Jan, 13 2012 @ 11:24 AM
link   
I think Papua New Guinea might be Another great place to disappear, especially if you could somehow befriend the natives, only a madman would ever attempt to search you out there

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:06 AM
link   
I'm stuck in my house in the middle of my city of about 1.2 million. Maybe I can fortify it, a bit. It's an acre, but the half of the property that has a fence is a crappy, broken ass wood fence. I can't afford to sell the house, as I'm upside down in the mortgage. (isn't everyone?)
I was thinking... maybe a 3rd world country would be best, since they already dont have electricity. Oooh, or what about the Amish?
Joking aside, I am starting to stock up some supplies for a few contingencies. My main concern is most people I know think my line of thinking on this is nuts, and i'm being an alarmist. I don't agree... It's not that I'm crying wolf, I'm just saying that wolves exist, and COULD attack. Whether that's the fall of the economy or warfare or our sun blasting an emp that knocks out the power grid for...a week? a year? ever?

I have a brick house, with 3 seperate buildings on the property. I estimate my property could sustain about a dozen to 18 people if we all collect rain water, plant vegetables and have 3 on security . I'm getting estimates on rolling shutters, and doing some other things too. I've got a gun and I'm a great shot. But I need about 10 more of me to make this work. What hope is there for people like me who have nowhere to go, and no one on board?
*Please don't reply with how screwed I am. I'm on this forum to get help and advice, not to feel even more helpless than I do. Thank you.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I have noticed that the Wal-mart by my house is perfect for obtaining for operation. Snipers on the roof housing in the warehouse and it even seems to be designed for such a thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
I have noticed that the Wal-mart by my house is perfect for obtaining for operation. Snipers on the roof housing in the warehouse and it even seems to be designed for such a thing.

yea..you along with about several other hundred people have probably thought of taking over that walmart..it will be a life and death fight as to who gets to "take over" it.

good luck

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by k1k1to

A sheet metal building is what you would take over?
Bullets will fly right through those walls...so your screwed with thinking you have a good shelter.
A brick or concrete building would be better. A building that isn't huge or big is good to, how can you defend an attack when you have 100+ yards to the other end of the building? That would be the last place I would go...seriously, I would go under an overpass before I go to wally world.

posted on Jan, 24 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by saltdog
reply to post by k1k1to

A sheet metal building is what you would take over?
Bullets will fly right through those walls...so your screwed with thinking you have a good shelter.
A brick or concrete building would be better. A building that isn't huge or big is good to, how can you defend an attack when you have 100+ yards to the other end of the building? That would be the last place I would go...seriously, I would go under an overpass before I go to wally world.

i never said i would take over a walmart..did you even read what i wrote??

i said i would go straight for the everglades

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join