It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Out of Work People Are Worth More In Jail.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Numbers don't Lie folks and you maybe worth more in jail, so if you make less than $75,000.00, it's likely your more valuable to the system, as an inmate, than a free person.

The first example we’ll look at is, so called debt beat mother and fathers that do not pay or cannot pay child support. Let’s see, if someone cannot make enough money to pay for the amount originally set by the courts, special formula, then they are worth more to the system in jail. Sounds like good business sense to me, so toss them in jail.

Next example, “Sorry your honor but I don’t have enough money to pay for a lawyer”. People that are accused of a crime that do not have enough money to pay for a slick expensive lawyer, and get an over work, inexperience court appointed counsel, sure why not, toss them in jail too.

People that don’t have enough money to pay for their taxes, sure they are scum toss them in Jail too.
I’m sure there is more people that qualify, but you all get the picture here.

People are worth more, in jail, than out on the street. Let me explain my views. This thread will not be about the crimes, but rather number and facts. And maybe some sarcasm too. I will let ATS members decide if this is a conspiracy against the USA, because it effects everyone.

One of the greatest scams next to the banking industry, Wall Street and political arena is our so called Justice system. We have to look at the logic behind the entire scam and the way to do this is to follow the money trail. The typical inmate costs anywhere between $30,000.00 and $75,000.00, per inmate per year, now that is allot of money to be made, but let’s look closer.

In 2006, there were just over 7.2 million Americans in jail/ probation/or on parole.

According to a US Department of Justice report published in 2006, over 7.2 million people were at that time in prison, on probation, or on parole. That means roughly 1 in every 32 Americans are held by the justice system.[4][5] According to the International Centre for Prison Studies (ICPS) at King's College London, of that 7.2 million, 2.3 million are in prison. The People's Republic of China comes in second place with 1.6 million, despite its population being over four times that of the United States.[6]

en.wikipedia.org...

Realtruth pulls out his calculator and start to do math calculations. Click Click Click………

2.7million X $50,000= $360,000,000.00 WAIT! Realtruth is confused by too many zero’s on the calculator, Double takes at the screen and slowly counts all the zeros, math is incorrect.

Final Amount is $360,000,000,000.00

So there we have it, 360 billion dollar a year scam, opps industry.

Realtruth thinks maybe he’ll get into the jail building business. (ends sarcasm)

In our great land, it is a crime to be poor, and to not be able to make enough money.

So if a system wanted to profit off of so called “Dead Beats” and push the bill onto the tax payers how could this be accomplished?

edit on 18-11-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Don't forget about all the near-free labor that prisoners can provide these days. Slave labor is big business to big business.

Though nobody except for the very rich are free in the U.S., at least. It's just that prison bars are a little bit more solid.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnIntellectualRedneck
Don't forget about all the near-free labor that prisoners can provide these days. Slave labor is big business to big business.

Though nobody except for the very rich are free in the U.S., at least. It's just that prison bars are a little bit more solid.

Now your get the picture. So they actually make money from both ends.

Star from me.

This is why I love ATS fast thinking brilliant minds.

So let's say we double the original amount from the calculations and we come up with what number?

Getting closer to the Trillion mark now.
edit on 18-11-2011 by Realtruth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

So the prison's financial backers began a sweeping lobbying effort to divert inmates from other institutions. Rhode Island's political leaders pressed Vice President Al Gore while he was visiting the state as well as top officials at the Justice Department to send more prisoners. Facing angry bondholders and insolvency, the company, Cornell Corrections, also turned to a lawyer who was then brokering prisoners for privately run institutions in search of inmates.

Profit prisons seem to be big business, so maybe this is why they need to find more inmates no matter what the cost and how they go about it.

Pieces of the puzzle are slowly coming together.

Prison for Profits

Two years ago, the owners of the red cinder-block prison in this poor mill town threw a lavish party to celebrate the prison's opening and show off its computer monitoring system, its modern cells holding 300 beds and a newly hired cadre of guards.

But one important element was in short supply: Federal prisoners.

It was more than an embarrassing detail. The new prison, the Donald W. Wyatt Detention Facility, is run by a private company and financed by investors. The Federal Government had agreed to pay the prison $83 a day for each prisoner it housed. Without a full complement of inmates, it could not hope to survive.

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Realtruth

Sad fact is that some of the people would rather be in jail.

Other than the labor mentioned, which is not that common, someone gets 3 meals a day (depends on what you consider a meal but they probably have nutritional guidelines of some sort), a decent place to sleep (again, depends on what you're used to), a routine/stability, and many times, cable/satellite...whatever the employees want...TV.

Contrast that with no food, sleeping in the elements, uncertaintly, getting kicked out of places because of how you look.

I know that the trend now in CA, at least, is not to jail many non-violents....I guess the utility costs in Cali can't even support the racket you describe...S/F

edit on 18-11-2011 by BurningSpearess because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Realtruth
Numbers don't Lie folks and you maybe worth more in jail, so if you make less than $75,000.00, it's likely your more valuable to the system, as an inmate, than a free person.

What percent of people make over 75,000? Could it be the magical georgia guidestone number of 500 million?
Just saying that it would be easier to depopulate if they were in nice little cages first
edit on 18-11-2011 by VforVendettea because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Your numbers looked wrong to me. 45,000 x 2.3 million = $103,500,000,000 (billion).

When companies found out they could hire somebody overseas and pay em pennies to the dollar, it was too tempting. This displaced a lot of american workers. A lot of them didn't adjust.

The reality is that we're not meeting the demands of these circumstances. Either we educate people so that they can get high-skilled jobs or we lower minimum wage significantly. The other option is to forbid american companies from exploiting overseas laws or standards to profit from it. But that's essentially isolationism. On the other hand, how can we have american values while at the same time having an economy based on chinese/russian/thailand/etc values?

There's also the matter that having countries being economically dependent on each other reduces the chances for future war. So mabye it's good to do what we're doing. But I still don't understand why they don't just lower the minimum wage then. Or just admit that standards are going down, not up, for low-income americans. That's just how the system will balance itself.

Maybe america is just spoiled? We expect too much? Maybe it's time we sacrifice a bit so that developing nations and peace can prosper in the place of desperation and war. Alternatively, maybe the products low-income workers produce are too cheap and being exploited by wealthy investors (and buyers)? Maybe the prices of some of these goods need to be increased?

I've worked at canneries. So I know what low-income work is. Long hours. Body is hurting. Eventually, if you're one of the better breeds, you tough through it. Life is a bitch. I wish the hours could be capped at 8 or 9 and at 5 or 6 days a week. And I wish that when somebody was hurt it was easier to get time off (many need it). Fish prices would probably go up, but it's for the better. These people (naturally) get old and have problems that result from the long hours of doing repetitive work. We pay their healthcare bills. This exploitation going on is not free. Not only that, but these workers pay for it at home too. Long hours away from their children. Come home tired. Sometimes pushing two jobs even. The child learns to block it all to cope. Looked at from a distance, it's as though we're breeding a slave labor work force. The weak ones are culled. In another aspect, the exploitation leads to overfishing. Which is a related problem.

I know we don't always have much choice. Look at the military. 12 hour days for 6 months about or more. Maybe it's just me, but I think people are more than just worker bees. In times of war, there's no choice. But in times of peace, there is choice. We can choose not to overfish and to respect low-income workers. We can choose to see how exploitation hurts everyone.
edit on 27-12-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
If you do a bit more research, you will find that in the USA private for profit prisons really got going in the 80's. If you then do a bit more research, you will find that for some strange reason, "crime" skyrocketed around this same time.

Funny how that worked don't ya think?

en.wikipedia.org...

I can't seem to remember how to embed a graph, if someone could help me out I would appreciate it.

en.wikipedia.org...

wooo hooo GO CORPORATIONS (end sarcasm)

Harm None
Peace
edit on 27-12-2011 by amazed because: (no reason given)

edit on 27-12-2011 by amazed because: linky being hinky

new topics

top topics

join