It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ezekiel 28 ???

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I found an unlikely source of information on Genesis in a book I bought to get more educated on the different apocalypse schemes, called, The Paperback Apocalypse, How the Christian Church was Left Behind. I got my copy from Amazon used but in like-new condition (never actually read) for $3.20 plus shipping (which has gone up from what it was a month ago). The Author seems to be a professor at a seminary which specializes in a sort of agnostic, and somewhat skeptical form of Christianity. So he lays out the facts in an unapologetic way about Yahve (as he spells it) and all the dragons and the other gods, where other people don't say it quite so matter-of-factly.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I got this book in the mail today, "Forms of Old Testament Literature: Genesis, with an Introduction to Narrative Literature (Forms of the Old Testament Literature)"
I said earlier I bought it used, but I have been getting books lately that I bought as used but when I get them they are obviously not used, but new books that had some sort of superficial damage that prevents them from being sold as new, such as this one, so it turned out to be a pretty good deal for me.
To save you (Joe Croft) from having to buy a copy yourself, I could tell you what it says:
1) The serpent is not a primeval Satan.
2) Ezekiel 28 about the king of Tyre is comparing him to Adam, not Satan.
3) Ezekiel 28 about the king of Tyre is not based on a story older than Genesis.
edit on 10-12-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

new topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join