It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fresh Water, Black Mica, scam?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
ATS had an ad to attend an online seminar about having the ability to clean water, remove toxins like flouride, ecoli, and other toxins from your water. Everyone attending was told not to share this information because the government does not want you to know, blah, blah, anyways it was about using a tincture made from black mica called adya clarity. So I bought some to see how it worked, visually it seemed great, add 2oz to a gallon of water. I tried it with Arrowhead water known to have the most flouride in it. After an hour I was pretty amazed, there was a layer of orange crap at the bottom of the water.

The way it works apparently is it magnetically pulls all the crap and metal in your water to the bottom leaving you with clear clean water and to add to the benefits it mineralizes your water as well where as reverse osmosis cleans your water but takes out the minerals too. Upon tasting the water I couldn't help but taste a sour lemon kind of taste almost salt like.

So I went back to the site to only find that they didn't sell it anymore and there was a note addressed to people that had bought it and reports of people getting sick. No refund was offered and if you go to the site (therawfoodworld.com) today there is no sign of it either, they stopped selling it and the note/disclaimer is gone as well. On the note, it talked about the possiblity that adya clarity could be found to be toxic and they're not selling it anymore.

I have yet to find any proof of adya clarity being toxic, nor have I found any proof of it being non-toxic. It was shown and told that it had the possibility to clean all bodies of water in the world and in the seminar there was a video of a filthy pond where the fish in it could not be seen from the surface. After a few hours of adding it, the pond was clear and the fish could be easily seen swimming around.

After I tried adding it to Arrowhead bottled water I tried adding it to a gallon of tap water. Where I live the tap water is not good and always has a milky look to it. Well after a few hours of adding it the water was crystal clear and there was a film of orange crap at the bottom again. The water still seemed to have that tap water taste to it along with a slight sour lemon or salt taste.

The reason I'm sharing what I wasn't supposed to share is that I'm a little pissed that it's not sold anymore and refunds are not availible due to the possible finding that it may be toxic. It's one of those things that seemed too good to be true or it could be a miracle that could save our really bad water situation??

Here are the links to research yourself, water and fluoridation of it have been a topic on this site and a personal quest of mine to get clean un-fluoridated water for a long time.

therawfoodworld.com - the site that used to sell it
www.adyaclarity.com... - the adya clarity site

If your unfamilar with this topic here are some great thread about fluoride and other crap that's in the water we drink

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 15-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If they are saying Mica is toxic, they may want to remove it from some toothpastes (used for polishing), and a lot of beauty products.....

Mica is hydrophilic and is used for filtration.

Hydrophilic membrane filtration is used in several industries to filter various liquids. These hydrophilic filters are used in the medical, industrial, and biochemical fields to filter such elements as bacteria, viruses, proteins, particulates, drugs, and other contaminates. Unlike other membranes, hydrophilic membranes do not require pre-wetting. Hydrophilic membrane fabric can filter liquids and water in its dry state. Although most hydrophilic membranes are used in low heat filtration processes, many new hydrophilic membrane fabrics are used to filter hot liquids and fluids.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
If someone has a few bucks, I know there are private labs that will test water samples and tell you whats in it. People with home well water may be more familiar than I am with the options but they're out there. Perhaps sending one pre- and one post- sample out to test would answer that question definitively.

If the stuff works, I'd sure want some myself...but I don't have the money to test just to answer a curiosity and I sure won't trust my health to a hunch on a product the makers themselves have removed from the market. Hmmm... I would love to see test results though.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
here's some other info on it. Sounds pretty scary.

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

It really seems to work visually speaking seeing the bottle has a orange film at the bottom of brand new arrowhead bottle and the adya clarity is clear as well. I just seem to taste something different than what my mind expects fresh water to be and they may be the problem. When they talk about it in the seminar they say it's natural as many underground water sources are filled with the magnetic black mica, in that sense in makes it seem like it's natures way of cleaning the water. This could really be the solution to the worlds water problems. Free clean water for everyone.

My cousin is a hydrologist (water scientist) and I've become interested in it because of her. I have everything available to test water. The tap water where I'm at (Southern California) is a bit above normal pH levels about 7.0 and a ppm (parts per million) of 390-400, I also have a reverse osmosis filtration system and the water is closer to 6.0-6.5 and a ppm of 14, but reverse osmosis filter also takes minerals out of the water. Testing a cup of Arrowhead water treated by adya clarity was 6.5 and at most a ppm of 4!

This could be huge, what could be better to invest in than gold in a failing economy, what keeps people alive the longest, what are we predominately made of, water. It seems too good to be true, but it also seems to be blocked and taken from public knowledge getting removed from store and claimed as toxic with no proof either way.

I try to think of everything with an open mind but staying very skeptical at the same time. From my tests it seems to be legit but the taste is different, do I know what clean water tastes like? Do any of us? I love the water from the reverse osmosis but that's the carbon part that makes it taste good but I want the healthiest water without fluoride and all the crap that's in it, I think everyone does whether the know it or not.

Fluoride has been proven to "dumb" down people as used in nazi concentration camps. It builds up in your pineal gland and keeps people from being awakened to the world they exist in, compare it to a crazy house where the patients are drugged to make them complacent. I think everyone knows the state of the water situation and those more knowledged know fluoride a nuclear and metal manufacturing byproduct is being pumped into the water and needs to stop.

Black mica may be the solution, it may not but I believe that it is well worth testing but testing is usually done by TPTB owned companies so will we ever know?
edit on 15-11-2011 by mileslong54 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vardoger
here's some other info on it. Sounds pretty scary.

www.naturalnews.com...

That does sound bad, I don't know what to think about it there is stories on both sides contradicting each other, I think for now there is probably no clear cut answer.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Vardoger

I was reading more of the link you posted which I really appriciate and amoung the scary stuff they add this at the bottom....

Third, if you bought Adya Clarity merely to cleanse water due to its coagulation action, then it will obviously still function in that way, and there's no need to return it or ask for a refund. It can conceivably function as an emergency water filtration technology.

Well that's what I bought it for and it does seem to work visually and after testing it seems to be the purest water a can find. What bothers me is the crap at the bottom of the water that builds up. How do you get that out?

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Further down there was this....

My 15 concerns about Adya Clarity
In all, this investigation into Adya Clarity (also called "black mica extract" or Themarox) has left me with numerous concerns that I consider to be quite serious. Here are my top 15 concerns:

#1) I am concerned that Adya Clarity is mined just a few dozen miles from the Fukushima nuclear power complex that recently suffered a meltdown and spewed radiation into the atmosphere. I would hope that the supplier of Adya would publicly post a verifiable radiation test report to dismiss any such concerns about possible radiation contamination.

#2) I am concerned that the founder of Adya, Inc. describes Adya Clarity as a "food" when it is clearly not a food but rather derived from a collection of mined minerals combined with sulfuric acid.

#3) I am concerned that the concentration of aluminum in Adya Clarity appears to have been hidden from customers on the label by listing it in "trace minerals" when in fact it is the second most common element in the product, just after iron.

#4) I am concerned that the Adya Clarity manufacturer has such poor quality control measures in place that they admittedly shipped out a very large number of mislabeled Adya Clarity products -- and then did not feel any obligation to alert customers to this mislabeling.

#5) I am concerned that Adya Clarity is being marketed for internal consumption when there is no clinical evidence or even published scientific papers that have been made available to NaturalNews which supports the safety of the Adya Clarity product for internal consumption.

#6) I am concerned that the high level of iron in Adya Clarity may result in acute iron toxicity in some individuals who take "super shots" of Adya, especially if they are genetically predisposed to iron toxicity.

#7) I am concerned that Adya Clarity is imported as "battery acid" but sold as a health supplement for internal use.

#8) I am concerned that the level of aluminum in Adya Clarity may present a health hazard when consumed on a regular basis, as aluminum is well known to potentially accumulate in the human body and contribute to a variety of neurological disorders. We do not yet conclusively know this to be a fact, but neither do we know it to be safe, and that's the point. We should follow the "precautionary principle" when considering the internal consumption of non-food items containing concentrations of aluminum or other metals known to exhibit potentially harmful effects.

#9) I am concerned that when asked why he did not list the concentration of aluminum on the Adya Clarity label, the founder of the company told me, essentially, "Because I didn't want to." To me, this indicates a callous disregard for full disclosure to customers and a reckless abandonment of fundamental ethical principles that should always be present when marketing nutritional supplements labeled for internal use.

#10) I am concerned that the Material Safety Data Sheet (MSDS) I received from Adya Clarity appears to be nothing more than a non-official Word document and does not resemble the traditional MSDS documents typically accompanying hazardous substances. as a Word document, it could have easily been modified or edited to eliminate information that the importer did not want other people to see, in much the same way that the label was designed to avoid listing the concentration of aluminum.

#11) I am concerned that both children and expectant mothers may be especially at risk due to high consumption of both iron and aluminum, and yet there are no warnings or cautions that accompany the Adya Clarity product which would reasonably inform a pregnant women (or a mother of a child) to exercise caution in the use of this product.

#12) I am concerned that the unsubstantiated health claims being used to market Adya Clarity cast a shadow of doubt over the entire natural products industry which, in most cases, sells very safe, effective and well-documented products for consumption.

#13) I am concerned that in a time when most of us are trying to remove heavy metals, aluminum and other contaminants from our water (fluoride, BPA, etc.), Adya Clarity is being sold with the message that we need to add something to our water -- something that contains aluminum. This is especially concerning given that aluminum is one of the adjuvants used in vaccines, which is one of the reasons informed consumers seek to avoid vaccine injections.

#14) I am concerned that those who are marketing Adya Clarity did not exercise fundamental due diligence in determining the evidence-based safety of this product before marketing it for internal use.

#15) I am concerned that the Adya Clarity label contains no warnings about iron consumption and no warnings for cumulative aluminum consumption.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
Yea I read the whole thing before posting it.
It is only Mike's view on it and he does tend to go over the top sometimes. However he does state his sources most of the time.

Just try to stay clear of the stuff on the bottom I guess? I dunno, like you said there are for's and against's out there.

posted on Nov, 16 2013 @ 05:45 AM
link   
reply to post by mileslong54

I found another source still selling black mica filter systems, etc..

Be warned, the link is to his boring webinar where you have to listen to him talk about flouride and other crap for a few minutes etc. But if you try and click out and leave you can immediately go to the report page with all the documentation and sales and filters and all that crap... I honestly did not stick around to see prices or anything was just clicking through after I saw this thread.

Anyway here is the link, let me know if it helped you:

black mica filter seller

Hope it works, looked funny when I copied the link, lol...

the bot

new topics

top topics

join