It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Snipers are last straw

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
This is a letter on the website of the Irish/Sunday Independent today. Most people outside Ireland won't grasp the significance of the sheer craziness and unbelievable way this country is being run and has/is been destroyed by incompetence in the recent past.

www.independent.ie...

Poverty stalks the land and business closures abound as unemployment and crime grow steadily. This writer points out certain injustices that are being accepted by the sheeple of Ireland as the architects of our destruction walk off into the sunset with six figure pensions.

Our Government won't admit that they are powerless and enslaved to their financial masters while we are being bled dry. The most disturbing aspect is regarding the weapons that the Irish (Supposedly Neutral) army are getting for Christmas. I fear that these sniper rifles are in case the natives get restless. In December even more cuts to already stretched services are to be announced, I believe that our debts are unsustainable and the hardship will strike hardest at the most vulnerable. It's gonna end in tears.

Here is a transcript of the letter:

[size=2
Sir -- Last week's Sunday Independent spread its cards across the tables and what it told me made me nearly weep. We headlined with the intended appointment of the secretary general of the Department of Finance to a plum job in Europe... after his watch oversaw the not inconsiderable mislaying of €3.6bn. We then find that the cost of speed cameras cost the fools, sorry, the taxpayers, €45k per day. On the other hand the Department of Education wants to abolish 2,000 teaching posts. The Sunday Independent then confirms that Nama has been paying developers over €200k per year. We are informed that they are to become consultants to those who wish to buy their properties which have bankrupted a nation and disgraced us throughout the world. While we can pay two developers €200,000 per year, we can only fund 14 operational gardai for west Dublin on Halloween night. And on the same page we have confirmed to us by Mr Shatter that the gardai are indeed reverting to fire brigade tactics with the intended closure of 200 rural police stations. Get it, 14 gardai in west Dublin on the busiest night of the year, but €200,000 each for two developers. That shows the coalition's priorities. Finally, before I broke down completely, I read that the Irish Army was to purchase sniper rifles at a cost of €8,000 each. And I ask myself this question: for what and for whom? Who does an Irish soldier want to snipe from a world record distance? Are we now reduced to that? The headline on the Sunday Independent screamed that the old cannot afford to boil a kettle. But a government presided over by an idiot can pay off a criminal bank's lunatic loans. The same government wants to send one of its "finest" finance gurus to Europe after his department failed to account a €3bn paper loss. This government wants the rural folk to pay too for an inspection on their septic tanks, but have no difficulty in paying premiership wages to some of those who have left a trail of wanton wreckage across our economy and building sites. And now they want to give our army a toy at the cost of €8,000 each so some poor gob#e can be shot at a distance of a mile and a half. There are many people struggling in this cesspit of a nation that might offer suggestions as to how that gun or its cost might be put to better use. And when the soldiers and their brass lift out the "toy", please spare a thought for some poor old devil who is afraid to turn on the electricity because of the cost. Read the papers and weep for our nation, but give thanks that someone at least highlights the sham for what it is. John Cuffe, Dunboyne, Co Meath

14 operational police officers on duty in West Dublin on Halloween night?

Wait till that becomes common knowledge among the criminal class in West Dublin, yeeehaw! its Wild West time.
I'm so angry I had to post this thread.
edit on 13-11-2011 by HumansEh because: resizing

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
At 8,000 Euro's a copy, I'm going to take a guess here. They're buying .50 Barret rifles or the mind numbing 20mm (yeah... I didn't typo..20 MM) sniper rifles. If it's anything below .50, I'd demand a refund and criminal investigation... For the bigger ones though, that would be about right. Civilian models of the Barrett run $5,000-$12,000 retail, so it does sound about right.

Why have them? It's the most effective man portable means to stop a vehicle up to light armor. It actually makes good sense for any military, although police would leave me shaking my head. I agree with the OP that the timing is enough to leave anyone a bit confused though. Perhaps when wars aren't winding down and economies aren't on the verge of collapse would be a better time to requisition the latest 'toys for the boys'.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by HumansEh
Most people outside Ireland won't grasp the significance of the sheer craziness and unbelievable way this country is being run and has/is been destroyed by incompetence in the recent past.

I don't know about other readers, but I'm one of those who doesn't (and probably won't be able to) grasp the FULL significance. I think in order to appreciate the issues in national governments, you have to live there. Much like I imagine people in other countries don't grasp the full frustration of the corrupt and incompetent American government system.

Nonetheless, my sympathies.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Ireland needs to remove the Eurocentrist and Globalist.. they've sold Ireland to the highest bidder.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by HumansEh

Ireland needs to remove the Eurocentrist and Globalist.. they've sold Ireland to the highest bidder.

that my friend is about 110% correct!! unfortunatlly

i am shocked really to hear we are buying 8k a pop sniper rifles, am this is Ireland here, we hardly have an army at all, were a neutral country in the middle of a recession/depression with big budget cuts cumming up next month, and we are buying sniper rifles??
i dont get it at all!!

and i just read yesterday too that the TD's got €3m added for their salaries for next year,

all this while the average irish middle class person can hardly afford to have food on the table, have electricity and keep a roof over their head, never mind any luxury items like a holliday or that.

its a sad state of affairs this world has become!

the only words i can describe this country is "SOLD OUT to the highest bidder"

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
That's what the Irishes sheeple get for being distracted by crap TV shows from Britain like So You Think You can Dance?

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by eldard

ya im sure that is the true cause of why were really are in this mess

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
"well now lad, if your gonna take a tank out... the a 20mm will do" It seems your up for a thrush once more , with your masters the Brits, you should have an army by now if not well then, the Brits are leading you to a trap. just my take on this for I am part part part Irish.

new topics

top topics

join