It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thank you ATS.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I just wanted to tell everyone on here, that I am truly appreciative.

One would think that a conspiracy theory website would be the worst place to come and look for answers if you're already pretty paranoid. And I admit, I am a slightly paranoid person. But in fact, this website and its members have been some of the best medicine for my paranoia.

I respect everyones opinion on here. Almost all of the the posts I've read, even if I've disagreed, are well presented, thought out and clearly from someone with intelligence, that chooses to think for themselves.

I felt the need to start this thread because as I said, I'm a logical but slightly paranoid person. If I let my paranoia go unchecked, I can get into some strange territory. Well, that's what was happening to me the other morning, and ATS saved the day.

I was awoken by a phone call from a family member who was just a tad concerned about the EAS test that was supposed to happen at 2 PM. She tried to downplay her anxiety, but mentioned that my aunt had called her and said something BIG was going to happen and that it wasn't just a test, it was going to be a complete national planned power outage. I got up to Google the info for her, as my aunt almost always has the wrong information.

I found a couple of threads on other websites that played into doom and gloom scenarios and confirmed that not only was my aunt correct, but that it just happened to be the day that YU55 was closest, and the day of some possible solar storms with absolutely zero evidence to back it up. I don't know if it was because I was half asleep, but my stomach burned, I felt sick and to be honest, a bit scared. I sat staring at the computer and for just a brief moment my brain went to a really dark place.

Then...I thought about ATS. They deny ignorance. "Surely, they would be on top of this", I said to myself. I came here, and read through a couple of threads and the comments. The comments, from you lovely ladies and gentlemen, brought me back to reality. Each of you adding more and more logic and clarity to the situation, (and providing links to back your stuff up). I snapped back. I felt more relieved. I was able to cite legitimate articles to my relative, putting her mind at ease as well.

I know this may not seem like a lot, but it really helped. And I felt I owed it to you guys to say thanks, and share with each of you that the things you say can be a big help to someone.

So, to conclude, Thank you, again, ATS.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Woot. ( yes I had to imply obnoxious happy gamer cry)

I hope that you take the knowledge in this site, and sift it to find the truths and fallacies.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Alchemicflames

Oh yes, I mean, of course there have been times I've seen doom threads on ATS. It's just that this site doesn't cater to that kind of mentality, the way a lot of other sites do. This site is about proof, or at least having verifiable evidence to back up what you say. And I respect that.

As I said, I may disagree with what someone says, but I respect that people feel free to share it here, and for the most part do it in a civilized, coherent way!

But...Woot! (fellow gamer)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
And that is precisely why I enjoy this site; not too many illogical people running around with heads cut off saying the sun is going to explode tommorrow ( which is entirely an exaggerated example, and the sun isn't going to explode for a very long time) but, people have proof. I read on this one part, about the planet nibiru. SOMEONE, brought proof, via mathematical calculation. For all to see. brave, and also logical.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:30 PM
link   
I do have one question though, as I am new to everything except reading the threads on here. What are the flags? and also, may I "add" you? You are interesting.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:36 PM
link   
thats right ! pics or it didn't happen here ! lol

Yes ats great tool to help clarify a story that seems foggy at first sight

It can get ugly sometimes but hey a wise man once said truth will set you free , but first it will piss you off!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Sure.

You flag a thread that you like, or find interesting. It's essentially just upvoting or "bumping" the thread.

And yes, you can add me as a friend. You seem pretty interesting yourself, (yes, I creeped your profile). You'll be my first ATS friend! Woot!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
ats has way too many level headed people.
in the interest of fairness, for every 30mins on ats i force myself to spend 30 mins on a GFL website.
edit on 12-11-2011 by lacrimosa because: spooling

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by yourboycal2

I hadn't heard it before, but I absolutely love that quote.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by lacrimosa

Well, it's good to get info from several sources. But too many level headed people? I don't believe in such a thing!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   
Uhh. I consider myself new here also. But after the last two months or so I have to say we might need more level headed people here. The predictions that have been posted are just way out there. And most are posted as a certainty but backed by absolutely no proof.

My vote. Yes we do have level headed people....but....me could use some more.

Cheers

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
reply to post by subcsailor

Some people are out there for just attention, but, you find those on every site out there that is any bit remotely similar to this one. We need people who strive farther to get the facts from mountains of rubbish, not just on this site, but in the real world.

new topics

top topics

join