It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eschaton - Leaving History Behind

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I found the following video by Terrance McKenna, to contain a certain prophetic reasonableness, which points to the "backaction" presence of a transcendant "Omega Point" (Tielhard de Chardin) Eschaton at the end of time and history.

Is it possible that creative processes eminate, not from the past, but are organized from the perspective of an absolute transcendant imagined future object which serves as the originating and catalysing cosmogenesis of all life, and who's sole purpose, as least as it relates to us as human beings, is to redeem our very place in the whole of creation as that creative process' highest (most recent) expression in the fullness of time and cosmic evolutionary history?

Have we reached the Eschaton? Can we sense it's presence?

Is something that we cannot even begin to fathom, being an entirely novel form, our last best hope for a better world?

If so, what CAN be known about it, if anything, and can it's very existence be determined with any degree of certainty?

Is just such an object now approaching, and are we perhaps on the very cusp of it's "event horizon" or have we already passed that point?

There can be little doubt that the preexisting "arrow of civilized progress" did not lead to absolute civility. Could there be another arrow, and if so, what can and ought we be doing to help fashion it, and to what direction shall it point? Do we have any say in the matter, or will the great work simply be done to us, without or without our help and our cooperation?

I think he's right, that the work is to redeem the idea that man is good and then to pursue that ideal with everything we've got until it is realized, both individually, collectively and by extension, globally.

Like McKenna, I think it's inevitable, and indeed at some fundamental level is already here, in the very presence of the present.

Best Regards,

NAM

edit on 12-11-2011 by NewAgeMan because: edit

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
There is no nourishment in the dead bones of this long dead civilization, nothing of susbtance.

We then to a one are not unlike the prodigal son who, in a distant land working for an unscrupulous owner, finding ourselves eating pig pods without any nourishment, come to our senses and think to ourselves that as but mere servants on our fathers farm at home, we would at least have enough to eat, and sustain ourselves.

I hope we have the courage to rise and begin to make the journey home.

Since nothing else offers any hope, vitality or creativity, what other option is there?

Perhaps the time has come..

It sure would be nice to see the existing system and way of being and thinking fast crumble as we walk boldly into a new age of reason and grace..

One thing is sure - whatever it is, or looks like, it won't be as Terrance said, a continuation of "business as usual"!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by NewAgeMan
There is no nourishment in the dead bones of this long dead civilization, nothing of susbtance.

It sure would be nice to see the existing system and way of being and thinking fast crumble as we walk boldly into a new age of reason and grace..

One thing is sure - whatever it is, or looks like, it won't be as Terrance said, a continuation of "business as usual"!

I agree, sadly though walking boldly into a new age of reason might be a little optomistic and romantic.More like dragging ourselves hungry and under constant attack for resources while disease, hunger, robbery, rape, murder and violence mar our every step to the new dawn of enlightenment. It won't be an easy or well populated journey to the fabled land of peace and enlightenment.
And certainly not business as usual.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HumansEh

Either way, come hell or high water.

Population? Me I'm praying for a 10 billion unit global "baby", as the maximal sustainable threshold (we've got lots of resources but they are poorly utilized).

Don't wish for the worst, that's all I'm saying. Maybe it's a purely spiritual/psychological realization and recognition, as it's "first/last" cause?

Point is, we don't know, and even still anything and everything is possible, let it be for the best, not the worst.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by NewAgeMan

I'm kinda thinking that not all will notice and those who do, will notice many different things.
And those who don't will say no you don't and slap ya up side the head.
Some times I think it makes no sense to even talk about it as the simple idea that by talking about it in some way makes it more manifest, as if we have any effect at all other than the guidance of our own fates along lifes river.

new topics

top topics

join