It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Denver goes after Conservative BlogCon

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
DENVER OCCUPIERS STORM CONSERVATIVE BLOGGER CONFERENCE, 1 ARRESTED

The convention had apparently prepared by buying the leader of Occupy Denver a box of Milkbones. This is their leader Shelby:

The Occupiers screamed, “We are the 99 percent” to which the Blogcon attendees replied, “We want the dog!”

Aside from the typical mob tactics of OWS, and the fact that OWS claims it isn't politically motivated, there's nothing bad I have to say about this. This was just hilarious.
edit on 12-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Liberals don't get tu-berka-locus Projectavixen... thats a greedy cooperate disease, it comes from sharing and trading those stocks.

Shelby said humans are despicable. Come here Shelby... have you had your tb shots?

Did you see the video of the phone taping the phone that was taping the phone that took Shelby's picture?
Only in America

edit on 12-11-2011 by sweetliberty because: of a flea bite

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

I have to follow this thread. There doesn't seem to be anything in it that an OWS supporter can attack, so the responses should be interesting.

Although I suspect that the thread will largely be ignored because there appears to be no counter for it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I can only observe here that OWS is it's own worst enemy. It really is. If they stopped attacking everyone who disagrees and took just a little less time making sure they become everyone else's PROBLEM, then perhaps they could spend the necessary time looking at how they may be a part of the solution.

I love the videos though..Thanks for the catch. Sometimes, you just have to see it to believe it. This is sure one of those examples. Wow...

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

I don't think people want to admit that there's a leftist political bias in this movement. I hear it all the time here from the usual suspects.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
Most of you are correct. There is no way to defend such actions. But I do have some observations.

A teacher brings her students to a protest...on a Saturday? I guess she was a teacher at a private school in a very wealthy neighborhood. I don't know what to think about this. Was this a school sanctioned "feild trip"?

If you look at the Occupy Denver website, they had a march and other events planned at the capitol today but in no way mention anything about the blogcon event. So then why did 12, only 12, of these morons show up at this conservative event?

Unless we se some more evidence, I think this was either just a group of stupid Occupy Denver members, or this is a fabricated event. The Blogcon people knew it was going to happen, but I guess Occupy Denver did not.

I call shenanigans on this one!

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sheepslayer247

Was this a fabricated event too?

Occupying the Koch Brothers, Main Street Lobbies

OCCUPYING THE KOCH BROTHERS: Occupy DC protesters announced plans this week to demonstrate at a conference sponsored by the conservative advocacy group Americans for Prosperity, a non-profit conservative advocacy group funded in large part by libertarian businessmen Charles and David Koch.

Would it not stand to reason that they announced they would be there?

This is what happened there:

edit on 12-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Was this a fabricated event too?

Doesn't appear to be fabricated, but has nothing to do with the matter at hand. That event does not apply to Occupy Denver and does not address the points I made.

It may be Occupy Denver people making fools of themselves. I admit that and think they should be held responsible.

All I'm saying is that I see no evidence Occupy Denver took part in this event, did not say anything about it as far as I can find, yet the Blogcon folks knew about this days earlier?

How did they know before hand so that they could buy some milkbones, and make up a snappy response to "we are the 99%"....."we want the dog"! On the surface it seems staged.

The conservative blogs are blowing up and most of them state that they knew it was going to happen and that they were ready in the looby with video cams to catch it.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

The Denver Post provides a bit more information. There was an arrest, so I doubt it was fabricated. It was known about before hand because someone associated with Occupy twittered it.

Denver Post

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Ninety nine percent my arse, the number is more like 26% because they obviously don't represent 99%.
I doubt all the 1% were at the BlogCon.

Queston: What are all these ComicCon people doing at a BlogCon?

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
OK, I found the tweets talking about the protest at BlogCon. It appears the Denver Occupy folks are to blame here. Why did they enter the lobby and why did only twelve people show up?

Were there any people outside protesting?

I apologize Project.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

No need to apologize.

I just think it's important to get as many facts together as possible before making inferences.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Alxandro

Hey! No bad mouthing ComiCon.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Now no teacher i use to know would tolerate "unruly" behavior every teacher i have ever had was it was their way or the principals office you didn't sit down and shut up and be quiet and speak to when spoken to.

The nerve of that "teacher" preaching democracy? there is no democracy in HS and look at her backpeddal when the dude said would she take them to a TPM event.

Well at least we all know they wont "catch tb" from one if that was my kid i'd have that teacher fired which they wouldnt be.

That is wrong is so many levels.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by sheepslayer247
a group of stupid Occupy Denver members

Sorry, I had to highlight that one. It's like the beginning of a good joke: "A group of stupid Occupy Denver members...but I've repeated myself."

As far as the teacher and her students are concerned, I wouldn't be surprised if this was fully funded by the school, including lunch.

/TOA

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 05:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
Occupying the Koch Brothers, Main Street Lobbies

OCCUPYING THE KOCH BROTHERS: Occupy DC protesters announced plans this week to demonstrate at a conference sponsored by the conservative advocacy group Americans for Prosperity, a non-profit conservative advocacy group funded in large part by libertarian businessmen Charles and David Koch.

Americans for Prosperity, a non-profit

Man... "non profit" might have just become the most meaningless phrase in the English language. Thanks for sharing that, Project. I can only shake my head in wonder about how much profit it takes to buy a non-profit designation for tax purposes.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by TheWalkingFox

Indeed.

Non-profit initiatives by corporate interests are usually a good way to help write policy.
You'll get no argument out of me.

new topics

top topics

join