It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For the First Time, Lab-Grown Blood Is Pumped Into a Human's Veins

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
reply to post by Daedal

Remember nothing created in labs have ever been prof to be completely safe for humans as we humans were never made to go against the natural order of living things.

Everything that man creates to compete with nature turns into crap and poisons whatever it touches.

We weren't made in a purpose.
By that post I can tell you're religious or of the sort.

Evolution has no purpose, as it isn't an entity.
Humans give it a purpose, and it seems you've interpreted it wrong.

Evolution was stated by Charles Darwin as not survival of the fittest, or the strongest or most intelligent.
But those organism who are able to adapt to change the best.

Bacterias are number 1 in that area, then viruses... and humans are number 3. There's nothing wrong with adapting to change if it helps us.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Char-Lee

The problem is not the technology or growth, it is that these things are ruled by $$.

What do you do for a living?

How willing would you be to do it for free?

I've been authoring two - literal - books, for some time. One is a fan-fiction, and done purely for the sake of sharing some of my own mind's ramblings with others so that it may bring them some amusement. It was prompted by failure of the author/artist/creator to address some very serious developments in the relationship between characters.

The other one is a far more original story - and before it is done, it will be about the most complete and honest expression of myself as possible. You would know more about the workings of my mind and soul by reading this book than you would being married to me for 40 years. (Actually, it will be an entire series by that point). It's been over a decade in thought, and I've already written and re-written chapters - playing with different writing styles and perspectives. By time I have something ready to take to print - I would like to offer it at a reasonable price to people and get some kind of return on it.

Similarly - people who spend their time and resources developing things that others want and/or need want some kind of return on their time and effort. If it was easy, and any bratty high school student could have done it - it would be done on a routine basis and such a supply would make it cheap.

$$. It turns things in a whole different direction when men are profiting despite what they know about their fertilizers, growing methods, med.s, machines you name it.

Here is where you and I are going to go 'round and 'round.

Bluntly - you don't know what you're talking about. You are going to insist otherwise, and start pulling up links to various sites that base their content around two or three controversial studies criticized for poor controls and/or questionable methods.

Everything you use for the purpose of influencing the way your body behaves has an impact on your body. I am not feeling like digging through my encyclopedia of herbs - but there are more than a few of them that will cause damage to your liver, kidneys, and other organs if you consume them regularly. Many of the medications you draw issue with are -exactly- the same as they are found in many plants (they have merely been produced in a synthetic manner - but are chemically identical).

Fertilizers are much the same way - you aren't supposed to eat them, or even come into contact with many of them, as they are built of highly reactive compounds that are normally very disperse within the soil (in fact, -any- fertilizer can 'burn' the roots of a plant - either chemically, or thermally in the case of decaying material).

You have to learn to look at things for what they are.

I'll use a common example that I use often:

The Solanaceae family are well known for containing a wide range of alkaloids that are toxic to humans. On the minor side of things, they are enough to irritate migraine headaches. On the more serious side of things, they will put you into a coma within seconds with death following shortly after. Solanaceae are more commonly known as the "Nightshade" family, or "Potato Family" - and includes garden favorites: Eggplant, Potatoes, Tomatoes, and Peppers (of any variety). Petunias are also part of this family, and are quite common in floral setups.

en.wikipedia.org...

www.whfoods.com...

All of them contain alkaloids that are lethal if consumed in heavy doses - and the content varies by location on the plant, the season, and many other factors.

For some strange reason - people seem to have this idea that "Nature is better."

Look - I like a garden as much as anyone else, and am continually thinking of ways I can incorporate plants and natural cycles into engineering concepts. . . but you must have some respect for Nature, and the reality of nature is that it is just as deadly as anything else we are going to encounter.

We are used to an industrialized world, and are not often aware of what it actually does do for us. We get food from the store, and presume that food from the garden is just as readily consumable. We give a passing wave to the old traditions governing the preparation of food, having forgotten the very reason they began.

Try not to get too concerned about whether or not the potato you are eating was grown with the right fertilizer - mashing up a green one will be far worse for you.

And the same goes for this type of technology. The risk of problems from standard blood transfusions is considerably more than that of what would be produced via this method (known to be free of various pathogens or oddball contaminants).

<< 1   >>

join