It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Michigan Medicaid Pays SEIU Dues From Involuntary "Members".

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
SEIU siphons 'dues' from Mich. Medicaid payments

Imagine this, you are the parent of a medically disabled child. Medicaid allows you a stipend to be paid to you as a "caregiver". If you live in Michigan, this means that you have to pay union dues to the SEIU. You have no choice in the matter and the "dues" are withheld from your stipend and paid directly to the SEIU from Medicaid. You aparently recieve no benefits as a "member" of the SEIU, they just take your money, to the tune of over $6 million annually. Michigan law states that "caregivers" are automatically members of the SEIU.

A few years ago there was an attempt to make daycare providers and babysitters also become members of the SEIU along with the required dues payments, but, it was defeated.

The SEIU provides over $40 million per year to "support pro-labor Democrats". How much of that comes from "Involuntary Members"?

Are foreign and illegal workers funding Democrats' attack ads?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by JIMC5499

Imagine it...happens all the time..Here in Massachusetts I also work for the state and that's how your insurance is paid which is through the union dues regardless if you are a member or not...vision is also part of the union package. I suspect that its easier for HR to allow this to happen possibly because you may pay a lower rate being part of a large group...not sure but you can decline union representation but again you still have to pay the dues..rediculous I agree but now that I am in managent I'm getting tired of hearing upper managment refering to all of us as at will employees when we bring up issues that are not popular...union is not such a bad idea come to think about it.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by chrismarco

Read the article. There are no union benefits for these people. No insurance, no nothing. If there were benefits associated with "membership" maybe it wouldn't be so bad. As you said, where you are, membership is voluntary, in Michigan it isn't.

new topics

join