It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Article- "An Unbelievable Ark Of The Covenant Announcement"

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
After all the talk of the Ark being in Ethiopia, this new announcement is pretty interesting (if accurate):

Reports are cropping up that the fabled Ark of the Covenant, said to contain the remnants of the Ten Commandments, has been discovered along with the Tomb of Alexander the Great on the Greek island of Thasos.

The Focus Information Agency, a Bulgarian outfit not exactly renowned for accuracy, is reporting that Grekomania.ru, a Russian web portal that purports to be an "official information partner of the Ministry of Culture and Tourism of Greece," has claimed that a group led by Nikolaos Kumardzis, an archeologist apparently unaffiliated with any other dig, has identified one of the world's great treasures. At least one Armenian newspaper is running a similar story.

What more confirmation could anyone possibly want?

Thasos, which is near Macedonia, has long been rumored as the potential resting place of Alexander the Great, who died in Babylon in 323 BC after conquering Persia and consolidating Eurasian power. The connection between the great military leader and the ten commandments -- none of which he could truly be said to have followed -- is unclear, which makes the news that they were discovered together even less credible.

That being said, the Ark of the Covenant has inspired travelers and explorers for hundreds of years and is likely to continue to do so. It is worth remembering that pilgrimages remain part of the modern travel culture and that visiting relics or searching for them is quite popular in much of the world.

Source

The article seems pretty clear that the source is questionable, but it's worth discussing. For many years I’ve heard a lot of prophecy watchers state that they believe the Ark of the Covenant will be found right before the Tribulation, mainly because they believe it will be required for the Jews to complete the 3rd temple and reestablish the prophesied temple worship. A lot of people question whether it even exists anymore, since it was solid gold it wouldn’t be surprising if it was melted down after having been captured. But this particular rumor is interesting because it is plausible that Alexander the Great took possession of the Ark. Alexander the Great intended to sack Jerusalem and was met by priests on the road there and he was shown prophecies from the Book of Daniel (written 250 years before his reign) that specifically predicted his era of power, and he was apparently so shocked at the accuracy of what he was shown that he fell to his knees (see a synopsis of the passages here). He reportedly spared Jerusalem as a result of this encounter.

While it is not documented, it is possible that Alexander was given the ark in exchange for sparing Jerusalem, and also for safe-keeping since the priests felt Jerusalem would eventually fall (since it was stated in prophecy) and since Alexander was the most powerful man in the entire world. His reign was 336-323 BC. The 2nd temple was built in 350 BC and destroyed by the Romans in 70 AD. According to the writings of the secular historian Josephus, at the time the temple was destroyed the Roman leader Pompey the Great entered the “holy of holies” (where the ark was kept) expecting to find a statue of God and instead found the chamber to be empty. So it’s known that the ark was removed sometime during the period of the 2nd temple, but no one knows exactly when.

If this report is accurate (seems to be a big "if") and the Ark has been found, it would be a very interesting convergence of history and prophecy. The Jews have been rebuilding all the temple appurtenances for years now and have pretty much built them all at this point. They’ve also created all the priestly garments and have been training priests to reestablish temple worship. They haven't been doing this in secret, in fact they have a web site with photos and descriptions:

www.templeinstitute.org... (click on "Museum" to see photos of the appurtenances and priestly garments)

It’s even rumored that they’ve built most of the temple structure itself in prefabricated modules . Supposedly if they could get their hands on the original ark then they’d immediately seek to build the 3rd temple, thus fulfilling a significant prophecy dealing with the end times. Discovery of the original Ark would be a pretty incredible prophetic development.
edit on 11-11-2011 by SavedOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
This already threaded mate. Its tosh!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by RP2SticksOfDynamite

This already threaded mate. Its tosh!

Where? Before posting a did a search for "Ark of the Covenant" and just turned up some older threads. I also reviewed the newer threads in this forum and didn't see it. Apparently I wasn't thorough enough!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by SavedOne

The article is a hoax because I know for a fact the Ark of the Convenant is not there.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5

The article is a hoax because I know for a fact the Ark of the Convenant is not there.

Would you mind sharing this "fact" with the rest of us?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

there is this one that I started:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'd be happy to see some more information come out on this and thank you for what you posted here.

This Intro thread also has some information in it regarding this, I havent read through the thread yet and it does sort of go off on a tangent but it has been getting some attention and there may be some good information buried within it:
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 11/11/2011 by iforget because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Thanks for posting this! I found it very interesting! If it is true then its just another sign that we are very close to the end of this age, but a huge and fascinating sign at that! Every day I am amazed by the things I see happening! The people that don't see it are the ones who purposely try not to see it.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Klassified

Not a chance in hell am I going to give you that information!

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Not a chance in hell am I going to give you that information!

Then my friend, as I have been told by others here at ATS. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence. And you don't seem to have any to substantiate your claim. So your statement is as moot as those I made with nothing to back them up.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   

Your response is quite normal under the circumstances and understandable but some things are just best left alone, especially pertaining to what does'nt belong to non-Israelites. Sorry, but thats the bottom line and please don't take offence.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   

Your response is quite normal under the circumstances and understandable but some things are just best left alone, especially pertaining to what does'nt belong to non-Israelites. Sorry, but thats the bottom line and please don't take offence.

No offence at all. There are several of us here that could tell the ATS community some things we know first hand. But it's useless, because we have no way to back it up. So we may as well be urinating in the wind. So I usually don't go there anymore.

especially pertaining to what does'nt belong to non-Israelites.

Gotta watch us goya. We're a wicked little bunch.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
There is just no way.

My board name is actually one of three names that Alexander's, mother used during her lifetime. Philip renamed her, Olympias and that is how history records her name. By digging deeper little known facts emerge.

Alexander died and his kingdom was split into four kingdoms (biblical). Alexander's body was to be brought back to Greece and more than likely to be burried in a place called Vergina. Ptolemy stole his body and took it to Egypt. As a mother, this was unnacceptable to Myrtale, her instincts kicked in and she waged a valiant effort to not only retrieve his body but to secure Alexander's childs position, as heir to the throne. All were murdered over the course of a few years, and with the exception of a few rumours of concubines with kids, the only blood relative of his that survived was a sister. She married into a kingdom somewhere in Africa.

Alexander's body became booty of war. To prevent anything to become booty in the first place you hide it. Many from the Roman empire claimed to see his body and loot his grave of his personal belongings (robe, ring, and armor) but with the final end of the Ptolmeric era his final resting place remains a mystery.

It's recorded that before he took the Persian empire, he made his way into Egypt through Gaza and that the priests of Jerusalem came out to meet him and he showed the utmost respect for them because of a dream he had. The priests of Jerusalem would have known through propheies such as Daniels what was coming on Jerusalem and would have most definately took measures to protect the ark so that it didn't become loot. God protects us by not letting things become idols over him, whether it's Alexander's body, Moses' body or the ark - make no mistake about it - he's in full control..

God is with us now and there is no need for the ark. Jeremiah 3:14-25
edit on 11-11-2011 by Myrtales Instinct because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   

I'm not going to admit nor deny what I know in regards to the Ark of Convenant except to say if I knew where is it is I'm not going to tell anyhow; let's just say it's in a safe place and only one particular man can open it anyhow.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Myrtales Instinct

One of Alexandria's relatives was the grandmother of King David and great grandmother to Solomon.

Just sayin......

top topics

join