It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lest we forget.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I wasn't really sure where to post this, but thought I'd post it here, if I'm wrong mods please feel free to move it..

This Sunday here in the UK will be remembrance Sunday, if I remember correctly, we don't have any of the lads left that fought in the first world war, the last one to die was Claude Choules, who died in May of this year.

I was born in Lancashire, and the youtube video I have linked here is a song written by, and performed by a Lancashire lad, mike Harding, I doubt very much that this thread will get many views, but for me, it is important that I post it.

Where I come from the "Accrington Pals", are and always will be heroes.

Have a listen.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Armistice Day. In the US, we now call it Veteran's Day. We celebrate it tomorrow. While we may have many differences, we also should not forget, that despite our breakup in 1776, the US and England have been staunch allies through some pretty horrific wars. And while atrocities may have been committed on both sides, the Allied side was at least the better alternative.
To the men who fought and died during World War I (and World War II)- Cheers! and thank you, sirs.

The 108th Cav, 141st Artillery, 156th Infantry and others from Louisiana went. I imagine our losses were nothing compared to yours.

Peace.

edit on 10-11-2011 by radosta because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

Rememberance day in Australia.
Lest we forget.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning,
we will remember them.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
reply to post by radosta

The 108th Cav, 141st Artillery, 156th Infantry and others from Louisiana went. I imagine our losses were nothing compared to yours.

They were all losses, in arguably the most pointless, and bloody war we have ever seen, the saddest thing is all these lads, from whatever nationality, marched to war, and didn't have a clue why they were doing it........they just went, because they were told to do so.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Argyll

This remembrance day I am also remembering those who are never mentioned on Nov 11th, the families broken by war. We rightly thank the soldiers and the fallen, but sometimes at the detriment of those who had to live with the consequences. Among others my fanily used to do little things for, I'm thinking in particular of a woman and her two daughters, whose husband and two sons were killed.

top topics

join