It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The abomination of zombification

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by B1ayneO

Absolutely not! I'm just pointing out that god is ok with capital punishment and slavery, therefore this voodoo ritual isn't quite so bad. The only thing left is sorcery which I don't think is defined very well in the bible, that I know of, but there are examples of holy people in acts that could be considered sorcery, therefore from a purely Christian assessment this doesn't seem quite so bad.

And the slavery referred to by zombification is more of a mental slavery from what I understand. So unless you can convince me that these people aren't willfully becoming slaves due to their own understanding of their religious dogma then it seems ok to me.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In my opinion, the only way these people are turning into "mindless walking menaces" is because they feel that they deserve it. Kind of like 'felons guilt'. They believe that it will happen so they--and not the voodoo priest/ess, make it happen in their own mind as a form of self-punishment, with outside reinforcement.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

OP Watch this video to get, what I think, is going to take place with this Zombie Mock Revival of The Dead that is gonna be done by the Illuminati.

I think God revealed to this lady what is gonna take place in the future and what we can do to fight off these creatures.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dudeawesome
reply to post by randyvs

In my opinion, the only way these people are turning into "mindless walking menaces" is because they feel that they deserve it. Kind of like 'felons guilt'. They believe that it will happen so they--and not the voodoo priest/ess, make it happen in their own mind as a form of self-punishment, with outside reinforcement.

Alright now you're talking to me instead of at me.

Pocky
I will watch and might I say you are right on time. You get it.
edit on 10-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   
I don't think that i will become a long nose its just I am one who needs first hand experience in a situation...not really one for blind faith seems kind of ignorant but that is just me

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Hehe. I had just made a thread about biblical zombies a few weeks back... and quoted the same verses in Matthew.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

Originally posted by randyvs
Matthew 27:51-53
“And, behold, the veil of the temple was rent in twain from the top to the bottom; and the earth did quake, and the rocks rent; And the graves were opened; and many bodies of the saints which slept arose, and came out of the graves after his resurrection, and went into the holy city, and appeared unto many.”

Like several other bits of info in the bible, this verse mentions something that is further expounded upon in other Christian writings that are not part of the bible itself, but were most likely widely known to early Christians. The point of having people come back from the dead after the crucifixion of Christ, was so they could share the story of the ‘Harrowing of Hell’ with mortal man, it certainly has nothing to do with Zombies:

(The Gospel of Nicodemus is an excellent read BTW, I highly recommend it…)

The Acts of Pilot: the Gospel of Nicodemus
PART II. THE DESCENT INTO HELL
This writing, or the nucleus of it, the story of the Descent into Hell was not originally part of the Acts of Pilate. It is -apart from its setting- probably an older document. When it was first attached to the Acts of Pilate is uncertain. The object of this prefatory note is to say that we have the text in three forms, [however, only the Latin A text will be given. For a complete listing of all three texts see M.R. James apocryphal New Testament].

.[Part I, cap. xvi, ends with words of the rulers of the synagogue, &c. All nations shall serve him, and kings shall come from afar worshipping and magnifying him. Part II, cap. i, runs on from this.

I (XVII)
1 And Joseph arose and said unto Annas and Caiaphas: Truly and of right do ye marvel because ye have heard that Jesus hath been seen alive after death, and that he hath ascended into heaven. Nevertheless it is more marvelous that he rose not alone from the dead, but did raise up alive many other dead out of their sepulchres, and they have been seen of many in Jerusalem. And now hearken unto me; for we all know the blessed Simeon, the high priest which received the child Jesus in his hands in the temple. And this Simeon had two sons, brothers in blood and we all were at their falling asleep and at their burial. Go therefore and look upon their sepulchres: for they are open, because they have risen, and behold they are in the city of Arimathaea dwelling together in prayer. And indeed men hear them crying out, yet they speak with no man, but are silent as dead men. But come, let us go unto them and with all honour and gentleness bring them unto us, and if we adjure them, perchance they will tell us concerning the mystery of their rising again.

2 When they heard these things, they all rejoiced. And Annas and Caiaphas, Nicodemus and Joseph and Gamaliel went and found them not in their sepulchre, but they went unto the city of Arimathaea, and found them there, kneeling on their knees and giving themselves unto prayer. And they kissed them, and with all reverence and in the fear of God they brought them to Jerusalem into the synagogue. And they shut the doors and took the law of the Lord and put it into their hands, and adjured them by the God Adonai and the God of Israel which spake unto our fathers by the prophets, saying: Believe ye that it is Jesus which raised you from the dead? Tell us how ye have arisen from the dead.
3 And when Karinus and Leucius heard this adjuration, they trembled in their body and groaned, being troubled in heart. And looking up together unto heaven they made the seal of the cross with their fingers upon their tongues, and forthwith they spake both of them, saying: Give us each a volume of paper, and let us write that which we have seen and heard. And they gave them unto them, and each of them sat down and wrote, saying: …

The Pseudopigraphal Books of Eden are also an excellent read…

As an ATS Staff Member, I will not moderate in threads such as this where I have participated as a member.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by defcon5

That is just an opinion and the best sense I can make of what God was doing here.

Thank you for the response defcon. For me, that sounds at the very least, like a far more educated opinion than my own. I'll find the time for the books as well. Excellent response.

edit on 11-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

There are no zombies in the Bible. A zombie is a soulless/spiritless reanimated body. A resurrected body has both spirit and soul.

It's comparing apples to pineapples.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

Resurecting bodies sure seems a lot like sorcery or witchcraft have your pick...Christians always find a way to justify what they believe in

besides its not like the bodies were actually resurected its just not possible.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by B1ayneO

Resurecting bodies sure seems a lot like sorcery or witchcraft have your pick...

You're absolutely right it does. The enemy always copies God. He wishes soooo bad he could be God, all he can do is mimic and imitate.

Christians always find a way to justify what they believe in

Everyone does. Moot point. You're just ranting now.

besides its not like the bodies were actually resurected its just not possible.

Arbitrary. Are you telling me I should not believe in something that science cannot verify, replicate, or observe happening today??

edit on 11-11-2011 by NOTurTypical because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

so just to make sure im getting your point you said the "enemy" tries to copy god? I am not sure what that has to do with the bodies being ressurected in the first place. Whether "god" did it or the "enemy" it would be sorcery...so your trying to say that god is a sorcerer???

And yes I am telling you it is strange to have blind faith in something that has no viable proof. If God was into making all these Amazing things happen why has he not done ANYTHING in the last oh we will say 2000 years. If he is all powerful, all knowing, all seeing, and all that jazz why hasn't he done anything to prove his existence?

I guess my point is Blind faith is ignorant!

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 06:19 AM
link   
jesus was a zombie, suddenly i am little intrigued by the bible

im sure it will pass

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join