It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EAS Test Failure in my area!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
And people want to put there lives in the governments hands via healthcare.The government does a terrible job at everything!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

... It was not a failed connection

TESTing... TESTing... TESTing... (activating 'Black Knight' down link)___PING)))))... PING)))))... PING)))))... )---> down link grid 'Ley Line'... lock on--->(connecting to Bio-Magnetic human mind digi-grid)... CONTACT!!!---> (CHRIST-CONSCIOUSNESS-GRID)--->LOCK-ON & ON-LINE
... standing by for... 'Mitochondrial Upgrade code sequence down load'---> HOLD PLEASE
... Ok I am back... Let's get .GOD-READY for 'star step' up... BUTT JOINT!!!... don't worry
... even though we never did this before... Well... maybe once
... I am sure everything will be "In God We Trust" just fine

Mr X-ULTRA/CAPTAIN... taking over the bio-ship-earth helm... TIME TO GET INTO THE (REVELATION 7:4-10
)... CHOSEN ONES SEATING ASsignMENTS & CHECK Ur HARNESS
 ... sorry for loud CAPPs... Just eXcited
... NOW THE REST OF YE-All... GET IN(well... ye-all are already all in
)... SIT DOWN... & SHUT UP

edit on 9-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: CME glitch... No big deal

edit on 9-11-2011 by CosmicWaterGate because: Forgot my Galactic Popcorn Junk food

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by BIGPoJo

i have that same tv, lol
didnt get anything here in dallas, was watching local chanels

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Email that my wife received, as she works for the city:

Per OEM’s PIO, the Emergency Test scheduled for today at 11:00 am did NOT occur in the State and you will be notified with updates as they come available.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by objectivist
And people want to put there lives in the governments hands via healthcare.The government does a terrible job at everything!!!!!!!!!!

This was a test designed to locate flaws in the system. As much as I like to diss on the government as well, this has nothing to do with the FEderal government.

What they did was a nation wide test. We know the local testing works since they are reuiired to test it on a monthly basis. A nationwide test has never been done.

If it were in true government form, then they would have bought the system before it was tested and then invested billions more when its found the system doesnt work.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
i did get a cellphone call about a cougar alert. i thought it was a prank at first, until 20 seconds later my wife got the same call. it was kinda weird

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Im in Indiana, it was on tv...dont know about radio. The weirdest thing happened too. Right after it was over, and I mean right after, I had to take a big dookie. Crazy.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dyzan
reply to post by BIGPoJo

i have that same tv, lol
didnt get anything here in dallas, was watching local chanels

That was the other goofy part. The nation wide test apparently had limited amounts of text that can scroll across the screen. One of the warning I saw noted that the begining, where it states this is only a test, was removed to make room for other info.

They should probably put that on the list of things to upgrade and fix.

Nothing like the EAS activiating for something legitimate only to find that the info on where to go and what to do is cut off.

Close enough for government work - Measured with a micrometer, marked with a crayon and cut with an ax.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dyzan
i did get a cellphone call about a cougar alert. i thought it was a prank at first, until 20 seconds later my wife got the same call. it was kinda weird

Its a reverse 911 system. It lets agencies put out important messages when the info ittself wouldnt warrant an EAS alert.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Technically it worked as its purpose was to TEST!
FEMA

The nationwide EAS Test is not a pass or fail measure, nor will it specifically test Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) compliant equipment (although CAP compliant equipment should pass the Emergency Action Notification [EAN] live-code in the same manner as legacy EAS equipment).

FEMA and its federal partners understand that improving the EAS is a process that takes time. IPAWS has compiled experiential lessons learned and best practices from the Alaska EAS Tests in 2010 & 2011 as well as through the EAS rebuilding effort and tsunami live-code test in the U.S. Virgin Islands (located in the EAS Tests and Demonstrations section). Laboratory research is also being conducted at IPAWS.

FCC

Although local and state components of the EAS are tested on a weekly and monthly basis, there has never been an end-to-end nationwide test of the system. We need to know that the system will work as intended should public safety officials ever need to send an alert or warning to a large region of the United States. Only a complete, top-down test of the EAS can provide an appropriate diagnosis of the system’s performance.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
You guys in the Pacific North West are toast! I got the test here in N. East Ohio although it seemed to last less than 30 seconds.

umm no, I live in Vancouver Canada and even I saw the EAS test on Kirotv and King5, washington states channels we get here.
it worked.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ChachiArcola

Hah...I love it when maintenance at work gives me a heads up that they're going to be testing the fire alarms...and there are no fire alarms.

Glad they're testing them before we need them!

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
Test worked in my area.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
The test wasnt for the system, the test was for the people.

To see who was pay attention and who wasnt. Who cares if there is a national emergency and who doesnt. If the census is that people generally did not care or acknowledge there was even supposed to be a EAS then they are a step closer to being able to drop doom whenever, unexpected.

Its another anthestic like television and other msm. You hear the warning shots, but you keep moving along like sheep not realizing, it just got real.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Downtown Dallas, Texas --- 12:55 pm CST, was listening to WRR FM radio station (our classical station that also airs city council meetings)... at a couple of seconds past 1:00, we heard official sounding buzzes and beeps, then what sounded like a wind machine for 30 seconds. No human voice. When the DJ came back on, she didn't mention the test at all and didn't say "what you just heard was only a test." It was weird, like they didn't even refer to it.

To me, the whole thing is a little spooky. I'm old enough to have heard the standard EBS tests all the way back to about 1960. They always, ALWAYS announced "this is only a test of the Emergency Broadcast System..." but today there was no announcement whatsoever. So, technically according to previous protocol, today's beeping, buzzing and dead air could have been interpreted as NOT A TEST. Very weird.

I guess I'm overly paranoid, but after that news earlier in the year that the head of NASA warned all the NASA staff to get their bug out bags and home emergency supplies in order and to have a family plan for disaster...
well, my radar has been up. Now, there's this strange test that seems to have not worked well at all in many regions of the country. I don't know, what's up with all this?

I've also been aware of the FEMA stockpiling this year, which has seemed like more "urgent" than normal and all the stuff about the vast network of underground bunkers, etc.

Also in the media a lot this year, various scientists and talk shows have discussed the entire USA power grid being knocked out semi-permanently if a coronal mass ejection hits our bullseye here in North America. I've been thinking a lot about survival supplies (I'm pretty well stocked) in the specific case of a power outage that might last many months. The other night, in thunderstorm weather (not surprisingly) the power went out on my whole block, but it was on just one street over, so no big deal. The outage lasted about an hour and during that time, I thought about what it might be like in a situation when it ain't comin' back on, folks. Battery or crank powered radios are great in an outage, but if we're in a real emergency, I don't know what would be on the radio --- dead air or the whooshing sound heard in today's test? No announcer?
edit on 9-11-2011 by switching yard because: typo

edit on 9-11-2011 by switching yard because: typo

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I was listening for it here in Los Angeles, listening to KLOS radio station, didn't happen.

Pretty lousy execution of what was supposedly a long time in the planning from our amazing government.

So How much faith do we now have in getting immediate information if something should really happen?

I think I'd rather rely on all you guys for the info.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
"A software glitch" was the reason that Oregon didn't get the test. Nice. One thing mentioned in the article that I found funny was this comment:

A spokeswoman for the state agency, Jennifer Chamberlain, says that if there were a real nationwide emergency, the Oregon system could relay the information.

So, is she saying that the same software that had the glitch for the test, just would have worked had there actually been an emergency. Hmmm, interesting. I am guessing they mean that they would have just used the local system, the EBS.

Source:
www.katu.com...

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
We got the test here in the Colorado Springs area. There was one thing that happened to my husband though who works as a civilian on one of the Air Force bases. He went to pump gas and all of the pumps were down for card use. When he went inside, he was told it was due to the EAS test.

<< 1   >>

join