It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lost Civilization Discovered in Sahara Desert

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
This kind of thing always makes me wonder about how much more we could possibly know about our history had records not been destroyed long ago, eg, the library of alexandria.

A good question... I am curious whats in the records at the Vatican as well as the Royal library (from back in the days) in Turkey (Paries Map).

I think its time that hidden / sealed records should be released so we can study and possibly fill in / correct gaps in history.

The suppresion of information and knowledge is just insane.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mitch555
We really have no clue as to our ancient past.

I wouldn't exactly say that. We know plenty. But way to insult every archeologist out there in one fell swoop. Very efficient.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by Mitch555
We really have no clue as to our ancient past.

I wouldn't exactly say that. We know plenty. But way to insult every archeologist out there in one fell swoop. Very efficient.

Scientists, Law Enforcement, military actions, foreign policy....
It happens and in some circumstances is not intentional - just poor choice of words.

However, when it comes to history there is a point to be made with his comment. There seems to be a refusal, for lack of a better word, to challenge already established and accepted beliefs. When information is present that may contradict the accepted facts, there seems to be a reluctance to revisit the topic and look for clarification.

Now, with that being said im not a member of the scientific community. If the revisists do occur then they really need to find a better way to communicate that to the public as a whole.

As it looks right now from this side of the fence it does appear that new info that could challenge accepted beliefs / research appaears to be silenced. What I mean by silenced is there is no real effort made to let the public know the info is being looked at, let alone any announcements that actually re-write history.

As I said, no offense intended, just pointing out my 2 cents on my perception of issues like this.

REspects

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 06:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
civilizations haven't really changed for thousands of years. 100 years ago we were still riding horses to get around.

then all of the sudden this technological boom. something's fishy here and it ain't the tuna.

For awhile I held similar sentiments. The truth is it was the free access of knowledge and the limiting of labor that enabled our technological rise. For eons, the rich/powerful and their select priest's horded knowledge. And this was also practiced to a lesser extent by trade-skilled people. In such a situation knowledge is lost easily and rarely expanded upon. Imagine if Newton and the other great minds of the Renaissance kept their works a secret to be passed onto their children only?

Technically we should be on the cusp of another big technology boom, but the rich are doing everything they can to hide knowledge(as they lose power from the free exchange of knowledge: Compare how much power the rich had in Feudalism to now?) in an attempt to hold onto whatever they got now.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join