It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mom's Harvest Haystacks

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   
This is the way my mom always taught me to make these, and I had no idea that they were not something she had made up until I saw a recipe on the back of a Toll House package, lol. My mom’s way, however bias it may be, is the best way and the easiest way of them all. It’s only three ingredients! My kid's LOVE these and I have made them for every occasion.

What you’ll need:
½ Box of plain Corn Flakes Double boiler*
1 Package of butterscotch morsels LARGE mixing bowl
½ 28oz container of crunchy peanut butter Wax paper*

How to make:
Melt butterscotch morsels and peanut butter together over medium heat until melted all the way. (With crunchy peanut butter it’s a little harder to tell when it’s melted all the way due to the peanuts) Melting on high heat will burn the mixture.

Put about 3 cups of corn flakes into a large bowl first, and then add the melted mixture.

Stir together adding a little more corn flakes as you go. You want to coat the corn flakes evenly but too few corn flakes will make hard stacks, too many corn flakes will make the stacks too loose.

Don’t worry about crushing the flakes, just mix quickly as the mixture will start to harden a little.

Spoon mixture on to the wax paper into little stacks. I make mine about medium size.

Set in a cool place to harden or place in the refrigerator. Once they harden you can moved them into a storage container. When it’s cool out, I put mine out on the porch in the shade for a few minutes, but I usually put them one sheet at a time into the fridge (faster). Keep them cold or they will melt!

Eat, but not to many, they WILL give you a tummy ache!

Enjoy!

*If you don’t have a double boiler you can simply fill a large pot with a little water then set a smaller one into the water. Don’t let the water get into your mixture!

*I lay my wax paper out on cookie sheets or cutting boards. That way it’s easy to transfer from counter top to fridge or where ever to set.

edit on 8-11-2011 by lilowl53 because: Bowl not Bowel! Hahaha!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   
They seem like they would be tasty.

But I have to ask some questions. How big is the container of crunchy peanut butter?

And..... Only asking this because someone else will if I don't.

Whose large 'bowel' do I have to put 3 cups of corn flakes into??? I guess I better pick someone that won't mind that sort of thing.

edit on 8-11-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
They seem like they would be tasty.

But I have to ask some questions. How big is the container of crunchy peanut butter?

And..... Only asking this because someone else will if I don't.

Whose large 'bowel' do I have to put 3 cups of corn flakes into??? I guess I better pick someone that won't mind that sort of thing.

edit on 8-11-2011 by butcherguy because: (no reason given)

LoL! They will eventually make it to your large bowel! LOL! Dumb spell check... I will change that.

Use half of a 28oz jar of Peanut butter.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lilowl53

Thank you!

new topics

top topics

join