It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

18 Years Missing - Aren't You Concerned About This?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by charles1952

Not sure if your christian but it would be good to get some christians words in to get there side of the story!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   

I'm not trying to get Bible thumpy on you, but it seemed the best way to respond.

Peter was being human. Most men would do the same.

So what is your opinion of Issa as a christian?

And that doesn't mean read other "authorities" opinon of it...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
The point of this thread is that no one, or at least most Christians, don't even care for the fact that the Bible, which is supposedly to be all knowing, doesn't even mention as to why those 18 years are unaccounted for and millions, if not billions, of people go on almost like it doesn't even matter.

Let's say hypothetically, I'm this man who many are suppose to follow and I claim to be the righteous one sent by God 'himself' and I went missing for just 5 years, wouldn't you at least wonder and seek for what I was doing while I was gone? Wouldn't anything that I may have experienced during those 5 years seem of at least somewhat important to those who followed me? What if I told my followers that those 5 years are of no concern to them and that they should continue following me even though they have no idea of how I became so spiritually inclined during those 5 years?

I'm not saying that Jesus had any intentions for these 18 years to be unaccounted for but seems to me that TPTB don't want this information to get out or else they couldn't hold on to the grip that they have had on us for so long. What if we knew how he became so spiritually inclined that humanity could use these experiences to become even more spiritually inclined so that we wouldn't dwell on such petty things as Jesus had tried to teach us from the beginning?

I don't see how this is not that easy to understand. Quit throwing out all your religious rhetoric and discuss what is at hand because this is the most important part that Christians need to understand and it's not wrong to question the 'Truth' because as you all can tell, Truth is ever-changing.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Puppet27Master

[quoteSilly man So a man who is suppose to lead the way yet 18 years of his life are unaccounted for, at least in the Bible, and this is of no concern to you? Very limited views you live by. Christianity, or any other religion for that matter, is but a stepping stone. Think outside the box for which the church has put you. It's quite simple, just think of it like a story you were reading as a young child as if you were being re-conditioned all over again and may you see the light. Reach out from underneath that Thumb they have you under and finally begin your journey to self-enlightenment.

From the Opening Post, where you requested rational thoughts, I took that to include courteous thoughts. I see I was mistaken.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I stand before you naked in my ignorance. Until this thread I had not heard of Issa. But I respect your opinion and will look into it.

At first glance, I'm surprised that His followers wouldn't have been told about His travels and didn't mention them, but that's certainly no proof they didn't happen.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by charles1952
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

I stand before you naked in my ignorance. Until this thread I had not heard of Issa. But I respect your opinion and will look into it.

At first glance, I'm surprised that His followers wouldn't have been told about His travels and didn't mention them, but that's certainly no proof they didn't happen.

With respect,
Charles1952

haha... its ok man, just give it a read and tell me what you think

Sadly we don't have much information about Jesus... theres no way to say what he did and when he did it... or who he might have met or taught... Its nothing but speculation.

But like i said either way its a good read... if its Jesus it definately shows him in a different light.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
I thought it was well known that in those 18 years he ran Yesua's Hummus Ears in India but branched out quickly with booths in both Tibet and Hong Kong.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
There are many years of my life i don't want to talk about either.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Puppet27Master

The focus is on His gospel, not His early childhood life and times. He began His teaching about age 30, that's the point of the gospel records to tell what Christ said and did during His ministry.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
There is evidence, but I don't have it at hand [I'm at work] that Jesus spent quite a bit of time in Parthia. One of the early church fathers found a letter to Jesus in some archive, written by a King Abgar, a Parthian vassal. He begged Jesus in the letter to come and heal him, but in His reply, also in the archive, Jesus declined, but promised to send help later. All this from old documents which sceptics will surely not accept. However, it seems that Abgar almost went to war with Rome when he found that his Friend had been crucified... These Parthians, mentioned in Acts, were Israelites of the Dispersion, and may well have been the "other sheep" which Jesus mentioned.

Another thread of evidence points to Cornwall. You see, Jesus' great uncle [wow, I'm so bad with names - you know, the fellow in whose tomb Jesus was buried] held the tin mining concessions in Cornwall, and so he was one of the richest men of his time. Jesus may well have travelled there with his great-uncle, and local folklore supports it.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

Dear Akragon,

Thank you for pointing me to Issa, but I must admit that even though I've learned more I don't know any more.

There's been some criticism of the book about Issa, but whether to believe Notovitch or Goodspeed? I don't know what criterion to use, except, perhaps that Notovitch has the burden of proof and seems to be struggling with it.

These and other criticisms Notovitch sought to answer in his preface to the London edition (1895):

"The truth indeed is that the verses of which I give a translation in my book are probably not to be found in any kind of catalogue, either of the Tandjur or of the Kandjur.

They are to be found scattered through more than one book without any title; consequently they could not be found in catalogues of Chinese or Tibetan works."

With these extraordinary observations the "Life of Issa, Best of the Sons of Men," seems to evaporate and vanish away. For if its parts exist only thus scattered, the order and structure of the work are evidently the contribution of Notovitch himself, and the "Life" as a whole is his creation. This much he admitted.

As it was, Notovitch seemed to have taken refuge from his critics in a fog of indefiniteness. In his first preface he spoke of the monastic libraries as " containing a few copies of the manuscript in question." But later it was of no use to look for the manuscript, he intimated, for there was no manuscript; and he lightly referred serious students of his supposed discovery to " verses scattered through more than one book, without any title."

This is not the method of sober scholarship.

Issa a hoax?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

It seemed to be like the Bible though with a few quirks , if this was really his story , it would be awesome.

But i read some more things on the site and it mentioned karma ... which i dont believe in (within reason ; do unto others , you would have others do unto you). Sin is sin , and your dead either way and i saw reincarnation also ... which i dont believe in.

Hmm , dont know.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
reply to post by Akragon

It seemed to be like the Bible though with a few quirks , if this was really his story , it would be awesome.

But i read some more things on the site and it mentioned karma ... which i dont believe in (within reason ; do unto others , you would have others do unto you). Sin is sin , and your dead either way and i saw reincarnation also ... which i dont believe in.

Hmm , dont know.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

well my friend you can chose what you believe, as we are all free to do. I can tell you for a fact Karma exists... and you can test it for yourself.

Sin on the other hand is quite subjective, i prefer to think of positives and negatives, both of which come back to you in various ways.

As for reincarnation, you can find evidence of it within your bible... many other religions also believe in it including gnostic beliefs, and many sects of christianity...

So again believe whatever you like... Perhaps if you researched these issues you might change your mind.

Perhaps not though, if you're an avid church goer i can safely assume you're mind is made up about your beliefs. Thats kinda my issue with people of the church... Theres no room for inturpretation, just believe what we say or else.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

If I were to live my life for a man who tells me that I should follow in his foot steps, wouldn't it be pertinent that I know the whereabouts and experiences of this man's life for the 18 years that were omitted in the Bible?

This is why a religion is also called a "faith."

Some people choose faith over fact, because it provides them with convenient, satisfying answers to life's tougher questions. No messy debating... just go with the status quo and hope things will turn out alright.

The rest of us aren't so satisfied, and choose factual examination over blind faith in things that can't be proven.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join