It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Generation Jobless: Young Men Suffer Worst as Economy Staggers

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
All I can say is I have been in jail before, other then being REALLY boring its not that bad, nothing to worry about, 3 meals a day, we had cable, lots of people to talk to or play cards with, any drugs you want, ect...

I have worked hard all my life I am very well educated in computers I have always made at least $15 an hour usually in the high $20 range, I have owned 3 computer stores and a couple of other business's that I have sold at a profit... I now cannot find a job I put out many applications every day as well as online shooting my resume out to every job I can. I have had to move in with my brother who is a DJ and barely makes the bills, I help him around the house and I cook for him since he pays the bills and buys me food, without him I do not know where I would be right now...

I am not lazy also for the idiots who think people who cannot find jobs are lazy I have 2 associates degrees one in automotive and one in autobody and thanks to a dumb bitch rear ending my car I have a bad back and neck and can not do hardly any labor I live in plenty of pain on a daily basis so its not like I can just take whatever job digging ditches , ect.

That is why I have always learned and worked with computers so I had a non labor skill that I can use, also before you say I shouldn't try to make so much I am very much willing to make far less then I have in the past I am willing to work for min wage but I can't even get that.

I am at the point where I am seriously considering...what is the point of trying to do things right when its much easier to sell drugs or do other illegal things to make money.. what is the worse that can happen I go to jail and get free health care, free food, free place to stay.

It seems to me that what they are trying to do is either give people no reason care anymore and become criminals or become homeless and live on the streets... but who knows.

Maybe I could get a job on wallstreet...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by dc4lifeskater

Ill tell yeah right now Im semi employed now make what I can and who ever much too

I left school in 2007-2009 without graduating because I was offered a great as was a loan officer in San diego
making up to 6000-7000 a month easy june 09 Cali changed the home loan laws and by 2010 im scratching a living off of selling promo product and doing event management trade-show like run the registration monitor speaking session i worked EA sports booth at coma-con and was payed well as the the 10 turned 11 those jobs dried up 1/3 of the vendors dropped out of coma-con
but wont work any full time job for 10/hr or go back to school so i can owe some chump $40000- $60000 thats BS degree for suckers
Ill scalp some sports or concert tickets or sell something to the stupid and rich that anent worth a dime, or use a credit card with reward points buy 3000 gold US dollar coins from the mint for 3000 plus free shipping and go pay the bill at the back with the coins sell the plane tickets or fly off to vegas maybe rob some punk drug dealers who think they some gangster # but are to young and to dumb to see the teaser glove and I will never go hungry embassy suites has free breakfast for guests till 9 will fresh pancakes and omelets and ill walk in and eat like belong because they are my guest

You might say thats not right or its against the rules well rules and laws can be used to take your sh*t and thats legal still is not right so know a wrong doesnt make a right but 3 lefts do and as long as im not taking food out of peoples mouths or the roof over their head then i dont care if some chump bought a gift car with no money on it dumba$$ shoulda gone to the store

i don't have a masters but i don't need one to tell you its bad for anyone 18 and up, their are people with masters degrees making me my Starbucks and they have more debt then i do but i wont pay it and they dont know what to do with a loan that gains interest everyday student loans just like the mortgage is a fat scam

The term is called loan sharking- I know how to get loans for houses people cant afford approved its easy number manipulation but this is one of the shadiest things Ive ever done and wish i hadn't looking back
because then 5 years later the house gets foreclosed on and a family is on the streets
you think most loan offcer gives a sh*t they got payed the chump got played
but i feel that was the worst thing ive ever done and it was legal So rules and laws are just meaningless unless you got the muscle to back it up

student debt is worse it will never go away it can follow you beyond the grave and Bankruptcy wont make it go away

this is the con-artists generation to fleece and hit on the head for everything they can get

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by dc4lifeskater
I am at the point where I am seriously considering...what is the point of trying to do things right when its much easier to sell drugs or do other illegal things to make money.. what is the worse that can happen I go to jail and get free health care, free food, free place to stay.

It seems to me that what they are trying to do is either give people no reason care anymore and become criminals or become homeless and live on the streets... but who knows.

That's what it is going to come down to for many people. It is either rob the liquor store or starve. Get a real job or run a meth lab.

I have been self employed for 9 years. Unfortunately most of that work has been in real estate and construction. Luckily I paid off most of my debt but money has been hard to come by for the last 3 or so years. Even luckier my wife is a nurse, so me giving her financial help during her school years is paying off BIG.

As far as I am concerned, the drop-off in business has given me more time to think. That thinking has gotten me angry.

I hope those who are struggling are thinking as well.

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join